[NIGHTLIES][ROM] [11.0.0] ArrowOS POCO X3 [OFFICIAL][SURYA][UNIFIED]

Revontheus

Aug 1, 2013
cycling/studying or asleep
can i just flash the rom like normally? (wipe data,dalvic,cache, without wiping internal ) from aosp based rom?
or i should go back to miui first and then install?
what do you mean by yes? so i can just flash arrowos and not flash miui first? i'm on resurrection remix now
Yes. As long as you follow the instructions I had just mentioned. The latest firmware + vendor can be found here.

4myra

Aug 11, 2010
Anyone noticing less SOT (from 11.30 to 11.05) with 12.0.7 firmware update. I'm on 17-Jan build with stock kernel. Caches have been wiped.

Emre1994

Sep 9, 2014
Sydney
Hey peeps I'm using this ROM and having issues with notifications on WiFi being delayed up to 10-20 minutes or showing up only when I unlock the screen.

This is what I did to troubleshoot but the issue is still present.

Settings > Battery > Battery Manager > Off
Settings > Apps & Notifications > Special App Access > Adaptive Notifications > None
Settings > Apps & Notifications > Special App Access > Battery Optimization > Don't Optimize (For my important apps)
Settings > Display > Lock Screen > Wake Screen For Notifications > Toggle On

Any help would be appreciated.

Dixo213

Jan 19, 2021
Just installed the latest and greatest and so far, all is good. I did decide throw the setup to copy my 127 apps from my P4xl. This is not working as expected. it installed 1 app, then get stucked. i reboot, then it installs 2 apps then get stucked. then i reboot... and so one...i think i will cancel this and reinstall apps as i need them but just wanted to report. I will try clearing cache for the playstore app to see if this helps!TX again for this great ROM

jjcdennis

Jun 20, 2015
Toronto
I've read so much stuff in this thread and others that I'm less than clear about the process of installing. I will unlock on Sunday or Monday when my hours are up. The phone is on Miui 1.2.0.7. Under encrypt phone in settings it says phone is "encrypted (I don't understand the issues with encrypting). I want to install Arrow OS with Gapps, but just want to double check. I have downloaded the rom w/gapps and Orange Fox. So do I still follow the developers installation process as detailed on page 1?
  • Remove any fingerprint, PIN or password in MIUI
  • Unlock the bootloader
  • Transfer ROM to internal storage
  • Install any suitable recovery
  • Flash ROM zip file
  • Do a data wipe in recovery (format data)
  • Reboot to system, wait and enjoy
No Magisk
I'm looking to make this as simple as possible and work my way slowly up to speed. Been a while.
Help is greatly appreciated.

Revontheus

Aug 1, 2013
I've read so much stuff in this thread and others that I'm less than clear about the process of installing. I will unlock on Sunday or Monday when my hours are up. The phone is on Miui 1.2.0.7. Under encrypt phone in settings it says phone is "encrypted (I don't understand the issues with encrypting). I want to install Arrow OS with Gapps, but just want to double check. I have downloaded the rom w/gapps and Orange Fox. So do I still follow the developers installation process as detailed on page 1?
  • Remove any fingerprint, PIN or password in MIUI
  • Unlock the bootloader
  • Transfer ROM to internal storage
  • Install any suitable recovery
  • Flash ROM zip file
  • Do a data wipe in recovery (format data)
  • Reboot to system, wait and enjoy
No Magisk
I'm looking to make this as simple as possible and work my way slowly up to speed. Been a while.
Help is greatly appreciated.
Reboot to Recovery -> Flash the ROM (no need to flash FW + Vendor if you're coming from latest MIUI) -> Format /data -> Reboot to Recovery -> Flash GAPPS & Magisk -> Reboot to System.

You need to flash Magisk in order for you to have access to Magisk Hide.

Last edited:

jjcdennis

Jun 20, 2015
Toronto
Reboot to Recovery -> Flash the ROM -> Format /data -> Reboot to Recovery -> Flash GAPPS & Magisk -> Reboot to System.

This is different than whats on page 1. Is it just that the developer hasn't updated the install instructions/ Magisk?

Revontheus

Aug 1, 2013
OK, thanks for your help. Anthing else I should be aware of?
If you ever plan on using a custom kernel (for performance or better battery), ensure that you backup boot.img and DTBO on OFOX. I recommend Stormbreaker Kernel for battery life or the F1xy kernel found here on XDA for performance. Simply flash it after flashing Magisk.

Reactions: jjcdennis

iakoboss7

May 6, 2011
Athens
Reboot to Recovery -> Flash the ROM (no need to flash FW + Vendor if you're coming from latest MIUI) -> Format /data -> Reboot to Recovery -> Flash GAPPS & Magisk -> Reboot to System.

From what i see here: https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/vendor/surya/

Vendor is actually very old.
Is that indeed the latest? Or we have other source?

Can i make my own vendor files (from latest releases) possibly? And how?

Revontheus

Aug 1, 2013
From what i see here: https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/vendor/surya/

Vendor is actually very old.
Is that indeed the latest? Or we have other source?

Can i make my own vendor files (from latest releases) possibly? And how?
That's not the latest version. The latest version can be found in the same website you posted. It is now called the recovery ROM and comes with the latest FW (12.0.7) and vendor. Get the appropriate one for your device here.

Reactions: iakoboss7

iakoboss7

May 6, 2011
Athens
That's not the latest version. The latest version can be found in the same website you posted. It is now called the recovery ROM and comes with the latest FW (12.0.7) and vendor. Get the appropriate one for your device here.

as i understand the process remains the same, right?

1) wipe system, dalvik, cache.
2) flash "recovery rom", rom, gapps, magisk.
3) profit?

any extra steps?

jeryll

Dec 23, 2010
as i understand the process remains the same, right?

1) wipe system, dalvik, cache.
2) flash "recovery rom", rom, gapps, magisk.
3) profit?

any extra steps?

iakoboss7

May 6, 2011
Athens
I am sorry but this does not answer the actual question >.<