Nexus 9 is here / discussion

Are you getting the HTC Nexus 9

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

rdelfin

Jul 20, 2012
After watching the hands-on for Android Central, I guess the black model seems to be as real and available on launch day as the white one is (sadly, not so for Sand).

manigault

Jun 27, 2012
Ohio
i got a Nexus 9 a few days ago,and i found un site very good to buy the accessories,who want?
d434c347d7f518a639578f029dd3d71b.jpg

silrosriv

May 2, 2012
I got mine a couple of weeks ago. I like it, but do wish it had an ir blaster. It's ok though, I'll just live with the one on my s5. Has it been rooted yet?

Apoxx

Dec 18, 2009
Daytona Beach
One thing that's been hyped up in this tablet is it's Tegra SoC which supposedly has a wonderful and insanely fast GPU.

I was shocked to say the least when I fired up The Room 2 on both my Galaxy Tab S and my Nexus 9.
Screenshots below:

Nexus 9: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4iKrFCkRQiWTDE5U3REUXBNTEU/view?usp=sharing
Tab S: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4iKrFCkRQiWeWREX2MtRGdMdGs/view?usp=sharing

The overall quality of the game on the Tab S is miles ahead of the Nexus 9. Better textures, motion blur, depth of field etc, and it even has a weaker GPU. What the f is going on?

Didn't know where to post this though, so bear with me.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DAMMIT! No word about expandable memory.

I was sick of the 16GB of my Nexus 10 when I got it, and I still can't get over the fact that they've deiliberatly crippled a device which you, pretty much, only use for media consumption. Yeah, sure, Murica has pretty kewl streaming services, but the majority of the rest of the world still does not. Even if I'd pay for netflix, I can only watch it from inside the US! Ergo, travelling, especially by plane, makes it near impossible to stay entertained!
    I can use about 8GB for movies. Wait, a movie is easily over 12GB (1080p).
    So now, everywhere I go, I have to use this corsair usb stick, just because somebody didn't think this through - again.

Yeah, I know, micro sd cards have their problems with Android, and how the system has to set up a server to transfer media files onto it while still being able to read the storage, but DAMMIT GOOGLE! DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! Leaving it out is not a proper solution for a problem!
    "Oh, these seats are really hard to implement in the car, so you are a) safe and sound in accidents and b) get in and out of them without any problems. Let's leave them out - who needs them anyways. Plenty of nice office chairs around! With a bit of rope and a nice knot.. and it's not like they don't have wheels on them!.. yeah.. who needs seats in a car!"

Seriously Google. Do something.

This sounds more "ranty" than I would like, but dammit! They ruin it every time.
    I was really looking forward to this device, since the Nvidia Shield Tablet was such an extreme failure. Looks like I'll have to keep looking for an 8" - 8.9" tablet with a decent display, decent CPU and expandable memory that is not complete garbage. (à la ipad - or one of those ipad knockoffs.)

Cheers. Literally.

Google isn't going to solve a non-existent(for them) problem. The fact of the matter is they don't care if customers want expandable storage. The reason they don't include expandable storage in their devices is so they can push cloud services. So technically, they solved their own problem which you could define as "not enough users utilizing cloud services due to removable media". Sorry guy, welcome to capitalism.
    I hope we get TWRP
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone