Nexus Launcher (Unreleased)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

BeansTown106

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 22, 2011
BeanTown USA
Since someone i trusted took a zip i made(dont know who) and uploaded it to the public figure i might as well post the original zip.
credits for the leak cant be given due to nda's, jobs, etc. just be grateful :)

apks need to be installed to system for google now page to work as well as wallpaper picker best bet is to just flash the zip as it is. or place the apks in the correct locations with correct permissions

Link: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24588232905722237

Screenshots: https://plus.google.com/+NathanBenis/posts/GyGSDJyd9bs

Attachments

• Leaked_NexusLauncher.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 67,393
Last edited:

doubleaykay

Nov 8, 2013
Force closes for me, tried installing both as a normal APK and pushing to /system/priv-apps/NexusLauncherPrebuilt and setting permissions. (Galaxy S4 TouchWiz 5.0.1 Rooted, Xposed)

Any suggestions?

Reactions: sanket_sy

nathanchance

Senior Recognized Developer / Contributor
Jul 22, 2015
Mesa, AZ
nathanchance.dev
Attachment added since AFH is down for maintenance.

So without root this can't work properly I take it?
You just need a way to flash it or push it to /system/priv-app/NexusLauncherPrebuilt. You don't need to be rooted to actually use it.

Force closes for me, tried installing both as a normal APK and pushing to /system/priv-apps/NexusLauncherPrebuilt and setting permissions. (Galaxy S4 TouchWiz 5.0.1 Rooted, Xposed)

Any suggestions?
The path should be /system/priv-app/NexusLauncherPrebuilt (don't know if that was just a typo here) but so far it has only been tested on Marshmallow and Nougat, it may just be incompatible with Lollipop. You may try flashing it if you have the ability to do so.

doubleaykay

Nov 8, 2013
Attachment added since AFH is down for maintenance.

You just need a way to flash it or push it to /system/priv-app/NexusLauncherPrebuilt. You don't need to be rooted to actually use it.

The path should be /system/priv-app/NexusLauncherPrebuilt (don't know if that was just a typo here) but so far it has only been tested on Marshmallow and Nougat, it may just be incompatible with Lollipop. You may try flashing it if you have the ability to do so.
I checked the path, it is correct. I also tried flashing it with the same results. I know that the apk is lollipop-compatible as it does not throw a package parse error at install. Something else must be causing it to crash...

I was on the Google app beta stream, so I even tried opting out of that and installing the release version, that did not work either... so it's not an issue with the Google app.

Pacer_456

Dec 7, 2015
London
Just installed on my LG G2 d800 and it running great! Looks amazing, sick wallpapers and pretty smooth. Awesome work!

SvMagus

Jul 19, 2012
Manassas
Installed fine in DP5 using nexus 6 but I can't get the Google Now slide to work.

... nevermind, I need root to get this working...

Last edited:

steviemch

Jul 25, 2013
Airdrie
Also force closes for me running DP5, Nexus 6p. I'm not having much luck on G+ getting answers to wether or not other preview users are having the same issue after flashing the zip.

Last edited:

skiely666

May 26, 2011
Google Pixel 3 XL
Google Pixel 6
Also force closes for me running DP5, Nexus 6p. I'm not having much luck getting answers to wether or not other preview users are having the same issue after flashing the zip.

Nexus 6P DP5 running fine here, swipe to Google app & new wallpaper picker working fine, except for the frosted dock..

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA Labs

Reactions: steviemch

steviemch

Jul 25, 2013
Airdrie
Nexus 6P DP5 running fine here, swipe to Google app & new wallpaper picker working fine, except for the frosted dock..

Strange. I've tried a few times now, always with the same result. Flashes and installs fine but as soon as I try to access the home page I get constant force closes. I'll have to give up and troubleshoot in the morning.

Nexus 6P

skiely666

May 26, 2011
Google Pixel 3 XL
Google Pixel 6
Strange. I've tried a few times now, always with the same result. Flashes and installs fine but as soon as I try to access the home page I get constant force closes. I'll have to give up and troubleshoot in the morning.

Nexus 6P

Maybe try a different zip, I've tried 2 different ones trying to get rid of the dock problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts