• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Nexus One Otterbox Defender case

Search This thread

narcisco.cruz

Feb 22, 2010
Decided to make a small video review on the best case for nexus one . My commuter case broke. So I called and emailed otterbox. I asked them instead a replacement being sent if I could just pay the difference. They said no problem. So I searched and searched for a video and found nothing having to do with this case. So here it is .

hxxp://www(dot)youtube(dot)com/watch?v=64cdz3WbhV0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

EErez

Jan 8, 2010
i actually looked for a video as well, but since there were none (yet obviously) i went ahead and bought mine as well. should be here in a few days. thanks for the video though, im sure it will help others out there.

cmarti

May 7, 2006
The only thing I don't like and it's not the cover fault is that if the phone ever freezes you need to take the cover apart in order to remove the battery; because there is no physical reset button on the phone.

Again it's not a cover flaw more like a phone flaw.

(On the iPhone you can press home and power button and it resets)

Christopher3712

Oct 2, 2007
The only thing I don't like and it's not the cover fault is that if the phone ever freezes you need to take the cover apart in order to remove the battery; because there is no physical reset button on the phone.

Again it's not a cover flaw more like a phone flaw.

(On the iPhone you can press home and power button and it resets)

Try pressing power, volume down, and trackball. :)

nexusonemeover

May 23, 2010
Cleveland, Ohio
anyone else have the problem with the silicone skin coming off the plastic lip when placing it in the holster? i find that im frequently re-seating the silicone skin on those plastic ledges.

great f%^% case though!! best ive ever had for any phone ever.

EErez

Jan 8, 2010
i am personally planning on turning the holster into a car holder using the garmin suction cup arm method posted here somewhere. i dont need the holster, but it holds the phone with the case. with card dock enabled by bluetooth there really is no need for the htc dock.

GorillaPimp

Jul 18, 2008
If I didn't have the OEM desktop dock and car dock I'd probably get that. I have the Seidio innocase which is pretty easy to take off and put back on. I'd be hating life if I had to take that defender off when I got in the car. The clip is cool if you use the phone while working out or running. HTC is selling cases and a holder for the N1 now too.

cmarti

May 7, 2006
My Defender bought in August 16 is falling apart where it snaps to the holster, No falls or abuse.

See the following pic:

IMG_0238.jpg

I already contacted Otterbox let's see what they have to say...

baseballfanz

Oct 19, 2010
Sugar Land TX
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
i am personally planning on turning the holster into a car holder using the garmin suction cup arm method posted here somewhere. i dont need the holster, but it holds the phone with the case. with card dock enabled by bluetooth there really is no need for the htc dock.

I use the Garmin holder but didn't need to incorporate the OB holster.

This was originally done to fit my Samsung Captivate with a Body Glove case.
Slight modifications made it work for the N1 with the Otterbox Defender.

I got this Garmin holder of Ebay for like $4 shipped (got 2 for $8 since it was cheap).
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170551993587

Since the Garmin is much bigger than most phones all you have to do is use a heat gun or any heat source to heat up the two end and mold it to the phone's shape.

1st Garmin holder
2nd back side
3rd mount on dash
4th mount on windshield (use for dash cam)

Attachments

• Image990.jpg
    Image990.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 57
  • Image991.jpg
    Image991.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 56
  • Image994.jpg
    Image994.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 60
  • Image995.jpg
    Image995.jpg