Nexus Media Importer: Cannot "Stream" video files. . . ?

Search This thread

ellessone

Jul 23, 2007
I hope you can assist so I can take advantage of one of the great features of this App.

So, the bottom line is I cannot "stream" the videos on my flash drive when viewed through the application. Each video was made converting using Handbrake to an .MP4 file using the preset "Android High" setting. I've put the files onto a brand new Cruzer 32GB FAT32 formatted drive from Amazon. I then connect using my second purchase of a OTG cable from Amazon. Both cables recognize the files and read the information on them, but neither file will play them using DICE player, ES Media Player, MX Player, nor Vplayer.

The vids work fine once "copied" over to the device but then I think that defeats the purpose of carrying around the flash drive. . .please assist and let me know what I can do to get this working. Thanks in advance.

Jul 12, 2012
Corpus
I hope you can assist so I can take advantage of one of the great features of this App.

So, the bottom line is I cannot "stream" the videos on my flash drive when viewed through the application. Each video was made converting using Handbrake to an .MP4 file using the preset "Android High" setting. I've put the files onto a brand new Cruzer 32GB FAT32 formatted drive from Amazon. I then connect using my second purchase of a OTG cable from Amazon. Both cables recognize the files and read the information on them, but neither file will play them using DICE player, ES Media Player, MX Player, nor Vplayer.

The vids work fine once "copied" over to the device but then I think that defeats the purpose of carrying around the flash drive. . .please assist and let me know what I can do to get this working. Thanks in advance.

Have you tried speaking with the developer?
Nexus Media Importer Thread. That's his thread. He answers there. He's very helpful.

I have the app and it's played everything I have tried:
http://i.imgur.com/QZxhB.png
http://i.imgur.com/ZLpq8.jpg

How are you encoding the audio? To what settings?

I have tested the app with a few flash drives (even some really old and slow ones) and it's worked out fine. But my main flash drives are these Kingston DataTraveler G3 32GB bought from newegg.

Contact the dev in his thread and maybe he can help you pinpoint the issue.

As a note: we use this QQ Tech USB-OTG Cable.

Good luck.

Reactions: kevchaps

dburckh

Jan 26, 2011
Nexus Media Importer Thread. That's his thread. He answers there. He's very helpful.

I have tested the app with a few flash drives (even some really old and slow ones) and it's worked out fine. But my main flash drives are these Kingston DataTraveler G3 32GB bought from newegg.

Good luck.

Try BS Player. I've had the best luck with that.

I've attached my Blu-Ray Tegra2 profile for Handbrake. The Nexus 7 should eat these for breakfast.

Attachments

• Tegra2.zip
    1 KB · Views: 91

ellessone

Jul 23, 2007
Try BS Player. I've had the best luck with that.

I've attached my Blu-Ray Tegra2 profile for Handbrake. The Nexus 7 should eat these for breakfast.

Tried your Tegra2 profile you sent on a quick music video, still getting errors on every 6 different video players. Just saved the video to my device, played perfectly. . .

Again, still trying to solve for the "streaming" ability this app has. . .Is there another main setting somewhere I am missing?

dburckh

Jan 26, 2011
Tried your Tegra2 profile you sent on a quick music video, still getting errors on every 6 different video players. Just saved the video to my device, played perfectly. . .

Again, still trying to solve for the "streaming" ability this app has. . .Is there another main setting somewhere I am missing?

There are no settings to mess with. I guess the next question, which should have been the first is what do you mean by they don't stream? Do you get an error, or does nothing happen? If nothing happens, it could be that the server is hung. Click disconnect and then scan. That will bounce the server.

Anyway, I just released 3.0.3 last night which seems to be very stable. Might want to give that a shot.

ellessone

Jul 23, 2007
Tried converting the file using DVD Catylist as recommended using the Nexus 7 profile, still nothing. . .

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Good luck.