[NIGHTLIES][ROM] [11.0.0] ArrowOS POCO X3 [OFFICIAL][SURYA][UNIFIED]

Paulvooron

Oct 13, 2016
Hi, i have a problem with my sound when my phone is at 5% or lower.
My sound is not working, nowhere, also not in calls.
And my volume is not going up when i press the volume up button, down is working and i can also slide the volume slider manualy.
when i start charging and when my phone is above 5% my sound is working again (Sometimes after a restart)
Anyone with the same problem, is this a battery save option or something? can't find it. Thx

I am currently on the 24th of january version btw
Try to update in 1.26

jjcdennis

Jun 20, 2015
Toronto
I'm on day 3 with this rom and it is working really well. I stuck with Arrow OS with gapps and have had no problems so far. 2 updates as well in 3-days.
Thanks for your efforts and a few beers are on the way.

Last edited:

jjcdennis

Jun 20, 2015
Toronto
Hey peeps I'm using this ROM and having issues with notifications on WiFi being delayed up to 10-20 minutes or showing up only when I unlock the screen.

This is what I did to troubleshoot but the issue is still present.

Settings > Battery > Battery Manager > Off
Settings > Apps & Notifications > Special App Access > Adaptive Notifications > None
Settings > Apps & Notifications > Special App Access > Battery Optimization > Don't Optimize (For my important apps)
Settings > Display > Lock Screen > Wake Screen For Notifications > Toggle On

Any help would be appreciated.
Same issue for me. Phone times out at 2 minutes and screen goes blank, when double tapped/or power on, the phone goes to the lock screen wallpaper. When I swipe up the phone goes to the main screen and notifications show on the notification bar only. No notification sounds work unless the phone is on the main screen.
Had the same problem with 1.2.0.7. I did not have the problem running a Pixel 2 with Android 11.

Last edited:

KeyF

Dec 1, 2008
Hey, nice ROM.
All is working for me from the basic apps.
But I've some problems with one banking app, one sports app what is using a cloud service, and all amazon apps.
On the amazon apps I'm getting an error that chrome is outdated and there is a certificate error. I think the other apps have the same problem but can't display the error on this way.
I've checked that I've the latest web apps, chrome etc. I'm on the version from 26.1.2021

ralfhein

May 14, 2019
Steps to set custom volume steps (on non-rooted phone) are:
1. Mount "system" in OrangeFox
2. adb pull /system_root/system/build.prop
3. Edit build.prop and set desired values
4. adb push build.prop /system_root/system/
5. Reboot & enjoy the new volume steps
To update on my earlier post, here is how to automate the recovery of the volume settings (or for that matter any custom settings). Arrow by default includes a backup-functionality, we just have to use it by including the additional files.

-> see EDIT, this is not a good way and will break things!
How to set custom volume steps and restore settings after OTA update (on non-rooted phone):
5. adb pull /system_root/system/addon.d/50-arrow.sh
6. Edit 50-arrow.sh to include build.prop, so list_files() function reads something like this:
list_files() {
cat <<EOF
etc/hosts
build.prop
EOF
}
7. adb push 50-arrow.sh /system_root/system/addon.d/50-arrow.sh
6. Reboot & enjoy the new volume steps + have them restored after OTA update

Of course, keep in mind that OTA might push a build.prop with important new settings, these will now be overwritten. So we probably want to change the script a bit more, as to keep the newly delivered version (save it as build.prop.arrow-ota for example) to be able to check and compare from time to time.

EDIT: Turns out this indeed breaks things, so don't use it. I will come up with a better solution. Leaving the post here for reference on how NOT to do it. Namely, the build.prop of course also contains build information, so after using the above method updates will not show as installed anymore (even though they are).

Last edited:
Reactions: pnin and wimstefan

PrutserNet

Dec 20, 2020
I have a question: I'm unsure which firmware I need to use with this ROM. It has to do with NFC. In settings the NFC menu is empty and apps are complaining that I don't have a NFC chip. I do have a SURYA and NFC has worked in MIUI, but that was a very long time ago...

I did flash V12.0.8.0.QJGINXM from India because the changelog said the blobs were updated to that version.
Now I flashed back to V12.0.7.0.QJGMIXM Global but NFC is still not working.

Anyone have any idea?

PrutserNet

Dec 20, 2020
I have a question: I'm unsure which firmware I need to use with this ROM. It has to do with NFC. In settings the NFC menu is empty and apps are complaining that I don't have a NFC chip. I do have a SURYA and NFC has worked in MIUI, but that was a very long time ago...

I did flash V12.0.8.0.QJGINXM from India because the changelog said the blobs were updated to that version.
Now I flashed back to V12.0.7.0.QJGMIXM Global but NFC is still not working.

Anyone have any idea?
To answer my own question: I wnet back to V12.0.4.0 and NFC is back :)

Reactions: pnin

KeyF

Dec 1, 2008
Hey, nice ROM.
All is working for me from the basic apps.
But I've some problems with one banking app, one sports app what is using a cloud service, and all amazon apps.
On the amazon apps I'm getting an error that chrome is outdated and there is a certificate error. I think the other apps have the same problem but can't display the error on this way.
I've checked that I've the latest web apps, chrome etc. I'm on the version from 26.1.2021
Found the error. It was AdAway i had to disable it, uninstall all Apps and clecn the cache, install the apps, configure them and then enable adaway again.

On short Question, is there a Cam App where i can choose the Lense? The X3 have 4 and the installed cam and gcam only uses one. I need the wide angel verry often.

Zisjman

Nov 7, 2008
Great ROM, just one issue. I would like to disable the arrowOS launcher, but when I do so, the recent apps functionality no longer works. Any way to decouple that from the launcher?

mcsmart

Aug 8, 2011
One minor UI bug: In the statusbar it says VoLTE, when it's actually VoWIFI. In the previous version it just displayed a HD icon, which was correct for both. :geek:

nemo19

May 3, 2014
To update on my earlier post, here is how to automate the recovery of the volume settings (or for that matter any custom settings). Arrow by default includes a backup-functionality, we just have to use it by including the additional files.

-> see EDIT, this is not a good way and will break things!
How to set custom volume steps and restore settings after OTA update (on non-rooted phone):
5. adb pull /system_root/system/addon.d/50-arrow.sh
6. Edit 50-arrow.sh to include build.prop, so list_files() function reads something like this:
list_files() {
cat <<EOF
etc/hosts
build.prop
EOF
}
7. adb push 50-arrow.sh /system_root/system/addon.d/50-arrow.sh
6. Reboot & enjoy the new volume steps + have them restored after OTA update

Of course, keep in mind that OTA might push a build.prop with important new settings, these will now be overwritten. So we probably want to change the script a bit more, as to keep the newly delivered version (save it as build.prop.arrow-ota for example) to be able to check and compare from time to time.

EDIT: Turns out this indeed breaks things, so don't use it. I will come up with a better solution. Leaving the post here for reference on how NOT to do it. Namely, the build.prop of course also contains build information, so after using the above method updates will not show as installed anymore (even though they are).
Seems like you don't want to replace the entire build.prop file, but only change a specific line in the file. Since the backup script is just a regular Linux shell script you should be able to use the Linux command line tool sed to change the build.prop file after the update. The command should look something like

Bash:
sed -i 's/old line/new line/' build.prop
That's assuming sed is available in the environment and commands can be specified to run after the update. Good luck ;)

Reactions: pnin and ralfhein

mumarr_

Jan 28, 2021
Hi, thank you so much for the custom rom, this is so amazing,but i have a question

I have an issue with my wifi connection
I tried to connect to my office network, i have followed the instructions from my IT Administrator, but it seems i have the issue with the certificate,details are below:

Screenshot_20210128-133510_1.png

Maybe you can help with this issue

Thank you very much