• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Nexus s 2.3.4 root

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

BrunoRafa

Nov 20, 2010
Braga
Hi i have a nexus s with stock 2.3.4 rom and i never rooted it so i have a locked bootloader , my phone has an SLCD screen , i have seen a lot of tutorials but i don't know wich one is the right for my device , could someone help me please.
Sorry for my english

Si_NZ

Jan 6, 2011
Auckland
If I understand you correctly, you want to root and unlock your device is it?

First, take out your battery, tell us which exact model you have by reading off the sticker underneath the battery.

jgariano

May 2, 2011
I have a i9020T Nexus S running 2.3.4, and I'm also considering rooting for the first time. If I root, will that in any way effect my ability to receive future updates (e.g. I won't get OTAs from google, etc)? Note that I'm not planning on installing a custom ROM, I'm just planning on rooting my stock build.

Si_NZ

Jan 6, 2011
Auckland
I have a i9020T Nexus S running 2.3.4, and I'm also considering rooting for the first time. If I root, will that in any way effect my ability to receive future updates (e.g. I won't get OTAs from google, etc)? Note that I'm not planning on installing a custom ROM, I'm just planning on rooting my stock build.

Rooting doesn't effect OTA updates. Rooting is just a matter of flashing su-2.3.6.1-ef-signed.zip. You have to flash it with ClockworkMod recovery, which most likely will require you to first unlock the bootloader. Follow the stickied rooting guide for your phone, the procedure is still the same. You can relock it afterwards if you want to keep the bootloader locked.

Reactions: jgariano
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Rooting doesn't effect OTA updates. Rooting is just a matter of flashing su-2.3.6.1-ef-signed.zip. You have to flash it with ClockworkMod recovery, which most likely will require you to first unlock the bootloader. Follow the stickied rooting guide for your phone, the procedure is still the same. You can relock it afterwards if you want to keep the bootloader locked.