Nexus 6P - System Update - OTA - MDA89D to MDB08K

Search This thread

rdoane

May 27, 2010
Anybody had a chance to pull this OTA? I still haven't gotten it again since its attempted install when I first got my phone on Wednesday.

combat goofwing

Mar 3, 2009
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I think mine may have tried to install it on set up,I remember it saying there was and update, but I'm still on 89 and no update yet says my phone is up to date.Any one on EE in the UK had this yet or are we all still waiting

heleos

Jun 30, 2010
I didn't get the ota, but I flashed the latest system image last night

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

mkouk

Nov 7, 2008
Manchester
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Nothing to do with putting EE sim in and them blocking the update.

I'm on EE as well with my 6p which i purchased from the Google Store and I have yet to receive a notification for the update. Perhaps I'm being a bit paranoid but could this delay be down to EE rather than Google? If they are using exactly the same builds and not EE-specific firmware then perhaps they have some sort of review process (rather than approval) before Google releases the firmware update on devices connected on the EE network?

papi92

Nov 15, 2009
Update. It's just camera improvements and battery. It's no big deal

belloni

Jun 8, 2013
I tried manually flashing the image but it didn't work, followed droidview.com instructions.

Last edited:

Daveoc64

Dec 1, 2011
Bristol
daveoc64.co.uk
I got the update notification before I put a SIM in the phone. By the time I was actually ready to install the update, I'd put my EE SIM in the phone and the update didn't install when I clicked on the option to do it (it said "Restart and Install" but the app just closed).

It does make me suspect that EE is blocking the updates. I'm not too worried at this stage because I could just sideload the OTA if it contained anything more than minor fixes like this one.

See the notes to editors, how are EE pushing updates to a nexus device?

There's no reason why Google can't include support for EE Wi-Fi calling in the images and updates that go out to all Nexus 6P devices. The feature would only appear with an EE SIM inserted into the phone.

That's how T-Mobile USA is currently offering the feature on the Nexus 6P.

Last edited:

hal752

Jul 6, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
To my knowledge the carriers have no control over the updates that come from Google. Especially over software unless there running the carriers own software. I'm on o2 with a nexus 6p from one of there stores and I also haven't received a update. Though I think this is probably due to a staggered roll out. Give it a few days and failing that just flash the update another way?

[hfm]

Aug 21, 2009
NYC
To my knowledge the carriers have no control over the updates that come from Google. Especially over software unless there running the carriers own software. I'm on o2 with a nexus 6p from one of there stores and I also haven't received a update. Though I think this is probably due to a staggered roll out. Give it a few days and failing that just flash the update another way?
The algorithm they use us based on emei. It takes me weeks to get updates sometimes.

Sent from a phone that is not a 128GB Frost Nexus 6P

hal752

Jul 6, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Sorry to sound dumb emei? Imei?

I use to work for O2 and generally updates would be sent from the phone manufactures and it would take then anything from 3 weeks to months or even never before they would push the update to the phones. It was before the nexus phones were out so not sure if they would have to give the go ahead or not.

I'm still sat on MDA89D.

Top Liked Posts