[Nexus 7][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch

Search This thread

brizey

Aug 6, 2011
Don't you feel bad knowing you have a few gigs of data on your sdcard that you do not know where they are and even how to delete to free up space?

However, browsing sdcard help questions are not the purpose of a dev thread

Still i added a faq help for people ignoring /data/media things

Finally, when you need help, provide logs. It is also in main thread

Phil, anything we can do for our poor old N7's? You have the best f2fs implementation, and this is the device that needs it the most! But we are stuck on a March build.

Phil3759

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2012
Phil, anything we can do for our poor old N7's? You have the best f2fs implementation, and this is the device that needs it the most! But we are stuck on a March build.

You have a very old kernel (3.1)
https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_asus_grouper/blob/cm-11.0/Makefile#L2

I only played with +3.4 kernels to merge f2fs
Else, it is a pain in the ass to maintain sources when I don't own the device

You have to find a dev for your device that makes an f2fs kernel
After that, someone has just to compile my sources with his kernel sources, or even a prebuilt

If a dev is interested, just reply here
I am not going to compile it my self though as I am busy and I expect a few issues on such old device

Reactions: espaciosalter20
You have a very old kernel (3.1)
https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_asus_grouper/blob/cm-11.0/Makefile#L2

I only played with +3.4 kernels to merge f2fs
Else, it is a pain in the ass to maintain sources when I don't own the device

You have to find a dev for your device that makes an f2fs kernel
After that, someone has just to compile my sources with his kernel sources, or even a prebuilt

If a dev is interested, just reply here
I am not going to compile it my self though as I am busy and I expect a few issues on such old device

Hi Phil,

How about this one:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=38551139

It has f2fs ?

Unfortunately I cannot compile, so maybe someone else can step in?

Sent from the GT-I9505 Galaxy

Phil3759

May 30, 2012
Reactions: bshiznit
Not sure about size...
You can ask the kernel dev to just compile CWM with that prebuilt kernel

I doubt I have time, at least for now. If no one tried it, remind me in about a month or two please

Hi Phil, as discussed, a small reminder. Unfortunately it seems that noone did it for the old nexus 7.

Will be great if you find the time

Sent from the GT-I9505 Galaxy

Phil3759

May 30, 2012
@Phil3759 I have a Nexus 7 2012. I am interested in doing the builds if I can.

I was able to build a ROM for the Nexus 7 using the latest drivers from Google.

Is there a place I can start to read to learn how to do the builds?

I am gonna try and start reading http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2132672
and
http://xda-university.com/as-a-developer/porting-clockworkmod-recovery-to-a-new-device

start reading at cyanogenmod wiki to build cwm recovery
Once you build CWM, just replace bootable/recovery with my sources and read the main thread

Reactions: dechronic

lucky_515

Oct 8, 2014
columbus indiana
I appreciate the feedback

Wipe data/factory reset keeps sdcard
Under Mounts and Storage: you can either format /data only (rm -rf keeping sdcard), sdcard only (rm -rf /data/media or /data/media/0 depending on how you set it up in Advanced menus) or both of them (true format command on /data partition)

About error 7: I will repack one for the grouper
ive read threw several pages..even googled it..found special instructions bout special features of your recovery how to use them and all..but the feature i was looking for wasnt clear on how to perform it,only said how it can be done then went on to the more important features..i wanted a png image my own personal img as background in your recovery like the picture you displayed in the thread...i tried moveing pic to sd card then found out its got to be png image..not jpg...is there a crtin path it has to be in?and do i need to create a folder named theme like when themeing twrp?...just looking for specfic directions how to do this..and also how i can get my personal pic. into png format?..my pics takein on smartphone are all jpg i think anyways?..again im not trying waste no ones time i did use google and i read the threads...any help would be greatly appreciated..thanlk you for the recovery it is my fav. now over twrp or any other recovery

adrman

Jul 17, 2012
NYC
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but development on Philz recovery has ended.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Main thread + features + install instructions + dev support
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2201860

PhilZ Touch is a CWM Advanced Edition that adds all the features you could ever miss in CWM
    It is a well proven recovery for many phones

It also adds a full touch interface a completely configurable GUI

Please give your feedback, what works, and any bug you could encounter
    Read the features, and check if you are missing something

To take a screen shot, just slide left

Also, do not forget to read about the powerful aroma file manager integration and double tap shortcut

Download links
    Last version can be found here:
    @Phil3759 when you have time can you place this in goo. Tested confirmed working v6.58.9

Enjoy :D
    Released v5.08.5

Change list 5.07.1 ---> 5.08.5
    5.08.5 (11.07.2013)
    - Compile Aroma File Manager (by amarullz) zip installer under recovery:
    * either compile whole recovery, zip will be created at first pass
    * or only compile aroma zip installer in two pass:
    1- mmm bootable/recovery/aromafm
    2- mmm bootable/recovery/aromafm/tools
    * output: [target_out]/aromafm_out/aromafm_[DeviceID].zip
    - detect aroma compatibility with non NEON devices during compiling
    - use less conflicting flags: TARGET_NAME --> TARGET_COMMON_NAME

5.08.0 (07.07.2013)
    - improve nandroid progress bar update
    - fix recovery was not prompting when backup estimated size is larger than free space
    - add ors backup support for twrp format requested by BillGoss
    - ors backup: when no backup name is given, generate it using same way as nandroid operations (time stamp + rom name tag)
    - support separated compiling for Loki patched devices (S4 AT&T and Verizon)
    - i9505: revert some changes to fix time bug for some users
    - Galaxy S4 US variants: repack around Audism stock JB 4.3 kernel v3 + Samsung exfat modules + revert use of mkefs for partition corruption issue
    - fix missing break in set backup compression value menu (misc_nandroid_menu())
    - misc clean up code
    - sync latest sources

5.07.6 (05.07.2013)
    - update version 6.0.3.3
    - add exfat-fuse 1.0.1.362 / 2.9.2 optional support by enabling USE_EXFAT_FUSE_BIN CFLAG in BoardConfig (exfat support on cyanogenmod repacks)
    - i9505: use Audism kernel v3 (Stock Samsung sources) to fix partition corruption without additional code and for better exfat support

Please Note: Device specific threads will no longer be updated. I monitor them for support and feedback though
    To check if you have a new version, subscribe to main thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2201860

Thank you for your understanding
    added grouper version
    @Phil3759 What's up, I have to update wife's Nexus 7 to lollipop, everyone is in Luck I will compile the latest recovery to 6.59.0 In a couple of days.