[Nexus5]Lollipop UPDATED OP August 7th!!! [Zip Package] Viper4android

Search This thread

kalvin807

Dec 30, 2011
Anyone here is using PowerAmp on purity rom? It doesn't allow me to disable direct volume control,it said "not supported by ROM". V4A won't work due to this :(

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Primokorn

• Nov 17, 2012
    do i need to keep the app running for it to work?
    You don't need to run V4A manually before using your player.

btw i had a serious problem on PA 4.1 with the Forced Enable option. The Pie bar got stuck and the touch wasnt working anymore. Had to reboot into fastboot directly. :(
    Never used this option... Did u try without it? Did u install V4A into /priv-app folder?

RoyJ

Apr 23, 2012
    Thanks for the heads up man!

---------- Post added at 06:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 AM ----------

Make sure after you update you open V4A, grant root again and install the driver again then reboot. :)

Stupid me didn't at first. :p

FuMMoD

Recognized Contributor
    Mar 11, 2009
    South Florida
    Guys is there anyway to prevent viper4android from uninstalling when dirty flashing my Rom?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

No sorry, some roms do that because of their update scripts.

---------- Post added at 02:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 AM ----------

Noticed with the new update I don't hear the static and popping and beeps anymore. New driver seems to sound better too. Does anyone notice any differences with the update or is it just placebo for me?

Reactions: whytechapel_x

FuMMoD

Recognized Contributor
    Mar 11, 2009
    South Florida
    Yes if your rom supports addon.d scripts, you can use one to backup and restore viper. That's what I do on Omni rom, so I don't need to reinstall after each nightly

Could you provide the details into how to make that? I would love to keep my system apps when I flash Ota for beanstalk. Thanks!

edd247

Aug 18, 2011
    Could you provide the details into how to make that? I would love to keep my system apps when I flash Ota for beanstalk. Thanks!

Sure, here is my script file. You just need to rename the file to 77-keepv4a.sh (couldn't upload sh file here) and copy to /system/addon.d and change permissions to match the others in that folder (rwxr-xr-x). You can edit the script in any text editor if you want to add any other system files to backup

Attachments

• 77-keepv4a.sh.txt
      569 bytes · Views: 43
    Reactions: FuMMoD

FuMMoD

Recognized Contributor
    Mar 11, 2009
    South Florida
    Sure, here is my script file. You just need to rename the file to 77-keepv4a.sh (couldn't upload sh file here) and copy to /system/addon.d and change permissions to match the others in that folder (rwxr-xr-x). You can edit the script in any text editor if you want to add any other system files to backup

I changed the name to match what my apk is named in my priv/apps. Can you tell me if I did it right? Thanks again

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1394520704562.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1394520704562.jpg
      62.6 KB · Views: 361
    • uploadfromtaptalk1394520715037.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1394520715037.jpg
      51.2 KB · Views: 368

ganeshp

Mar 15, 2012
    Hyderabad
    hmm new update? I'm not seeing any new one ..neither in check update nor in viper4android thread ..the current version is 2.3.2.2 is the updated one is of new version ?

got the update :D

Last edited:

FuMMoD

Recognized Contributor
    Mar 11, 2009
    South Florida
    I've updated the zip!!! Just installed and tested running fine on SlimKat.

Enjoy :good:

New patch Idk if you updated it with this.

[Update] V4A FX v2326 (2325 hotfix)

Changes:
    1.Bug fix.
    2.New LPA detection feature.
    3.Improve driver performance.
    4.New profile format.
    5.USB/Dock effect fully supported.
    6.x86(Atom/Core i3/i5/i7) platform fully supported.
    7.True octa-core fully supported.
    8.Improve audio quality for super audio quality driver.
    9.New navigation drawer ui mode.
    10.Fix dynamic system.
    11.A lot of improvements.
    12.Fix profile load and save issue (2.3.2.5).
    13.New app icon, great thanks to YanYangFeiXue.

tcat007

Jul 3, 2011
    Austin, TX
    I've updated the zip!!! Just installed and tested running fine on SlimKat.

Enjoy :good:

Updated with this zip. Must uninstall driver and old system app first. I flashed this and showed .2 version. Uninstalled everything then flashed and all works great. Presets still there and work. Actually asks if profile is for headset or speaker which it hadn't before. Thanks!

AndrasLOHF

Jan 7, 2013
    New patch Idk if you updated it with this.

Yeah it's 2.3.2.6. The changelog when first opening the app will show that same information.

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

Updated with this zip. Must uninstall driver and old system app first. I flashed this and showed .2 version. Uninstalled everything then flashed and all works great. Presets still there and work. Actually asks if profile is for headset or speaker which it hadn't before. Thanks!

Yes. If coming from a previous version it's best if both drivers and apk are uninstalled and complete a reboot first. Then go into recovery and flash.

Reactions: FuMMoD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Attached are the latest updated zips.

FAQ:

How do I install Viper???

Go into recovery and flash the zip. It will take care of most of the steps for you. Upon your first launch of the app you will be prompted to install drivers of your choosing then be prompted for a reboot. If coming from a previous version of Viper or you have any other sound mods I fully recommend uninstalling them. Then go into recovery and flash your ROM and the zip in one session.

Well what drivers do I use???

I recommend Super Audio quality. It uses a higher sampling rate which can be thought of as like a megapixel on a camera. More sample information equals cleaner signal but your files must be equal to or better than the driver sampling rate. I find the highs to be much cleaner and have less distortion with Super Audio. While the prompt warns about extra battery usage, testing with Better Battery Stats for me has shown the effect on battery life to be minimal. You will get higher drain using the Convolver then by choosing a higher quality driver.

Well what is Convolver and how do I use it???

Convolver will play a real time sample of an effect or eq as the sound is being processed. You can get really awesome effects from some of the irs samples but they come at a high price of battery usage. Using this setting doubled battery life usage for me on even conservative kernel governors. To enable you must go to the menu and enable Moderate or Expert UI, then press the button to enable Convolver and press Impulse Response, this will create a ViPER4Android folder on your SD card and within that you will have a folder named Kernel. This is where you will put your Irs Samples you download. You can find links to Irs packs here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2216193 PS......I've found that not all samples in all the packs work correctly and some will give no sound change.

HAAAAALP! This stoopit mod is killing my battery!!!

No it isn't. Unless you're using Convolver after being warned about it's effect on battery you should see little to no difference in daily use of getting notifications, texts, etc. I get about 6% an hour battery usage during music playback while streaming over bluetooth. If you're using a wired headset it should be less than that. I have never not even once seen Viper pop up on my stock battery stats and have only seen it as <1% on GSam after a full charge. Compatibility mode can be used as a last resort and final option if you're determined to call me a liar. Steps to enable it are outlined below.

This hack is ballz...I know wantz no mo???

To completely remove the changes done by my install zips you will need to do a manual wipe of system/davlik/cache to get rid of everything and then reflash ROM/Gapps/Mods. Reflashing your ROM without a manual wipe will not remove anything do to the addon.d scripts added so the zip will survive dirty flashes.

Why put the app in priv-app???

This will help to insure that Viper doesn't get killed by Android OOM to keep the sweet sound pumping into your ears!!!

My Viper isn't working!!!

Did you install by flashing the zip??? Is your apk in priv-app??? Do you have any other conflicting sound mods or eq's??? Is Viper enabled and you have installed the drivers and done a reboot??? Have you put SELinux into permissive mode???

Some people have luck adding or changing these lines in their build.prop:
      ##Viper4android

lpa.decode=false
      tunnel.decode=false
      lpa.use-stagefright=false
      lpa.releaselock=false

Also some music players work better by switching to Compatibility Mode. To do that go to menu, click FX Compatible Mode, then click Compatible. Doing this should cause Viper to only modify media players instead of changing sound system wide. Some users say this helps with battery usage as Viper will only process sound when you want it to.

Still stuck? There is tons of helpful information in this thread that you can find by helping yourself click that "Search this thread" function towards the top right of your screen. Still stuck after that....ask away!

Wanted to say thanks to @rootSU and @FlyinGrub for lending a helping hand, @FuMMoD for posting updates to the Viper apk and libs, @davwman for getting this thread started, @Hid3rs for the Material Design framework, @chdloc for the awesome Stereo mix, @Spasticdroid for the audio_policy editing script, @Alex240188 for the material design Viper 2.3.4.0 apk, @//.dax for the sweet new icon. And of course the awesome Viper team for creating Viper. I refuse to run my phone without it!

Here is a link to the official thread for more information: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2191223

!!!!!!LOLLIPOP USERS!!!!!!!! You NO LONGER need a full permissive kernel to get Viper working as long as you use SuperSU. To test your kernel open Google Play Music and play a track. If you get a "couldn't play stream requested message" you need to download this app http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2524485] and set it to PERMISSIVE mode, find yourself a full permisssive kernel, or switch to SuperSU. Enjoy!!!!

P.S.:
      LolliViPER.zip will install Viper to priv-app and remove Audio FX, DSP Manager, and Music FX. It will also edit the audio_policy.conf for added app compatibility and add a script to allow Viper to work with SELinux enforcing with SuperSU. ***BONUS for ROMs with addon.d support-the zip will place a script into addon.d that will automatically backup and restore everything changed by the zip on dirty flashes eliminating the need to flash every update so long as you do not do a manual system wipe.***

LolliViPERsurROUND.zip will install Viper to priv-app and remove Audio FX, DSP Manager, and Music FX, and change the mixer path to enable the earpiece as a second speaker for stereo sound. It will also edit the audio_policy.conf for added app compatibility and add a script to allow Viper to work with SELinux enforcing with SuperSU. ***BONUS for ROMs with addon.d support-the zip will place a script into addon.d that will automatically backup and restore everything changed by the zip on dirty flashes eliminating the need to flash every update so long as you do not do a manual system wipe.*** !!!!!THIS MAY CAUSE BOOTLOOPS ON DEVICES OTHER THAN THE NEXUS 5!!!!!

5.1.x stock ROM users may need to remove system apps for the install to work. Google filled the system partition to the brim with little to no room left for installation.

The apk in all these zips use the Material Design Framework and may not install on devices lower than 5.0.
      New ZIPs!!!

Well after going stock unrooted for 2 weeks I could not take the sound anymore. Especially in my SUV as no eq could get rid of distortion on cymbals on my stereo. Back to modding I come!!! I read through a bunch of pages and saw that people were reporting success with the zips that @mixtapes08 were providing. So I went ahead and merged all of his posted zips and my own zip into one. Also many ROMs are now incorporating AudioFX into their builds so lets get rid of that!

This new test zip will install viper to priv-app, install extra libs and add lines to the build.prop to try to help with compatability, and remove AudioFX, MusicFX, and DSP Manager.

BONUS!!! I'm also including a test zip that will make all of the above changes as well as use the surround sound mod mixer paths to play audio from the earpiece to create an awesome audio experience from the device. Use this one at your own risk as it boosts volume coming from the device considerably. P.S. some ringtones/alarms/notification sounds will distort as the sound source files are of a low quality.

EXTRA!!!! I'm also including a third zip that will install apk/libs/build.prop line, delete other eq's, and add stereo sound to the earpiece speaker. Use this video to test. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1bv42kHmqA I personally prefer this one over the surround zip.

Test/report and let me know how well these work for you guys.

DISCLAIMER: Do not flash the stereo or surround zip on anything other than a Nexus 5 as you will more than likely wind up in a bootloop. Mixer paths are device specific.

Cheers!!!
      Here's a zip with the updated app (2.3.4.0). This zip contains the libs, build.prop tweaks, etc.

I included @//.dax 's icon and made some changes so it will use Material Design like in the previous version.
      I also tweaked the equalizers color, so it looks less bad. I could have removed the grid lines so it would look cleaner, but those lines are actually helpful, so I left them there.

Note: this new version tends to hang when you try to install the drivers. Don't freak out if it freezes, you should just keep trying (force close the app if needed), they will install eventually. I tested this zip on a clean ROM install, so I can confirm it works.
      How did you intall it?
      And is your spotify premium?

uninstall first your current viper4android and Just flash this 3 zips and download selinux mode changer and change it to permissive.
      no need to disable nuplayer and switching to compatibility mode.

Edit. If you have any equalizer installed on your system like musicfx.apk, dspmanager.apk might as well delete it also.

This method works on every music application I used. Eg. Spotify premium, google play music, viral pro, tunein radio pro etc.
      Test Zips!!!

Here are two test zips. These zips will do everything outlined in the OP as well as allow users to run Viper without having to change SELinux to permissive so long as you are using SuperSU and NOT Superuser.

:highfive:Give me a heads up on how these work for you guys. :highfive:
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone