Nexus S Boot Animation (Original Non-Modified)

Search This thread

vinnypel2ella

Jul 18, 2010
Pittsburgh
This is the boot animation taken directly from the Nexus S, I installed root explorer and sent the animation to my phone. No resizing was needed as it looks awesome without it, plus I tried to resize it and it looked funny. I think it looks cool so I thought I'd post it for others to enjoy. There are two versions:

Version 1:
1. Download and move to the system/media partition and overwrite your existing bootanimation.zip

Version 2:
1. This is a flashable zip using edify script so it will work in clockwork 3.0+

If you like it give me a thanks. If not speak your mind. I'm trying to be a more constructive member of this society hehe.

boot_00038.png

Attachments

• bootanimation.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 2,962
  • Nexus_S_Flashable_Boot.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,494
Last edited:

vayman

Jun 8, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
Awesome job Vinny, looks great! I used the 1st method and it worked like a charm!

Sent you a thanks and linked this in my sig. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: rixter1972

rubyknight

Sep 19, 2010
Sevierville TN
Love it :D Used the second method and it worked perfectly. Would love to see a few more of these 3.0.0.5 boot screens, especially that dancing android one. I'm a nooby to these forums but I've been stalking all this gingerbread stuff since its first release and have been looking for some bootscreens on here for it. Much appreciated.

user7618

Jul 26, 2010
Indianapolis
I logged in just to mash that thanks button because I hate it when over 1000 people download something you post and you score 7 thanks.

-----
Sent from my CDMA Hero. I got some hot Froyo-on-Hero action here!

Reactions: lol Qaeda

vinnypel2ella

Jul 18, 2010
Pittsburgh
i really appreciate it guys, and rubyknight, i took the time to learn edify so(and this goes for anyone else), if you'd like anything formated to edify send me a message. id be more than happy to do it for ya! vayman that is awesome man i really appreciate u linkin it.

Last edited:

vayman

Jun 8, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
i really appreciate it guys, and rubyknight, i took the time to learn edify so(and this goes for anyone else), if you'd like anything formated to edify send me a message. id be more than happy to do it for ya! vayman that is awesome man i really appreciate u linkin it.

No problem man, I always like to promote good work! ;)

Sent from my Super Hero w/ some sweet Gingerbread!

<Spartan>

Oct 19, 2010
I really want to try it but is it easily reversible? (I would use the flashing method)

Sent from my HTC Hero CDMA using XDA App

user7618

Jul 26, 2010
Indianapolis
;11337241 said:
I really want to try it but is it easily reversible? (I would use the flashing method)

Sure, if you have another boot animation. Use a file manager to go to system/media, make a copy of the boot animation there and move it someplace else. Then just move the new one into system/media. It will ask if you want to over write, say yes, and reboot. Then, to go back, just move the copy you made back to system/media. Cake and pie. :)

If you have problems, gimmie a shout, and I can walk you through it.

-----

vinnypel2ella

Jul 18, 2010
Pittsburgh
Good to hear it. Anyone have any requests for anything, ill give it my best shot to help ya. Im bored most of the day so it would help take up some time LOL.

rubyknight

Sep 19, 2010
Sevierville TN
I like that dancing android bootscreen in one of those froyo threads. I'm on my phone right now so I might find it later when I get home.

ES File Manager wont let me mess with the default boot screen for some reason so I very much appreciate your flashable one.

vinnypel2ella

Jul 18, 2010
Pittsburgh
I like that dancing android bootscreen in one of those froyo threads. I'm on my phone right now so I might find it later when I get home.

ES File Manager wont let me mess with the default boot screen for some reason so I very much appreciate your flashable one.

hey ill def do that for ya. i dunno which one your talking about (not the screaming droid right?). grab me a link an ill do it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the boot animation taken directly from the Nexus S, I installed root explorer and sent the animation to my phone. No resizing was needed as it looks awesome without it, plus I tried to resize it and it looked funny. I think it looks cool so I thought I'd post it for others to enjoy. There are two versions:

Version 1:
    1. Download and move to the system/media partition and overwrite your existing bootanimation.zip

Version 2:
    1. This is a flashable zip using edify script so it will work in clockwork 3.0+

If you like it give me a thanks. If not speak your mind. I'm trying to be a more constructive member of this society hehe.

boot_00038.png
    Awesome job Vinny, looks great! I used the 1st method and it worked like a charm!

Sent you a thanks and linked this in my sig. ;)
    I logged in just to mash that thanks button because I hate it when over 1000 people download something you post and you score 7 thanks.

-----
    Root Explorer will not allow me to paste in the new bootanimation, telling me it's read-only. (CM7 2/16)

You have to mount /system as r/w. Just click the button at the top of the screen, then it'll let you do it. ;)

Sent from my Super Hero w/ some sweet Gingerbread!
    Yes that's what I usually do. Use 7zip to open the rom as an archive and drop the bootanimation.zip into system/media. The only thing tho is I believe you hafta resign the ROM. Atleast I do when I do this.