NFSFAN's 1.0 WM6.5 ROM observations

Search This thread

dfc849

Jun 24, 2008
Ottawa, IL
I am going to first start off by saying that I'm not a big fan of change and haven't found myself a reason to upgrade to 6.5.1+ yet. So bear with me, as I'm still using 21864 on NFSFAN's 1.0 ROM. I have noticed various things with this ROM build, was wondering if anyone had also noticed them, or even found a solution for them.

The first thing I noticed with it is that if I have a data connection open, it is always 'active' - the arrows never turn gray. I've seen this happen in BOTH of NFSFAN's dialers.

I would assume this problem has to do with the first-- My data connection is interrupted after some time, and I get the "Cannot Connect" error. I have MS Direct Push (Exchange/Activesync) turned on. A simple soft-reset will temporarily fix this, but it seems to happen about twice a day.

Of course next, the alarms don't sound but I'm not worried about this since it's a well-known problem.

The last thing I noticed is that sometimes my D-Pad stops functioning in the software, and touch-scrolling lags. This only happens sometimes and doesn't bother me. I first noticed this when I had Palringo installed, but it also has been doing it after 3-4 hard resets.

EDIT: This is by far the best 6.5 ROM for the Vogue that I have personally used. I also realize that NFSFAN has stopped development with this ROM series.

Last edited:

ss0mohit

Oct 16, 2009
i don't think nfsfan has stopped developing them... i just think he has no time. (he's a full time uni student) and this is his hobby

i personally use vin's rom... and i was always able to have a data connection stop.
if you want to manually configure when to have data install this link here...l

slow88lx

Apr 18, 2009
Galaxy S4
I was a long time NFSFAN user and will no doubt flash his next ROM, but right now I am running Vin's 23506 ROM and it is simply the best ROM I have flashed. It is very fast and I never have to soft reset, like ever.

vin255764

Dec 24, 2008
Seattle,WA
I was a long time NFSFAN user and will no doubt flash his next ROM, but right now I am running Vin's 23506 ROM and it is simply the best ROM I have flashed. It is very fast and I never have to soft reset, like ever.

+1 on that.His TP ROMs also the best.This guy is a living ppc.Vogue and TP users got lucky :)

Last edited:

WarRaven

May 13, 2007
I used to use NFSFans, then i switched to Vins.

Couldn't be happier now with Vins, their stable, fast an usually liveable which is the big part, no way could go back to vanilla 6.1.

I agree NFSfans were good, but felt it up an down, where as following Vins till his kitchen crashed has been steady and in touch with his followers.

So, yeah theres little twitches an glitches, lot less then stock WM had so its a win-win, and i found the best continuity on Vins roms for my three vogues.

Sorry o/t an not knocking anyone, just credit where due.

Peace

WR

Irishpride

Dec 15, 2009
Emerald City
I have used both of these ROMs and finally decided on Vins(no offense to NFSfan, he is a genius), but the stability and look of Vins V_4 is simply amazing.

I'm pretty new to flashing ROMs, but I'm officially addicted and will for sure try anything that either put out.

Keep up the great work

dfc849

Jun 24, 2008
Ottawa, IL
Thanks for the feedback, guys! I think I do remember trying one of vins older ROMs but I'll catch the latest and try that.