[NIGHTLIES][ROM] [11.0.0] ArrowOS POCO X3 [OFFICIAL][SURYA][UNIFIED]

Alin45

Oct 7, 2020
Bucharest
@ganesh varma thank you very much for this great rom!

Can you take a look please at one issue?
The device has an issue with "wide color gamut", basically whenever something is using it, it makes the screen yellow.

It is not only in Chrome (i know we have a fix for it) but everything that uses HDR (or basicly wide color gamut) triggers it also.

So HDR youtube videos, hdr supported games & some apps (chrome, slide for reddit etc), all have a yellow tint.

Not that important but IF you can also update adreno drivers to the latest that would be amazing!
I found this somewhere and I saved it in a text file...I don't remember where :) I didn't try myself, but maybe it works.
"
yellow screen color solution

- type "adb shell" -> ENTER
- type down " settings put secure night_display_activated 0" (without the " character) -> ENTER;
- type again " settings put secure night_display_auto_mode 0 " -> ENTER;
- Restart your phone, either manually or type "abd reboot"."

Or you can try this if you have Magisk installed: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...x3-surya-unified.4218505/page-3#post-84357331

Last edited:

iakoboss7

May 6, 2011
Athens
That is the HDR implementation for this ROM and other ROMs. If you want HDR as it was intended by Xiaomi, you can always return to MIUI.
Thats not an HDR implementation, its a bug.

I found this somewhere and I saved it in a text file...I don't remember where :) I didn't try myself, but maybe it works.

"

yellow screen color solution

- type "adb shell" -> ENTER

- type down " settings put secure night_display_activated 0" (without the " character) -> ENTER;

- type again " settings put secure night_display_auto_mode 0 " -> ENTER;

- Restart your phone, either manually or type "abd reboot"."

Or you can try this if you have Magisk installed: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...x3-surya-unified.4218505/page-3#post-84357331
Thank you!

I will try it.

UN1TATO

Jan 23, 2018
Does anyone use his PayPal with the GPay implemented in the power button menu? Whenever I try to login to my PayPal I end up in a login loop.

jjcdennis

Jun 20, 2015
Toronto
I've got a couple apps that I want to uninstall (Ie: camera app) that don't have the uninstall option. I saw the method for debloating a Xiaomi phone, but I don't know if its the right method for a phone running Arrow OS.
I see a module for Magisk and am curious if this is the wya to go to uninstall uninstallable apps.
Would appreciate some help with this.

4myra

Aug 11, 2010
I've got a couple apps that I want to uninstall (Ie: camera app) that don't have the uninstall option. I saw the method for debloating a Xiaomi phone, but I don't know if its the right method for a phone running Arrow OS.
I see a module for Magisk and am curious if this is the wya to go to uninstall uninstallable apps.
Would appreciate some help with this.
You can uninstall or disable system apps of any Android phone using the adb interface e.g. adb appcontrol on windows as long as USB debugging is enabled

Reactions: jjcdennis

Yuraqua

Dec 12, 2020
Guys, I need your expertise.

1) I flashed surya_global_images_V12.0.7.0.QJGMIXM. Do I need to flash surya_firmware_vendor-Global_V12.0.3.0.QJGMIXM unencrypted?
OrangeFox currently says about partition DATA:
Code:
Data successfully decrypted
Updating partion details...
...done
Successfully decrypted with default password.
I'd say I don't need to install additional unencrypted firmware. Am I correct?

2) This ROM is based on Android 10 or Android 11?
I get conflicting messages :) OP says Android 10, but ArrowOS is 11.

3) If it is Android 11, will I be able to get working OpenGapps Pico for Android 10?

Last edited:

Revontheus

Aug 1, 2013
cycling/studying or asleep
Does flashing back to miui the same steps as flashing this rom the first time? Just asking for future reference :)
Nope. You use MiFlash to reflash MIUI.

Thats not an HDR implementation, its a bug.

Thank you!

I will try it.
Regardless, if HDR playback is important for the user, he/she is free to return to MIUI.

Reactions: Gabsome

Paulvooron

Oct 13, 2016
After updating from 1.24 to 1.25 update via the update option in the settings app, my phone is stuck at this screen. What should I do? 1.24 is running fine until this.
16116372299446487243296914612573.jpg

Paulvooron

Oct 13, 2016
After updating from 1.24 to 1.25 update via the update option in the settings app, my phone is stuck at this screen. What should I do? 1.24 is running fine until this.View attachment 5199085
Try wiping /cache and /dalvik cache partitions. If all else fails, dirty flash 1.24 build
I already did. But still stuck at it. So I just reinstalled 1.24 and wiped everything. Then from fresh install of 1.24, I tried to install another update which is 1.26. Same thing happened. Stuck at boot. So I reinstalled 1.24 again. Note: I don't put PIN/PATTERN on my phone. I don't know what's the reason but i think the UPDATE module is broken? Or its just me? Anyways, I love this ROM so I might just stay at 1.24 forever.

4myra

Aug 11, 2010
I already did. But still stuck at it. So I just reinstalled 1.24 and wiped everything. Then from fresh install of 1.24, I tried to install another update which is 1.26. Same thing happened. Stuck at boot. So I reinstalled 1.24 again. Note: I don't put PIN/PATTERN on my phone. I don't know what's the reason but i think the UPDATE module is broken? Or its just me? Anyways, I love this ROM so I might just stay at 1.24 forever.
I'm on 1.17 still but never had problems with automatically updating with orange fox recovery.

Did you already try to install it manually?

After download, restart to recovery, go-to data/arrowos_updates. Flash the update zip file. You can wipe caches before you reboot to system. Advantage of manual update is you will see any error messages while flashing

Paulvooron

Oct 13, 2016
I'm on 1.17 still but never had problems with automatically updating with orange fox recovery.

Did you already try to install it manually?

After download, restart to recovery, go-to data/arrowos_updates. Flash the update zip file. You can wipe caches before you reboot to system. Advantage of manual update is you will see any error messages while flashing
I used twrp. I also tried installing the update manually. Still after booting, phone is stuck on "Phone is starting" screen. Here are the things I did:

1.24 automatic update to 1.25 (Stuck at "Phone is starting" screen)
1.24 manual install via twrp to 1.25 (Stuck at "Phone is starting" screen)
1.24 automatic update to 1.26 (Stuck at "Phone is starting" screen)
1.24 manual install via twrp to 1.26 (Stuck at "Phone is starting" screen)

I did not receive any error message on twrp. That's why I have know idea what's happening.
Before booting, I always wipe cache.
I also don't put password or pin,/pattern on my phone.

Have you tried updating to the latest update 1.26?

RalphMalph

Oct 2, 2007
Anyone here has Dolby Atmos mod installed with no problems on this rom?
I am on ArrowOS but have brightness problems and 3.5 audioplug not working

Poesknol

Oct 19, 2018
Hi, i have a problem with my sound when my phone is at 5% or lower.
My sound is not working, nowhere, also not in calls.
And my volume is not going up when i press the volume up button, down is working and i can also slide the volume slider manualy.
when i start charging and when my phone is above 5% my sound is working again (Sometimes after a restart)
Anyone with the same problem, is this a battery save option or something? can't find it. Thx

I am currently on the 24th of january version btw