NFC cards/tags

Search This thread

truthlesshero

Apr 28, 2010
So..since this isn"t really mobile relatd...but xda is full of insanely smart people regarding technology...so i figure this is a good point of reference

there is a non profit organization that i do a bit of light tech stuff for..and they have asked me if they can set up a sort of nfc card system

so what they want to do is have their 30-40-ish employees all have nfc cards (either actual cards or little keypass things like exxon fastpay thing) and store credits on it (like they would pay for 30 credits)...and then scan it somewhere and it would subtract one credit (one of the things they would use it for is they would purchase a credit for one meal...so when they get their meal, instead of paying at the cashier, they swipe/scan their card on something and it would take away one credit...

how would i go about it? are there somewhat cost efficient (not looking to spend thousands...) ways of doing this?

with my galaxy nexus, i saw for pre 4.0.3 roms, you can have a little device to program nfc tags..so i am assuming there is something similar to program nfc cards with just software and a computer...or can we even just program with nfc tasker?

all help is appreciated....thanks...

jaszek

Dec 30, 2008
Brooklyn
jaszekphoto.com
I have no clue how you would go about doing that, but I just came up with an awesome idea. I might get 'something' with an NFC chip in it, and when someone asks for a card from me, they just scan that something with their phone and it shows up on their phone...kind of like QR codes. But first the NFC technology has to catch up.

truthlesshero

Apr 28, 2010
i'm pretty sure there is stuff you can do that with..i know of business cards that you can just scan via nfc and the information is sent away...so...that must be similar?

As far as my situation goes...i'll look around. I found a scanner on amazon that scans nfc cards...i guess it's a matter of finding if i can program it..

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone