Nexus one bootscreen for Tattoo

Search This thread

TheSSJ

• Feb 25, 2010
    Hi all,

Before you say something I just "ported" a boot screen from Nexus One to Tattoo (this included resizing the picture to our screen res). Here it is:

Nexus One Bootscreen for HTC Tattoo

Here is how you backup your old boot screens and how you set up the new one to be used (u must be root and I also think that Android 2.1 has a different location for these files, but I have only 1.6. If someone know how to do this on 2.1 tell me how and I will update my post!):

1. Unpack the zip file (a new folder named 'boot' should be created)
    Code:
    adb shell
    # cd /system/media/bootscreen
    # mkdir /sdcard/bootscreen_backup
    # cp /system/media/bootscreen/* /sdcard/bootscreen_backup
    # rm *
    # exit
    3. Now perform
    Code:
    adb push pathtobootfolder\boot /system/media/bootscreen

That's it. If you're tired of the Nexus Onbe Bootscreen and you want the old one, do:
    1. adb shell
    Code:
    rm /system/media/bootscreen/*
    cp /sdcard/bootscreen_backup/* /system/media/bootscreen

Finito!:D

Have fun!

/Edit1: I have set Audio=0 in the xml-config because I'm tired of the boot sound...
    /Edit2: Changed screenX to 0, thanks to coolbits for this ;)
    /Edit3: For those guys having problems understanding what to do - look at this post ;)

Last edited:

dejandekic

Dec 4, 2008
    Књажевац
    aam.. because i'm a newbie here where do i have to unpack those files?

My dear fellow Tattoo user, you can unpack the zip file wherever you like, eg. Desktop.

and where should i write those commands? :eek: :rolleyes:

First, you need to have working connection from PC to your phone trough ADB. Those commands you must type in Terminal i.e. Command Line, like this (this is Terminal in Ubuntu, don't be confused - menu is localized in my native language):

screenshot_002_i7nuH8.png

Last edited:

TheSSJ

• Feb 25, 2010
    My dear fellow Tattoo user, you can unpack the zip file wherever you like, eg. Desktop.

First, you need to have working connection from PC to your phone trough ADB. Those commands you must type in Terminal i.e. Command Line, like this (this is Terminal in Ubuntu, don't be confused - menu is localized in my native language):

screenshot_002_i7nuH8.png

Nice explanation :D

Yes! Root is required.

How to do this in Android 2.1? There is no /system/media/bootscreen folder.

Sorry, I don't have Eclair Tattoo build installed (will flash it when FM Radio and Camera are working). I have updated my 1st post with requirements and restrictions...

Last edited:

Musenkishi

Dec 13, 2009
    I've done a similar bootscreen, but I kept the proportions on the logo and it's oriented the right way (top left to bottom right: blue, red, yellow & green).
    Also, I kept the green little buddy and its sound but I removed the annoying sound when the htc-logo should appear.
    I attached the zip-file which contains everything (boot.gif, boot1.gif, boot2.gif, boot_bg.gif, boot_animation.xml and boot.mp3)