[NIGHTLIES][ROM] [11.0.0] ArrowOS POCO X3 [OFFICIAL][SURYA][UNIFIED]

Search This thread

SebixWolf

Apr 4, 2021
With recovery unable to decrypt the device, boot to recovery, adb push the update to /tmp and flash through recovery from there.

Never used or looked at adb sideload. What's the difference?

Wrong firmware, you need V12.0.7.0.RJGEUXM (A11 Europe) for A11 + OSS vendor.
You can tell that to my working phone rightnow with arrow Os April version with magisk and drunk kernel installed. Definitely the last update was broken and let's hope the developer ammend the issue in the next release.

camperbh

Feb 22, 2021
You can tell that to my working phone rightnow with arrow Os April version with magisk and drunk kernel installed. Definitely the last update was broken and let's hope the developer ammend the issue in the next release.
Dude... He just told you what the problem is. If you're just gonna deny it, why ask the question at all? You could have also read like the last 5 pages of this thread before posting.

SebixWolf

Apr 4, 2021
Dude... He just told you what the problem is. If you're just gonna deny it, why ask the question at all? You could have also read like the last 5 pages of this thread before posting.
I am not denying it, I just posted in another thread my findings and this is not incompatibility with the OS, is the update that is not working wifi issues and bootloops when you install it .

And I read the pages of the thread just see that everyone (included myself) who installed the update had bootloops and problems. Now I made a rollback and all is working fine with arrow OS prior 14/5 update.

Master One

Jan 31, 2011
Europe
Not sure what you mean, but you have to have the right combination, so either

ArrowOS 11 20210503 or earlier (has MIUI vendor) with A10 firmware

or

ArrowOS 11 20210510 or later (has OSS vendor) with A11 firmware

Other than not having a custom recovery that can decrypt the device on A11 + OSS vendor, and the firmware issue with the proximity sensor, nothing should be broken.

DamnNear

Mar 15, 2021
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Fingerprint Scanner is slow on OSS version of this ROM, not to mention when the screen is off for some time the first touch on the scanner will fail sometimes requiring another touch to the scanner to turn the screen on.

Second thing i have noticed is the screen artifacts. After rebooting the phone, the first few frames have GPU artifacts, it's a non-issue but i though i should mention it here.

Does you guys have the same issues?

SkaboXD

Jan 18, 2017
Ganja
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
I just tested NFC functionality on latest build by pairing Nokia 808 Pureview & POCO X3 NFC & NFC works for my usage. I touched 2 phones together where NFC chips are located when I was in gallery for some picture on Nokia 808 Pureview & both phones recognized each other. Nokia 808 Pureview turned on Bluetooth & started sending picture.

I don't use NFC to pay so I can't test that.

paradøx

• Apr 16, 2021
    Can anybody tell what the difference between firmware versions for Europe and Global is?
    Out of curiosity I compared the files in EEA V12.0.7.0 with Global V12.0.7.0, all of them are identical, except for alb.elf (151 k) which is written to /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/abl . I know elf is linux executable format, and abl is uefi android bootloader. But why does it change between eu & global versions?

blekr

• Dec 2, 2013
    Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
    Never used or looked at adb sideload. What's the difference?
    It is a command which allows you to send and install .zip files directly from a computer. It saves developers a lot of time since they don't have to be copying files to the phone and then flashing it, they can do it directly from a PC.

It is very useful if you do not have an SD card and you cannot use the internal memory due to a problem or by encryption , as is the case.

I leave you a link so you can expand more information.

Reactions: pnin

ManovSteele

Dec 23, 2014
    Before I attempt to update via adb, can anyone confirm the recently nighties have fixed Google pay issues? It worked fine for me on the April builds but Magiskhide does nothing on 12/04 version.

Master One

Jan 31, 2011
    Europe
    Out of curiosity I compared the files in EEA V12.0.7.0 with Global V12.0.7.0, all of them are identical, except for alb.elf (151 k) which is written to /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/abl . I know elf is linux executable format, and abl is uefi android bootloader. But why does it change between eu & global versions?
    Interesting. Maybe someone reading this knows more about it and can tell?

If the rest is identical, why would they even release different firmware packages?

It is a command which allows you to send and install .zip files directly from a computer. It saves developers a lot of time since they don't have to be copying files to the phone and then flashing it, they can do it directly from a PC.
    Ah, I see, then it would make more sense than using adb push in that case, but does it perform exactly the same way than flashing from custom recovery?

Because flashing from custom recovery executes the backup script included in the ROM package, which then does some important things after the actual ROM update (in my case that's restoring Magisk and Bromite SystemWebView).

paradøx

• Apr 16, 2021
    If the rest is identical, why would they even release different firmware packages?
    I just did the comparison also for V12.0.8.0, QJGEUXM (eu) vs QJGMIXM (global). Differences: abl.elf, certificate (cert.rsa, cert.sf), compatibility.zip, metadata and updater script. So the only changed code is abl.

Last edited:

blekr

• Dec 2, 2013
    Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
    Ah, i see, then it would make more sense than using adb push in that case, but does it perform exactly the same way than flashing from custom recovery?

Because flashing from custom recovery executes the backup script included in the ROM package, which then does some important things after the actual ROM update (in my case that's restoring Magisk and Bromite SystemWebView).
    I don't use backups. But if it helps you, i used the recovery provided on the pixel experience page as it is the only official one for our device. And with it I installed ArrowOS MIUI-vendor and OSS with the "adb sideload" command.

As for the experience I had in MIUI-vendor, only the first installation was done with the "adb sideload" command and subsequent installations were through the Arrow OS updater. And what I liked the most was that even though the partition was encrypted, it was the only recovery that installed the updates without asking for the decryption pin, and the updates are installed as if it were a stock recovery, even a message appears it says updating with an animation.

It is worth mentioning that I used the "adb sideload" command just to follow the installation recommendations on the pixel experience page. But if you wish, from the recovery itself, you can search for the ROM .zip in the internal or external memory.

It's an excellent custom recovery, it's simple, it includes exactly what you need, and it's working with "adb sideload".

Last edited:
    Reactions: Master One

Master One

Jan 31, 2011
    Europe
    I don't use backups. But if it helps you, use the recovery provided on the pixel experience page as it is the only official one for our device.
    I didn't mean regular backups done through recovery, but the backup script that comes with ArrowOS and which restores Magisk and whatever else needs restoring after a ROM update (like my solution for Bromite SystemWebView).

Will have a look at the mentioned Pixel Experience recovery, if I find some time, but I really would prefer having a new version of OrangeFox with the needed fix.

PYCON

• Nov 1, 2006
    I can't understand why but every time I reboot into recovery (Orange Fox latest version), my internal storage is encrypted... Folders and files with nonsense names...

I've also flashed disable encryption (from CR Droid topic) but nothing has changed.

Could u help me please?

PS Arrow 2021.05.14 Standard Vanilla.

Zleilndka5

Feb 19, 2021
    I don't use backups. But if it helps you, i used the recovery provided on the pixel experience page as it is the only official one for our device. And with it I installed ArrowOS MIUI-vendor and OSS with the "adb sideload" command.

As for the experience I had in MIUI-vendor, only the first installation was done with the "adb sideload" command and subsequent installations were through the Arrow OS updater. And what I liked the most was that even though the partition was encrypted, it was the only recovery that installed the updates without asking for the decryption pin, and the updates are installed as if it were a stock recovery, even a message appears it says updating with an animation.

It is worth mentioning that I used the "adb sideload" command just to follow the installation recommendations on the pixel experience page. But if you wish, from the recovery itself, you can search for the ROM .zip in the internal or external memory.

It's an excellent custom recovery, it's simple, it includes exactly what you need, and it's working with "adb sideload".
    Good evening! I don't know the PixelExperience Recovery ! Is it compatible with encryption and the OSS Vendor (Firmware V12.0.7.0.RJGEUXM ?) ? I really want to test it, while waiting for something new on OrangeFox.

I am surprised by the information you give :

it was the only recovery that installed the updates without asking for the decryption pin, and the updates are installed as if it were a stock recovery, even a message appears it says updating with an animation.

For me, OrangeFox already offered me this functionality... This is not the case for others? It's strange...

Last edited:

cskarlata

Mar 9, 2015
    Has anyone updated without data formatting? What could happen if I do?

Screenshot_20210517-192144.jpg

Master One

Jan 31, 2011
    Europe
    For me, OrangeFox already offered me this functionality... This is not the case for others? It's strange...
    OrangeFox always asks for the decryption PIN if the device is encrypted and there is no setting to change that. Are you using an unencrypted device?

Has anyone updated without data formatting? What could happen if I do?
    AFAIK that can't work, because you will not be able to decrypt the data partition after the upgrade to A11 + OSS vendor.

Top Liked Posts

Ganesh, since you're here, any information on the TWRP encryption issue after the June 9 build?
      I'm yet in the process of figuring it out. I'm completely caught off-guard by this weird issue all of a sudden as there has been literally no changes been made to the device sources nor the rom source so at this point i'm not sure what's even causing it. I've also decompiled the twrp and went through its contents but everything looks fine and dandy in there.

For now i would suggest to make use of Arrow recovery to meet the needs of OTA updates etc.
      Diverse, gentlemen and ladies! I hope you don't mind if I addressed you in alphabetical order as governed in my countriy.

I've cleaned this thread as far as I wanted to go back during times I don't want to do ... (please fell int) while I appreciate to watch the UEFA European Chanpionships.

I've clean this this thread for a few days back. Please don't hesitate to contact me if I didn't proceed to earlier posts. I'm surprised that quite a few of XDA members that are recognised and know our XDA rules certainly well had the feeling to either references social media where it's certainly not due or to provide political statements. Especially, regardin politics I've personally certainly my own stance. Please keep your stance within your election fights in your country and don't bother the XDA community.
      I also suggest to urgently review our policy who has the privilege to provide links to locial media - and who hasn't!
      Don't hesitate to contact me in case of any question! And to those, whose ports I've deleted or edited, please refrain from future violations of the rules but as said just shoot my a PM.
      I'm monitoring this thread now. If I recognise any further rule violationI reserve the right to directly infract any involved account. I assume those members, whose posts I'e deleted or edited, are aware. Please contact me in case of any questions.

AND FINALLY: Please continue to contribute to the development thread in accorsance wirh our rules (now in my words:
      If you have bugs, report them to the dev with logs etc. and contribute to make the rom bug-free.
      If you don't want to contribute, use it as it is and say at least thanks to the dev who provided his work freely here on XDA and if he decides to stop the project, just accept it:)

The dev owes you absolutely nothing and you're not his customer cause you did not pay him. Feel free to develop your own rom if you wish.)

Stay safe and stay healthy!
      Regards
      Oswald Boelcke
      I have tried Migrate since my phone was rooted but had issues restoring the backup. The phone got into a bootloop, so I have been forced to set everything back up from scratch again
      Not good! I haven't tried Migrate yet, it was just presented to me as an option for the task at hands, so either someone comes up with a success story, or I will have to just try all three backup methods and find out for myself if any of these is going to work.

Just now, I installed TWRP 3.5.2_10-2 (Brigudav) on my Poco X3 NFC ... then I flashed "Disable_DM-Verity_ForceEncrypt" ... and I have no issues with the TWRP reading files unencrypted.
      Why would TWRP (any version, same as any version of OrangeFox) have any issues if you have an unencypted device???

This whole story is about decrypting the device from recovery if your device is encrypted.

And yes, it is a very bad idea and NOT recommended at all to use an unencrypted device, because as said before, if you lose your phone and you have any sensitive or personal data on it, you are done!

If you have unencrypted your device because someone told you that this is the solution for the current problems with device decryption on A11 + OSS vendor, you have been given extremely bad advice!
      Hello everyone,

I saw that brigudav updated his TWRP version to 3.5.2_10-2.
      https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=14943124697586337627
      Did anyone try it yet? Does decryption with OSS builds work? (I don't have the time to experiment with the new OSS builds atm)
      After testing, I can affirm that TWRP 3.5.2_10-2 by brigudav cannot decrypt the data encrypted with Android 11 + OSS vendor.
      Guys, all what's been written in the recent couple of pages is totally excessive, why not just wait for an update of OrangeFox / TWRP that can deal with the device decryption on A11 + OSS vendor, before upgrading from A11 + MIUI vendor?

ArrowOS 11 VANILLA 20210503 is working fine here and I have absolutely no interest and time for any hassle, as has been shown in the numerous posts from the last two weeks.
      Can you tell more about it?

Can it decrypt the the data partition with A11+OSS vendor?

Is this what the Changelog entries from 2021-05-13 concerning android_bootable_recovery were all about?
      Like i said the Arrow recovery is only intended for OTA updates with no extra features. You won't be able to access internal data as its posed as a security risk.
      I just installed this ROM, but my wifi does not work. Any suggestions?
      I have answered and added a few FAQ's to the original post. Those who are still having difficulties switching to OSS builds have to check them out.

As for the NFC issues they have addressed in the latest builds.
      No news about updates to OrangeFox and TWRP yet, hopefully this issue is being worked on.

I think this would be the patch for TWRP: https://gerrit.twrp.me/c/android_bootable_recovery/+/3570

I would try it, but I am currently struggling to build a working android-11 TWRP.
      logo.png

ArrowOS

ABOUT
      ArrowOS
      is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
      Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
      Code Review: review.arrowos.net
      E-mail: arrowos.contact
      PayPal: Donate to us
      Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
      • Almost everything

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
      • You tell me
      Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOADS
      POCO X3 (NFC) (surya/karna)

Note: These are enforcing builds. Safety net checks pass out of the box! No need to flash magisk modules, which might in turn break the integrity!

Builds have been unified now under surya codename for both NFC and non-NFC variants

Tip: Select OEM -> Device,choose Arrow version, choose build type: "GAPPS" or "VANILLA" to download.

Latest Instructions for OSS builds (w.e.f 10/05/2021)
      If migrating from pre OSS builds
      • Flash the latest available MIUI 11 firmware. (Region doesn't matter!!)
      • Download and copy arrow build to a OTG prendrive or sd card.
      • Now flash Arrow Vanilla/Gapps build.
      • FORMAT DATA. (You'll loose all your data!)
      • Reboot.
      Fresh install coming from MIUI
      • Flash latest available MIUI 11 if you aren't on it already.
      • Install any suitable recovery (mentioned below).
      • Download and copy arrow build to a OTG prendrive or sd card.
      • Flash latest Arrow Vanilla/Gapps build.
      • Reboot.
      TWRP Recovery by @brigudav :
      Note: This build of twrp will support decryption on ArrowOS OSS builds.

ArrowOS Recovery :
      Note: This is a very basic aosp recovery only intended for OTA installs. Do NOT expect other functionalities.​
      * Do not use with DFE or while unencrypted.​
      F.A.Q :

1. My WiFi, bluetooth and network aren't working after updating to OSS build?
      A. This happens if you're still on the old Q firmware. Flash the latest available R firmware and then follow the above give steps to properly flash the rom.​

2. Unable to update OTA's using TWRP?
      A. The current available recoveries are outdated and are no longer supported for OSS builds. To have a hassle free OTA experience use the above mentioned ArrowOS recovery.
      A. Two of the currently supported recoveries are mentioned above.​

Read our blog article/post about:
      * GAPPS and VANILLA variants
      * Checking build integrity

ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS
      Kernel Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_kernel_xiaomi_surya

XDA:DevDB Information
      ArrowOS, ROM for the Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC

Contributors
      ganesh varma, kubersharma, palaych
      Source Code: https://github.com/ArrowOS

ROM OS Version: Android 11
      ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
      ROM Firmware Required: Latest R firmware
      Based On: AOSP, CAF

Version Information
      Stable
      Stable Release Date: 2020-11-19

Created 2020-11-19
      Last Updated 2021-05-18
      So i haven't been around here for a while, after looking at the recent posts many seem to be confused, blaming and do not understand on migrating to OSS builds. In the final MIUI vendor builds the OTA functionality was blocked in order to prevent users from directly updating to OSS builds as it will be needing a MIUI 11 firmware followed by a clean flash. The same has been notified in our device changelogs. Every step and preventive measures have been taken, there's only much i can do from my side in clearing things up. We have this forum and community in place to help each other out, so lets not be pointing fingers here!

Here again i would like to make it clear with a simple guide on how to migrate onto OSS build!

Note: This update will require a CLEAN FLASH (format data), so please backup everything beforehand.
      • Flash the latest available MIUI 11 firmware. (Region doesn't matter!!)
      • Now flash Arrow Vanilla/Gapps build.
      • Reboot.
      Beware that the current available recoveries haven't been updated yet to support decryption for OSS builds at this point.
      Here are the instructions on how you should flash the new OSS Vendor ROM since most people here are confused:

- Flash latest TWRP by brigudav
      - Flash Android 11 12.0.7 MIUI firmware
      - Reboot recovery
      - Format Data
      - Reboot recovery
      - Flash ArrowOS

OPTIONAL:
      - Flash Magisk
      - Flash Gapps (If you're on Vanilla build & If you want custom gapps)

- Reboot system

Download link:
      - Firmware: https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/firmware/surya/stable/V12.0.7.0.RJGEUXM/
      - TWRP: You can find it on 4pda but you need an account. I'm not allowed to share it, so you have to get it yourself.

This firmware is for NFC model as I'm not sure where is A11 firmware for non-NFC model. It can possibly work for non-NFC model, feel free to try.
      Mission Impossible in all custom ROMs !

1. Safetynet check the bootloader status and will automatically fail if magisk is not installed (Magisk Hide ON must be applied for this) !

2. Furthermore, now you have to install the safetynet-fix module to make your banking apps working !

3. Finally, you must hide Magisk Manager.apk with a random name too (Magisk Settings)
      To everyone, please STOP this misconception about having the need to flash magisk in order to pass safety net. Do read the OP I've clearly mentioned there's no need of a magisk or modules for safety net. Device is certified and passes safety net out of the box without need of any modifications.

By improper usage of magisk and mods you're further complicating and breaking things when they're completely unnecessary which end up causing unrelated issues which you end up calling them rom source bugs ¯\(◉‿◉)/¯

P.S : I'm not against magisk, but when you do prefer using modifications do ask yourself on your needs and if you're able to rectify the issues it might generate. Isolate yourself from magisk or any form of modifications to recheck and confirm the issue before making a bug report.
      Even dev says in dec the 3rd changelog that notification led was implemented, it still doesn't work for me :(
      I'm aware of the notification led issue, its interlinked to an sepolicy denial from vendor which is quite tricky to address it while we're using the prebuilt/stock vendor. For now you can assume it as a trade off for enforcing builds. I'm working on a fix, once we start a full transition towards an OSS vendor these issues will be more convenient to be addressed.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone