Nexus6☆Shamu☆7./8.x.x|| Ground Zero ROMs || Validus - GZOSP || Official

Search This thread

githyanki

Mar 11, 2009
Edmonton
I am having an issue with notification sounds from WhatsApp not coming through. I get the message, see the expected pop up, or ambient display comes on, but no sound. Been driving me crazy the last few days trying to figure out what's going on.
I have reset the app data and tried reinstalling. No changes.
Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• Log_2018-02-22_22-32-33.txt
    11.9 KB · Views: 11

githyanki

Mar 11, 2009
Edmonton
I am having an issue with notification sounds from WhatsApp not coming through. I get the message, see the expected pop up, or ambient display comes on, but no sound. Been driving me crazy the last few days trying to figure out what's going on.
I have reset the app data and tried reinstalling. No changes.
Thanks for any help.
I found the problem to be the setting in Wolvesden, notifications, smart notification sounds. Anything other than app default would block all notification sounds from WhatsApp (possibly other apps). Don't know why, but at least it's working again for me :victory:

Reactions: genti.b
D

Darth

I'm a noob, born again noob, been awhile since I played with my phone. So, please, if you want to flame me, just know that I will laugh and mock your hatred. :cyclops:

I would like to try this fine Rom, cause I know the team does top notch work, but I'm curious if I need to do anything special coming from the outdated 6.0.1 that I'm on now? Like I said, I'm pretty rusty, so treat me kind. ;)

Appreciate any words of wisdom!

P.S. No, I didn't read anything, cause reading is hard. :silly:

nodeofollie

Jun 20, 2017
I'm a noob, born again noob, been awhile since I played with my phone. So, please, if you want to flame me, just know that I will laugh and mock your hatred. :cyclops:

I would like to try this fine Rom, cause I know the team does top notch work, but I'm curious if I need to do anything special coming from the outdated 6.0.1 that I'm on now? Like I said, I'm pretty rusty, so treat me kind. ;)

#ilikeyourstyle. Do you know hashtag bro?

Char_G

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 9, 2013
Missouri

It's good to see you!! ? Update your bootloader,radio & TWRP to the latest, wipe system, data and caches, flash ROM, gapps and root choice, profit ?

Reactions: pinkfloyd3
D

Darth

It's good to see you!! Update your bootloader,radio & TWRP to the latest, wipe system, data and caches, flash ROM, gapps and root choice, profit

Ah, bootloader! I remember that from my N5 days! Awesome! I'll try to do those things and not melt my phone! :eek:

And HI Char! Good to see you too! I see your name turned green! Congrats! :D You deserve it!

Thanks so much for the info! I guess I'll need to read stuff and do things now. :silly:

Jeffro64

Feb 6, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas
Ah, bootloader! I remember that from my N5 days! Awesome! I'll try to do those things and not melt my phone! :eek:

And HI Char! Good to see you too! I see your name turned green! Congrats! :D You deserve it!

Thanks so much for the info! I guess I'll need to read stuff and do things now. :silly:

I've been away the last 4 years myself so same boat LOL. All I did was flash the latest TWRP, Newest Factory build and then wiped and installed this ROM. I did only flash to my old phone with cracked screen that doesn't have a sim, so not sure as far as network goes. But everything else is running great as far as I can tell...So may put it on my every day phone and see how it goes.

droidxxxxx

Oct 2, 2012
Pensacola
Moto G Stylus 5G
In validus 8.1, is there any way to make lock screen rotate? This is running amazing.. Very snappy, looks and feels fantastic. Not encountering any FC's..I am noticing bug though.. Can't seem to choose a custom ring.. Will try Zedge now. Stock plays the sound really stuttery, won't let me select a different sounds. Thanks for the awesome fantastic rom!!!

Last edited:

Volidon

Dec 14, 2013
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 7 Pro

Thank you! I've tried searching but didn't find anything about these. 1. Would it be possible to add a restart quick tile in the quick settings? in my use case it's a bit more convenient and i'm trying to avoid using the power button as much as possible 2. I've noticed that stock kernel doesn't have an option to disable vibrate; is that something that can be added in a future build? Seeing if I should start looking for 3rd party kernels that have that option or wait a bit :).

Top Liked Posts