Nexus One 2.3.4 OTA link!!!

Search This thread

jboxer

Apr 16, 2009
Bangkok
Finally got update to flash

I kept getting the OTA update available message but it would not flash. My Nexus One is rooted. With stock recovery I could not see what the problem was, so I flashed RA recovery to my device to see what was going on during the flash attempt.

1. First I was getting signature verification failed, so I toggled off file verification so RA recovery would flash the OTA zip.

2. The next problem I had after getting past the signature verification problem was an "assert failed" error. The problem was that the OTA update calculates a SHA1SUM for every file it is going to replace in your system file, and if the file in your system generates a different checksum the assert fails. I had replaced the stock "apns-conf.xml" file with one with every carrier in the world. After replacing this file back to stock, I got the official OTA update to flash.

I then flashed Chaindd's superuser update zip before rebooting as a precaution to make sure I didn't lose root. The udpate does replace recovery with stock so if you use a custom recovery you will need to flash it after the update.

If you are getting an assert failed error make sure there are no system files you replaced with non-stock ones as I had done. :)

dekans

Feb 27, 2010
I did'nt change any system file.
I have pur stock GRI40, but still getting assert failed... (on file DroidSansMono.ttf)

jboxer

Apr 16, 2009
Bangkok
I did'nt change any system file.
I have pur stock GRI40, but still getting assert failed... (on file DroidSansMono.ttf)

Did you change any font files to another font, or have an app that changed the fonts to a custom font. If so, you can just revert all fonts back to stock and then it should not have the assert error on the font file.

raviv

May 23, 2010
I modified the update.zip. No existing app verification, no update of the org. recovery. Testet with Amon-Ra 2.2.1 (Signature verification turned off!)

1) flash update.zip
2) flash su.zip

I stay on root, everything working like under 2.3.3 ;)

Using on own risk....
Trying to update from a rooted GRI40 + Amon RA:

Flashed both update.zip and su.zip, wiped davik cache, rebooted.
Phone stuck in X screen.
I'm able to "talk" to it with adb shell but it won't finish booting.

Any ideas?

(using latest

jboxer

Apr 16, 2009
Bangkok
Trying to update from a rooted GRI40 + Amon RA:

Flashed both update.zip and su.zip, wiped davik cache, rebooted.
Phone stuck in X screen.
I'm able to "talk" to it with adb shell but it won't finish booting.

Any ideas?

(using latest

If you can go into recovery try a factory reset. Sometimes old app data can interfer with the phone booting.

raviv

May 23, 2010
Tried wiping data as well - didn't help. Phone stays in recovery screen (X with padlock) after boot.

So, Anyone has a stock GRJ22 + root, that can be flushed using latest Amon RA recovery?

Thanks!

dekans

Feb 27, 2010
Did you change any font files to another font, or have an app that changed the fonts to a custom font. If so, you can just revert all fonts back to stock and then it should not have the assert error on the font file.

No, I didn't change any system file.
My phone is not even rooted.
Stock ROM, stock recovery.

sarshadd

Dec 29, 2010
does 2.3.4 fix the notification light irregularities?

also, just to be sure. in order to upgrade and retain root privileges i need to

1. flash 2.3.4
2. DO NOT REBOOT
3. flash super user zip
4. NOW reboot
5. profit

correct?

Last edited:

tutysara

Mar 28, 2011
bangalore
I haven't got that and I am still struck at 2.2. This is a new phone and moved to this after experimenting with some other android phone. I need to know how can I get OTA.
Is it something like available only for some period after google announces it?

If at a later time how can I upgrade from 2.2 to 2.3.4 without breaking the warranty.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts