[ROM] [11.0.0] ArrowOS POCO X3 [OFFICIAL][SURYA][UNIFIED]

Search This thread

henryvli

Jul 24, 2009
I'm experiencing problem with taking photos

I'm on the latest ArrowOS. Neither GCam nor GCam go works. This issue didn't occur till recently.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210118-074757.png
    Screenshot_20210118-074757.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 55

Yoda007

Apr 8, 2012
Every time i update (via the updater) the phone forgets that i had data enabled on SIM 2. So after reboot data is disabled, and if i enable it it will enable it for SIM 1. Burned a couple tens of MB on a wrong SIM that way :D.

Arzuto

Jan 25, 2016
can i just flash the rom like normally? (wipe data,dalvic,cache, without wiping internal ) from aosp based rom?
or i should go back to miui first and then install?

I'm experiencing problem with taking photos

I'm on the latest ArrowOS. Neither GCam nor GCam go works. This issue didn't occur till recently.
Are you using the latest firmware? Kindly read the main post. Flash the latest firmware for your device. (12.0.7).

Well, I tried F1xy v0.7 on the 17-Jan build.
In less than 24 hrs I had a frozen screen and needed to reboot. I never had this issue with stock kernel of Arrow OS.
Revert to stock boot image and DTBO and flash Stormbreaker.

can i just flash the rom like normally? (wipe data,dalvic,cache, without wiping internal ) from aosp based rom?
or i should go back to miui first and then install?
Yes, but flash the latest firmware + Vendor first before flashing the ROM. Also, formatting /data comes AFTER you have flashed firmware, vendor and ROM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

ArrowOS

ABOUT
    ArrowOS
    is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    • Almost everything

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    • You tell me
    Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOADS
    POCO X3 (NFC) (surya/karna)

Note: These are enforcing builds. Safety net checks pass out of the box! No need to flash magisk modules, which might in turn break the integrity!

Builds have been unified now under surya codename for both NFC and non-NFC variants

Tip: Select OEM -> Device,choose Arrow version, choose build type: "GAPPS" or "VANILLA" to download.

Latest Instructions for OSS builds (w.e.f 10/05/2021)
    If migrating from pre OSS builds
    • Flash the latest available MIUI 11 firmware. (Flash global or any if you can't find your region)
    • Download and copy arrow build to a OTG prendrive or sd card.
    • Now flash Arrow Vanilla/Gapps build.
    • FORMAT DATA. (You'll loose all your data!)
    • Reboot.
    Fresh install coming from MIUI
    • Flash latest available MIUI 11 if you aren't on it already.
    • Install any suitable recovery (mentioned below).
    • Download and copy arrow build to a OTG prendrive or sd card.
    • Flash latest Arrow Vanilla/Gapps build.
    • Reboot.
    TWRP Recovery by @brigudav :
    Note: This build of twrp will support decryption on ArrowOS OSS builds.

ArrowOS Recovery :
    Note: This is a very basic aosp recovery only intended for OTA installs. Do NOT expect other functionalities.​
    * Do not use with DFE or while unencrypted.​
    F.A.Q :

1. My WiFi, bluetooth and network aren't working after updating to OSS build?
    A. This happens if you're still on the old Q firmware. Flash the latest available R firmware and then follow the above give steps to properly flash the rom.​

2. Unable to update OTA's using TWRP?
    A. The current available recoveries are outdated and are no longer supported for OSS builds. To have a hassle free OTA experience use the above mentioned ArrowOS recovery.
    A. Two of the currently supported recoveries are mentioned above.​

Read our blog article/post about:
    * GAPPS and VANILLA variants
    * Checking build integrity

ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_kernel_xiaomi_surya

XDA:DevDB Information
    ArrowOS, ROM for the Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC

Contributors
    ganesh varma, kubersharma, palaych
    Source Code: https://github.com/ArrowOS

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest R firmware
    Based On: AOSP, CAF

Version Information
    Stable
    Stable Release Date: 2020-11-19

Created 2020-11-19
    Last Updated 2021-05-18
    Hello.

Does anyone have any working TWRP for Surya model ?

I see that the developer Brigudav seems to have given up on developing TWRP for Surya.

TWRP by Brigudav Official website

So is there any replacement ?

Thank you very much.
    Update -09
    So i haven't been around here for a while, after looking at the recent posts many seem to be confused, blaming and do not understand on migrating to OSS builds. In the final MIUI vendor builds the OTA functionality was blocked in order to prevent users from directly updating to OSS builds as it will be needing a MIUI 11 firmware followed by a clean flash. The same has been notified in our device changelogs. Every step and preventive measures have been taken, there's only much i can do from my side in clearing things up. We have this forum and community in place to help each other out, so lets not be pointing fingers here!

Here again i would like to make it clear with a simple guide on how to migrate onto OSS build!

Note: This update will require a CLEAN FLASH (format data), so please backup everything beforehand.
    • Flash the latest available MIUI 11 firmware. (Region doesn't matter!!)
    • Now flash Arrow Vanilla/Gapps build.
    • Reboot.
    Beware that the current available recoveries haven't been updated yet to support decryption for OSS builds at this point.
    Here are the instructions on how you should flash the new OSS Vendor ROM since most people here are confused:

- Flash latest TWRP by brigudav
    - Flash Android 11 12.0.7 MIUI firmware
    - Reboot recovery
    - Format Data
    - Reboot recovery
    - Flash ArrowOS

OPTIONAL:
    - Flash Magisk
    - Flash Gapps (If you're on Vanilla build & If you want custom gapps)

- Reboot system

Download link:
    - Firmware: https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/firmware/surya/stable/V12.0.7.0.RJGEUXM/
    - TWRP: You can find it on 4pda but you need an account. I'm not allowed to share it, so you have to get it yourself.

This firmware is for NFC model as I'm not sure where is A11 firmware for non-NFC model. It can possibly work for non-NFC model, feel free to try.
    Mission Impossible in all custom ROMs !

1. Safetynet check the bootloader status and will automatically fail if magisk is not installed (Magisk Hide ON must be applied for this) !

2. Furthermore, now you have to install the safetynet-fix module to make your banking apps working !

3. Finally, you must hide Magisk Manager.apk with a random name too (Magisk Settings)
    To everyone, please STOP this misconception about having the need to flash magisk in order to pass safety net. Do read the OP I've clearly mentioned there's no need of a magisk or modules for safety net. Device is certified and passes safety net out of the box without need of any modifications.

By improper usage of magisk and mods you're further complicating and breaking things when they're completely unnecessary which end up causing unrelated issues which you end up calling them rom source bugs ¯\(◉‿◉)/¯

P.S : I'm not against magisk, but when you do prefer using modifications do ask yourself on your needs and if you're able to rectify the issues it might generate. Isolate yourself from magisk or any form of modifications to recheck and confirm the issue before making a bug report.