Nexus silicone case/skin

Search This thread

robotnoize

Mar 17, 2010
IE
I was just wondering if anyone knows where I can get one that's nice and thin. Got the one they had a T-Mobile and it adds so much thickness! !!! Leme know! Thanks

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

stumo5

Jan 19, 2010
Yeah thanks for that, I've been wanting something exactly like this too.

I have the otterbox commuter, and it is too bulky, coupled with the smooth hard plastic shell it makes the phone hard to hold on to. Trouble is, I believe you need the extra hard plastic shell, so that the silicone protection at the edges of the screen don't easily pull away, like it does with just a bare silicon case.

Hopefully this one is better, will see when it arrives, I'm so sick of trying to find the perfect case for me.

sl8125

Mar 30, 2006
how about boxwave or casemate? anyone use there stuff? i like the boxwave silicone gel cover. fixing to order that one. I have the bse on it now but i like a little bit more protection, if you know what i mean. i like the ultra feather plastic case though. i don't know how much protection it will give but it looks simple and clean.

stumo5

Jan 19, 2010
Ok well I got this Incipio silicylic hybrid case today, and I'm not that impressed.

It looks nice, and does give the extra support for the silicone down each side of the screen I was looking for. But they've totally cocked up the bottom of the case...

There is no real protection between the trackball and the USB port. The hard plastic is totally cut away there to the back of the phone, leaving a flimsy flap of silicone horizontally between the ball and port. Also the plastic and silicon is cut away right out past the dock port pins, leaving the phone body exposed to a straight down drop on its arse end due to this gaping cutout.

The plastic shell also has very sharp edges at that massive gaping cutout at the bottom too, so it needs dremmeling right out of the box.

If only they'r run a strip of plastic along that edge between trackball and usb port and not just silicone, none of this would be an issue, and it would have been my perfect case. Grrrr.

stumo5

Jan 19, 2010
Do any of these cases allow the use of the desktop or car dock or do they block the pins/are too bulky?
Too bulky, the nexus dock only just fits the bare phone. In saying that, its not that the cases are that bulky (except maybe the otterbox ones), just that that the dock is a bit fussy about who it takes for a ride.

the orange bandit

Apr 6, 2010
Texas
www.rickycadden.com
Ok well I got this Incipio silicylic hybrid case today, and I'm not that impressed.

It looks nice, and does give the extra support for the silicone down each side of the screen I was looking for. But they've totally cocked up the bottom of the case...

There is no real protection between the trackball and the USB port. The hard plastic is totally cut away there to the back of the phone, leaving a flimsy flap of silicone horizontally between the ball and port. Also the plastic and silicon is cut away right out past the dock port pins, leaving the phone body exposed to a straight down drop on its arse end due to this gaping cutout.

The plastic shell also has very sharp edges at that massive gaping cutout at the bottom too, so it needs dremmeling right out of the box.

If only they'r run a strip of plastic along that edge between trackball and usb port and not just silicone, none of this would be an issue, and it would have been my perfect case. Grrrr.

True, but I don't find it that bad, personally. I agree that plastic would have been nice, but since it snaps at the bottom, they would have had to entirely redesign the hard plastic shell.

I *did* have to dremel the headphone port just a bit to fit some of my speakers and headphones - the silicone flap still fits nicely, though, and if you have slender headphones, it probably won't be a problem.