• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Nexus 7 2013 stuck at Google screen

Search This thread

Gloftking

Jun 15, 2014
I might have the same problem

My nexus 7 (2012) tab started freezing during use and then after booting in safe mode and wiping cache in recovery mode it now doesn't even go past the "google" screen. I haven't even flashed anything to it at all and it's showing these crazy symptoms (The bootloader is still locked and the device is not even rooted). I still have access to the adb sideload mode and fastboot via PC but I am confused af as to what has happened.

Obviously I don't want to risk screwing up the motherboard further with a bash on the left side if this turns out not to be the case.

Any ideas how to do this more safely guys? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

MGreen1216

Jun 29, 2016
So I know this thread is old, but now I'm having issues with my nexus 7 (2013). It will not boot up,v stuck on Google logo. I am able to put in fastboot mode. I'd like to do a hard reset/wipe but I cannot enter recovery mode; it just goes to the Google logo and doesn't show me the recovery menu. I thought I could try doing it through adb but bootloader is locked. Downloaded toolkit but it requires correct build number, which I do not know :( AND USB debugging is not enabled. So, any help with getting this tablet up and awake?! It's not rooted BTW, its running stock 6.0 marshmallow.

reapingdead

Apr 27, 2017
So I know this thread is old, but now I'm having issues with my nexus 7 (2013). It will not boot up,v stuck on Google logo. I am able to put in fastboot mode. I'd like to do a hard reset/wipe but I cannot enter recovery mode; it just goes to the Google logo and doesn't show me the recovery menu. I thought I could try doing it through adb but bootloader is locked. Downloaded toolkit but it requires correct build number, which I do not know :( AND USB debugging is not enabled. So, any help with getting this tablet up and awake?! It's not rooted BTW, its running stock 6.0 marshmallow.

This is a little late and you may have already fixed this, but I've had this issue for months (where the tablet will just stay on the logo, or the tablet will refuse to interact with my touch/orientation not working). My way to fix it (this is going to sound really stupid but it has worked for me) is to turn the tablet around (and ideally place it on a flat surface, though, ive been able to do it with just holding it) and tap on the nexus logo, starting from the letter 'N', to the 'S' and then back. I don't think you need to press on them that hard, but hard enough that you're actually putting pressure. It sometimes takes a few times of back and forth to work, but it definitely has worked for me.

Hope this helps for anyone with this issue

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have no way to enable usb debugging since I cant tun on the device, right?
    You don't need to enable USB debugging for fastboot mode.

You just need to press Power+VolDown until you get into the bootloader. That is fastboot mode. It will install Android Bootloader Interface (usb debugging does android debug bridge interface)

I actually didn't realize you weren't unlocked. If that is the case, the unlock process will erase your userdata, so you might as well just do the full factory restore.

First goto bootloader mode using Power+VolDown and connect USB, type
    • fastboot oem unlock
    You'll see a question on the tablet screen, Press VolUp to go to yes and Power to select.

On the command prompt in windows, you should see it erase userdata and cache.

On the bootloader screen it should have "Start" highlighted (if not, use VolDown to cycle until you see "Start"). Press Power to accept. You should see Google, then it'll go into recovery and format userdata and cache. It'll then try to boot and since /system is having issues, you'll be stuck in Google again.

Go back into bootloader mode, hold Power+VolDown for a while until you see the bootloader screen.

Now grab the factory image as above, gunzip, untar, and you should have a folder razor-jss15j

Copy these files from your adb directory to the razor-jss15j directory
    • adb.exe
    • fastboot.exe
    • AdbWinApi.dll
    • AdbWinUsbApi.dll

In command prompt in the razor-jss15j directory, type
    • flash-all

It should output a bunch of stuff, essentially writing a factory image to your tablet.

When it is done, it'll reboot and hopefully you'll get the initial setup window.

I wrote this up from memory, so hopefully I didn't forget stuff. If something doesn't seem right just ask.
    So I ended up sending my N7 to get a quote, which I just received : $205!
    This is to replace the motherboard.
    Quote breakdown is mb at $170,labor at $25 and shipping at $10.
    No need to say I won't do it... And I won't buy asus anymore either...
    An androidforums user named Smaran Challapalli shared his little trick wich worked for me, but i dont guarantee thatbit will work for u 2
    "As stupid as it might sound, if you have used a magnetic case, this seems to be happening.

How to make it work?

The answer sounds even more ridiculous. Bump it hard on the left side while booting up.

Worked and still works for me."
    Is your device rooted? If not that is just rediculous on asus's part

My device is not rooted at all.
    I've had it for 2 days.
    I have to say, I am very disappointed in all of these issues.
    My problem is I can't turn the tablet off. When I hold the power button it just restarts.
    Also I tried the hard reset and it does nothing. Just stays on the Google screen
    Did you specifically try to get into bootloader mode using the post I mentioned.

You need to Press Power+VolDown continuously until the bootloader menu comes up?

The fact that you are getting to the Google screen at all means your bootloader is still working so I find it hard to understand why you wouldn't be able to get into bootloader mode.
    Did you specifically try to get into bootloader mode using the post I mentioned.

You need to Press Power+VolDown continuously until the bootloader menu comes up?

The fact that you are getting to the Google screen at all means your bootloader is still working so I find it hard to understand why you wouldn't be able to get into bootloader mode.

What do I do once into the bootloader mode?
    Start, restart bootloader, or recovery?