Nexus 6P - System Update - OTA - MDA89D to MDB08K

Search This thread

stuff

Apr 16, 2007
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Guys, no carrier is blocking any updates to your devices.
Google pushes any, and all updates out in batches. Not everyone gets it all at once, and some people may even wait days to weeks for the update.

Reactions: [hfm]

Sennfire

Nov 2, 2014
I know this is a little off-topic, but what's Google's justification for the two week staggered rollout on OTAs? I can see the reasoning for large system updates like 5.1.1 to 6.0 (strain on servers, testing on small batches first etc), but why bother staggering out these small security patches? They're monthly updates designed to plug security holes and patch exploits, but some people won't be getting the OTA until half way through the patches life cycle. Seems silly at best, insecure at worst.

daleski75

Jul 21, 2008
Northampton
I know this is a little off-topic, but what's Google's justification for the two week staggered rollout on OTAs? I can see the reasoning for large system updates like 5.1.1 to 6.0 (strain on servers, testing on small batches first etc), but why bother staggering out these small security patches? They're monthly updates designed to plug security holes and patch exploits, but some people won't be getting the OTA until half way through the patches life cycle. Seems silly at best, insecure at worst.

Totally agree with this, all security OTA's should be pushed out to all Nexus devices at the same time.

bobbyput

Jun 25, 2014
I am on Verizon and have also not had an OTA. Seems like a verizon issue?

I am on Verizon and I got mine yesterday. I was wondering how long it would take.

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

I got my update yesterday and just noticed that my build number is MDB08L not MDB08K. Anyone else?

redikulous

Nov 4, 2015
I am on Verizon and I got mine yesterday. I was wondering how long it would take.

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

I got my update yesterday and just noticed that my build number is MDB08L not MDB08K. Anyone else?

I am also on MDB08L and I got the November security update yesterday. *Also on Verizon

itch808

Apr 29, 2010
Only got my phone yesterday and am using Verizon, just got the update notice today. Pretty darn quick if you ask me! It's so strange to get an early update while on Verizon, the slowest carrier to usually update their phones. I guess it shows it has nothing to do with carriers!

Thumbs up Google!

pipnmike

Jul 17, 2010
New York
Only got my phone yesterday and am using Verizon, just got the update notice today. Pretty darn quick if you ask me! It's so strange to get an early update while on Verizon, the slowest carrier to usually update their phones. I guess it shows it has nothing to do with carriers!

Thumbs up Google!

Got my phone on Tuesday, on Verizon. Still on 89D. Oh well. I guess it really is staged

Olddog828

Oct 28, 2010
Etowah, NC
Got my phone on Tuesday, on Verizon. Still on 89D. Oh well. I guess it really is staged

Received phone yesterday, on Verizon, received the MDB08L update about an hour ago. Did system update check a few times with no results, but was out all afternoon and didn't look at phone for a while, when I did, said the system update was downloaded and ready to install.

SIM card is new. was sent from Verizon

Last edited:

Ken401

Dec 26, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Has anyone on Verizon received an update who used an activated sim card from another phone without going through the registration process? Just wondering if that might be making a difference.

Last edited:

cmo220

Aug 26, 2010
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I got my phone last Thursday. I'm on Verizon. I'm still waiting for any OTA. Still on 89D. I don't think it has anything to do with the carrier still.

I used my SIM card from my old phone. Didn't get a new one activated on this phone.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Quie2TP

Sep 12, 2009
Kansas
I haven't gotten a single OTA yet :(

Not even the security update....I'm on Verizon.
Same here.
Sorry to sound dumb emei? Imei?

I use to work for O2 and generally updates would be sent from the phone manufactures and it would take then anything from 3 weeks to months or even never before they would push the update to the phones. It was before the nexus phones were out so not sure if they would have to give the go ahead or not.

I'm still sat on MDA89D.

I'm still on mda89d never mind mdb08m

Nice being on a nexus with all the speedy updates...

Fidelio_o

Sep 1, 2007

Same here, just got the November security update yesterday also.

Top Liked Posts