[NIGHTLIES] CyanogenMod 12 for One Mini 2

Search This thread

Shro

Feb 2, 2015
Hastings
Was the rest of the viper4android installation succesful? I'm waiting to upgrade to lollipop since this is the most used feature of my phone.

Yes but it appears that it doesn't work for certain players. My girlfriend us a huge fan of spotify which viper doesn't seem to support, stock player and various others do work. Make sure you follow proper v4alollipop instructions here on xda.

Reactions: vixducis

GPaul

Feb 7, 2013
Bucharest
Multiuser

I found a way to enable User menu in the settings and now we can add other users too or use the Guest mode.
You can enable it by adding these lines to your build.prop file (system/bulid.prop):

Code:
fw.max_users=3
fw.show_multiuserui=1

(I think it is only working on CM12)
After you add those 2 lines, save the file and reboot your phone.
Enjoy!

Last edited:

mlhamdi

Sep 19, 2013
Hi,

great work. I'm using CM 12 since yesterday.

I notice some lags with the camera app or others also. Did you think that i have to flash a specific boot or recovery ?

Thanks.

Txjacob

May 22, 2013
Verizon Variant? (One Remix)

Is there anyway to get this working on the HTC One Remix (the Verizon Variant of the One Mini 2)?

u-ra

Dec 7, 2010
I found a way to enable User menu in the settings and now we can add other users too or use the Guest mode.
You can enable it by adding these lines to your build.prop file (system/bulid.prop):

Code:
fw.max_users=3
fw.show_multiuserui=1

Enjoy!

Does multiuser work ok for people? I didn't enable it by default because we're pretty short on memory.

corbeau56

Mar 13, 2014
I suppose it's due to 5.1 release. Perhaps one device specific module is missing, and as u-ra seems to be the only developer for memul, we have to be patient.

u-ra

Dec 7, 2010
I suppose it's due to 5.1 release. Perhaps one device specific module is missing, and as u-ra seems to be the only developer for memul, we have to be patient.

Actually, it's because I don't have the phone anymore. Sorry folks, but unless someone else comes along there won't be further work on memul.

Reactions: GPaul

corbeau56

Mar 13, 2014
Actually, it's because I don't have the phone anymore. Sorry folks, but unless someone else comes along there won't be further work on memul.
That's bad news, I should have stayed with my 'ville' device then. It is more than three years old and there is a huge community of developpers.

Nevertheless, thank you u-ra for all the work you did on memul.

Dec 7, 2011
Allentown, Pa
headache

Hey guys so I just flashed CM12 on my HTC ONE MINI 2 and everything works but the data network, i'm already 10 hours in front the pc, had multiple issues all else was resolved but i still can't figure this thing out, why no data network?
I dug online and found a PATCH here but i'm not sure how to apply it, and an I on the right pat at all ...

Little bout my issues ...

So its my friends phone, I'm currently a proud OPO owner, however my friend saw my CM12 and asked if his HTC ONE Mini 2 can run a better OS like mine, so I told him I would check and found this thread.
Unlocked bootloader, did not S-oFF, rooted and all else, flashed this rom and no network, then i thought i would try another ROM and flashed CM11 which also did not have data network,then i thought that the problem is the phone not being completely unlocked (s-off), i tried sunshine under CM11 but it did not work it gave me an error that it could not be installed because my version was not stock and then somehow I managed to soft brick the phone, so i had to flash stock ROM, and that's when my headaches began, i had no SD card reader to read the mini SD card, the sideload in the TWRP recovery was crashing and there was no way to transfer the ROM on the SD card because the phone was soft bricked, after messing with fastboot, and adb for few hours (with no luck) I remembered that I had a NVIDIA shield tablet which has a mini SD slot, so I did finally manage to copy the stock rom and flash it, stock rom works no problem has data network and all, I did backup under TWRP and I just flashed CM12 again and AGAIN there is no data network. Please if some one can help, please please please DO! thanks!

snorglamp

Mar 27, 2012
Issues with Nightly Available as at 28/4/2015

Hi guys,

I have posted on CM12 for this device in a few places. Just wanted to confirm that as at my last update the camera was much better than in was in previous versions or the release channel version of CyanogenMod.
However I still get issues with not being able to hear people when I call them, particularly the first time I call them after I restart the phone. Calling them back usually fixes this.
Also still having issues with media just going silent from time to time, e.g. listening to music in apollo (but still playing and timer going etc). The only fix i know for this is to pause, remove headphones, press play so it plays out the speaker (embarrassing on the train when I am listening to cheese-step), then plug the headphones back in. Seems to reset it to playing out the headphones. Its a weird one but at least it can be worked around.

Just saw the post by u-ra saying there will be no more builds coming...thanks so much for all your hard work and particularly for your specific assistance to me at times. Sincerely appreciated.

vixducis

Sep 27, 2010
So, how is performance on the last nightly? I read about slow camera on that one, but I don't really care for that.

How much time do you have to put in to release CM builds for these phones? Is it just building them or is there any device specific actual development involved?

snorglamp

Mar 27, 2012
So, how is performance on the last nightly? I read about slow camera on that one, but I don't really care for that.

How much time do you have to put in to release CM builds for these phones? Is it just building them or is there any device specific actual development involved?

Heaps of device specific work to be done which is why we are all sad that u-ra is no longer working on it, because there isnt anyone else working on it, and the likes of us (certainly me) dont have the know-how to fix the remaining issues ourselves. I think you pretty much have to be in the android development space professionally (or at least as a serious hobby) in order to take on this work.

I mentioned all the issues with the latest nightly i could identify in my last post: camera issues, media randomly stops playing through headphone jack (workaround available), and sometimes when you call people they can hear you, but you cant hear there (just keep calling them back until resolved). Sometimes it doesnt recognise a headset is plugged in during calls either (cyanogen doesnt have an icon to show when a headset is being used, which makes this challenging).

Otherwise it works great, and even with the issues is still better than stock rom in my opinion.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

These are the nightly builds of CM12.0 for the HTC One Mini 2.

To hear about the latest updates and changes to CyanogenMod as a whole, you can follow +CyanogenMod on Google+!
    You can also follow me if you want.

Code:
    #include <stddisclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Installation Instructions
    1. You must unlock your bootloader or be S-OFF.
    2. You must have a custom recovery installed.
    3. Download the current HTC One Mini 2 build from the CyanogenMod site.
    4. Locate Gapps.
    5. Fully wipe your device from Recovery if you are not coming from CM11.0 already.
    6. Reboot into recovery and install.

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 12 for One Mini 2, ROM for the HTC One Mini 2

Contributors
    u-ra
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2015-01-30
    Last Updated 2015-01-30
    Hi there, I've made a clean CM12.1 build for One Mini 2 and decided to share it here : cm-12.1-20150627-UNOFFICIAL-memul.zip
    New fix for inaudible calls

Hi Guys,

I recently discovered a new workaround for when you cant hear anything when you call someone...hit speakerphone and then un-speakerphone, the call should be audible. Unfortunately there is no similar button for media players, but pulling the headphones out seems to do the same thing.

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

Doesnt look like anyone else is picking up development for this device, seems like its dead and there is no fully working cyanogenmod 11 or 12 for the device. I bought this device specifically because there were stable M channel releases (which turned out not to be working), so might be time for me to buy a different phone for which a working CM is available. Pity, as I think this is the best compact phone on the market right now.
    Screenshots

I hope it is ok if I post some screenshots for others...
    Multiuser

Code:
    fw.max_users=3
    fw.show_multiuserui=1

Enjoy!