[NIGHTLIES][ROM] [11.0.0] ArrowOS POCO X3 [OFFICIAL][SURYA][UNIFIED]

iakoboss7

May 6, 2011
Athens
Some of your steps are wrong (wipe system - unavailable in any custom recovery, lack of any format data if you come from stock MIUI etc)[email protected] pointed you to the right, complete procedure to flash a custom ROM....how this did not answered to your questions?!?
which is what exactly? you asked any extra steps? if you read guide I posted link to and compared with steps you are posted, you will have answer to your question

sorry, maybe i should have been more clear.

the steps i am mentioning (cause i am already in arrow os now) are for dirty install updates.

updates which include new rom, new gapps, new "recovery rom" (for vendor + firmware).

danny_bhoy67

Feb 8, 2014
Even though I recently switched to the Gapps version of this rom, I still can't seem to get the quick access wallet to appear on the power menu! Even though I have the setting enabled in settings > gestures > power menu > cards and passes.

Does anyone have any suggestions why this might not be working for me.

Could someone check system/product/priv-app and tell me if they have quick access wallet apk in there (I don't).

Kibna

Jan 20, 2021
Hey Sir! Thank you for this wonderful ROM. Just wanted to suggest adding "press to unlock" settings for fingerprint. It has settings like that in stock MIUI ROM.

ralfhein

May 14, 2019
@ganesh varma Just wanted to say thank you for building and maintaining this! I have been using this ROM for some days now (Vanilla build + microG) and are very impressed. It is fast, battery efficient, stable - very good work indeed.

nemo19

May 3, 2014
That's not the latest version. The latest version can be found in the same website you posted. It is now called the recovery ROM and comes with the latest FW (12.0.7) and vendor. Get the appropriate one for your device here.
How do you know that no extracted vendor zips are provided anymore? I couldn't find any information regarding this. And is it necessary to update vendor? I thought it is contained in ArrowOS by now.

Is it really possible when upgrading from one ArrowOS version to another to flash the Recovery ROM (which is a full MIUI ROM afaik) in between without losing/breaking /data? What are the proper steps for an OS update + firmware and vendor upgrade? Do I have to remove pin/pattern or backup and restore anything or is it just:
  1. Boot to recovery
  2. Flash Recovery ROM <- overwrites system, firmware, vendor
  3. Reboot to recovery? Is this required/recommended?
  4. Flash ArrowOS OTA zip <- overwrites system (and vendor? Is it contained in the OS?)
  5. (Optionally) flash kernel and magisk
  6. Wipe cache and dalvik
  7. Reboot to system
Thanks for any input on this.

Reactions: iakoboss7

bartito

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 1, 2005
Can anyone instruct on how have GPay working with this ROM? (best if is possible to do it without root the device)

Revontheus

Aug 1, 2013
cycling/studying or asleep
How do you know that no extracted vendor zips are provided anymore? I couldn't find any information regarding this. And is it necessary to update vendor? I thought it is contained in ArrowOS by now.

Is it really possible when upgrading from one ArrowOS version to another to flash the Recovery ROM (which is a full MIUI ROM afaik) in between without losing/breaking /data? What are the proper steps for an OS update + firmware and vendor upgrade? Do I have to remove pin/pattern or backup and restore anything or is it just:
  1. Boot to recovery
  2. Flash Recovery ROM <- overwrites system, firmware, vendor
  3. Reboot to recovery? Is this required/recommended?
  4. Flash ArrowOS OTA zip <- overwrites system (and vendor? Is it contained in the OS?)
  5. (Optionally) flash kernel and magisk
  6. Wipe cache and dalvik
  7. Reboot to system
Thanks for any input on this.
The latest ArrowOS uses blobs from the latest release of MIUI. Further, the OP specifically states to use the latest firmware. Hence, there is merit to using the latest firmware.

The recovery ROM contains both the firmware and the vendor. Should ArrowOS contain the vendor image, it will overwrite any vendor image and no harm is done.

Also, bear in mind the person asking for instructions was pondering a clean flash. Hence, I gave him the aforementioned instructions.

If you are already on ArrowOS, simply flash the latest firmware + latest nightly. Magisk and the others are optional if you use root.

janhammer504

Feb 16, 2020
Can anyone instruct on how have GPay working with this ROM? (best if is possible to do it without root the device)
Mission Impossible in all custom ROMs !

1. Safetynet check the bootloader status and will automatically fail if magisk is not installed (Magisk Hide ON must be applied for this) !

2. Furthermore, now you have to install the safetynet-fix module to make your banking apps working !

3. Finally, you must hide Magisk Manager.apk with a random name too (Magisk Settings)

ganesh varma

Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2015
hyderabad
Mission Impossible in all custom ROMs !

1. Safetynet check the bootloader status and will automatically fail if magisk is not installed (Magisk Hide ON must be applied for this) !

2. Furthermore, now you have to install the safetynet-fix module to make your banking apps working !

3. Finally, you must hide Magisk Manager.apk with a random name too (Magisk Settings)
To everyone, please STOP this misconception about having the need to flash magisk in order to pass safety net. Do read the OP I've clearly mentioned there's no need of a magisk or modules for safety net. Device is certified and passes safety net out of the box without need of any modifications.

By improper usage of magisk and mods you're further complicating and breaking things when they're completely unnecessary which end up causing unrelated issues which you end up calling them rom source bugs ¯\(◉‿◉)/¯

P.S : I'm not against magisk, but when you do prefer using modifications do ask yourself on your needs and if you're able to rectify the issues it might generate. Isolate yourself from magisk or any form of modifications to recheck and confirm the issue before making a bug report.

Last edited:

ayad.phonex

Aug 24, 2017
hey everyone! how do i install pixel launcher can't find anywhere always crashes and the stock Arrow launcher does not have the text selection when you are on recent apps!

bartito

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 1, 2005
To everyone, please STOP this misconception about having the need to flash magisk in order to pass safety net. Do read the OP I've clearly mentioned there's no need of a magisk or modules for safety net. Device is certified and passes safety net out of the box without need of any modifications.

By improper usage of magisk and mods you're further complicating and breaking things when they're completely unnecessary which end up causing unrelated issues which you end up calling them rom source bugs ¯\(◉‿◉)/¯

P.S : I'm not against magisk, but when you do prefer using modifications do ask yourself on your needs and if you're able to rectify the issues it might generate. Isolate yourself from magisk or any form of modifications to recheck and confirm the issue before making a bug report.
Please, can you explain how use NFC to pay?
I've tried the ROM (with and without install Magisk). In both cases GPay installs fine, then no issues to add bank cards but when I try to pay in a store, the dataphone refuses to operate. No issues with MIUI.
Thanks

Reactions: janhammer504

janhammer504

Feb 16, 2020

is the safetynet keystore patch already included ???

janhammer504

Feb 16, 2020
Please, can you explain how use NFC to pay?
I've tried the ROM (with and without install Magisk). In both cases GPay installs fine, then no issues to add bank cards but when I try to pay in a store, the dataphone refuses to operate. No issues with MIUI.
Thanks
i think the nfc package used here is a standard one like many other roms around. the package must be nxp/nq compliant !

if you can decompile nfc.apk check if you have this in AndroidManifest.xml

com.nxp.nfc.nq

. The true package that must be used is NqNfcNci not the standard one NfcNci

. the symlinked (proprietary) library must be :
libsn100nfc_nci_jni.so ... and not the standard one libnfc_nci_jni.so

No custom rom uses these files except xiaomi.eu !

Last edited: