[NIGHTLIES][ROM] [11.0.0] ArrowOS POCO X3 [OFFICIAL][SURYA][UNIFIED]

Search This thread

Witchbender

May 31, 2015
I can't update the rom via updater, I have OrangeFox BOO4, I download it from the updater, it says "the phone will reboot in recovery mode", and it does, but it shows me the "normal" recovery menù, where do I do wrong?
You have to enable OTA-Updates in Orangefox settings. It is under "OTA & Rom"

jjcdennis

Jun 20, 2015
Toronto
Backup your data and do a clean flash of the ROM w/ latest firmware. I have linked them in my previous post on this thread.
Sorry in advance for this question - Based on post 1248, would step 9 be to flash the data backup and 10 becomes reboot to system?
I'm thinking of reflashing everything to resolve a few nags and don't want to have to rebuild my apps and launcher.
Thanks

Master One

Jan 31, 2011
Europe
For anyone interested, I have managed to automate the reinstatement of Bromite SystemWebView and @janhammer504's YouTube HDR & Chrome Yellow Tint - Real Fix after a system update:
With nightly ArrowOS updates it would otherwise have been too cumbersome to fiddle around with this manually, and I really don't want to forego the use of Bromite SystemWebView instead of the regular (Chromium) Android System WebView as chosen by the ArrowOS developers.

Reactions: Tanari_de

Beaster

Feb 20, 2009
So i just download the flashable firmware and flash it? Do i need to choose anything in twrp?
Ok i did it everything went well.
Yes, already done that.

Hey guys. Regarding firmware update. I am currently on 12.0.7.0 EU FW.

Is the upgrade procedure as simple as getting the latest FW from here, boot TWRP and select .zip and flash away?

Any pitfalls I should be aware of?

Thank you in advance!

danny_bhoy67

Feb 8, 2014
For anyone interested, I have managed to automate the reinstatement of Bromite SystemWebView and @janhammer504's YouTube HDR & Chrome Yellow Tint - Real Fix after a system update:
With nightly ArrowOS updates it would otherwise have been too cumbersome to fiddle around with this manually, and I really don't want to forego the use of Bromite SystemWebView instead of the regular (Chromium) Android System WebView as chosen by the ArrowOS developers.
Hi. Interesting post.

Couple of questions:

1. What is the benefit/difference of using Bromite and the regular webview?
  2. Is it a proper HDR fix or does it simply disable HDR functionality?

Thank you.

gareh

Jan 12, 2008
Hello.

Been a while since I was using custom roms (been in huawei land for a while). Got me a poco x3 nfc and great to be back in the scene.

I got this ROM going and pretty much everything working awesome. A couple of issues though...

• Google Pay showing cards as "Not set up". Wondering if anyone else has had this issue? Was working fine with the original stock rom

• I'm getting the following error in TWRP:
    E:Failed to mount/tmp/com.android.resolv.apex to loop device /dev/block/loop16
    E:unable to open loop device: dev/block/loop17
    E:unable to open loop device: dev/block/loop18
    E:unable to open loop device: dev/block/loop19
    E:unable to open loop device: dev/block/loop20
I did also install magisk, but then uninstalled as i found i didnt really need root. Hopefully this hasn't screwed it up. After uninstalling magisk, i reinstalled the most recent ArrowOS (withgapps) rom.

Everything else i need seems to be working ok.

Appreciate any help.

Sorted...

Flash Stock
Unlock again
TWRP
format data
flash arrowos rom

no magisk this time and everything working as expected. No errors in TWRP

kcohmikeel

Aug 2, 2013
i tried search in this topic about dirty flash but doesn't seems to have a complete proper step-by-step instruction. can we put it in the 1st page?

so for dirty flash ROM update, do we need to:
1. Remove any fingerprint, PIN or password?
2. flash Magisk again [for root]?

Master One

Jan 31, 2011
Europe
  1. What is the benefit/difference of using Bromite and the regular webview?
  2. Is it a proper HDR fix or does it simply disable HDR functionality?
Please read the info in the respective threads, they contain links to all the relevant information.

Bromite web browsers and Bromite SystemWebview are the "ungoogled" cleaned-up variants of Chromium and Android System WebView, because although Open Source, they are still calling home and include unwanted features with privacy in mind.

AFAIK the HDR fix by @janhammer504 doesn't disable HDR, but changes the respective display profiles. I neither have the proper insight nor have I experienced any HDR issues yet (simply because it's a new phone and I have just started playing around and modifying it).

Last edited:

janhammer504

Feb 16, 2020
Please read the info in the respective threads, they contain links to all the relevant information.

Bromite web browsers and Bromite SystemWebview are the "ungoogled" cleaned-up variants of Chromium and Android System WebView, because although Open Source, they are still calling home and include unwanted features with privacy in mind.

AFAIK the HDR fix by @janhammer504 doesn't disable HDR, but changes the respective display profiles. I neither have the proper insight nor have I experienced any HDR issues yet (simply because it's a new phone and I have just started playing around and modifying it).
Magisk module added until the fix is merged by your rom developer !

Reactions: Master One

Master One

Jan 31, 2011
Europe
How do you change refresh rate in this rom?
Settings >> Display >> Device-specific settings >> Minimum Refresh Rate (Defaul: 90 Hz)
and is it possible to change dialer to mi dialer?
Sorry, can't help you with that one, likely not if it relies on any other MIUI stuff. But why would you? ArrowOS 11 features com.android.dialer v23.0 and that will always be the preferred open source solution, at least by me.

Just checking if anyone else is having wifi connectivity issues on latest march 3rd build. Let me know :)
Coming from the future? But 1st March build shows no issues here.

Yoohis

Jun 23, 2020
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
I
Settings >> Display >> Device-specific settings >> Minimum Refresh Rate (Defaul: 90 Hz)

Sorry, can't help you with that one, likely not if it relies on any other MIUI stuff. But why would you? ArrowOS 11 features com.android.dialer v23.0 and that will always be the preferred open source solution, at least by me.

Coming from the future? But 1st March build shows no issues here.
I meant 1st xD

Beaster

Feb 20, 2009
Thats exactly what i did. Just flashed it through twrp
Hello again. Just did the flash from TWRP. Any way to check the install firmware version?

Running

getprop | grep 'EUX' in terminal reports

[ro.odm.build.version.incremental]: [V12.0.7.0.QJGEUXM] [ro.vendor.build.version.incremental]: [V12.0.7.0.QJGEUXM]

dispite the fact that I be flashed 12.0.8.0 EU

Thx in advance!

Master One

Jan 31, 2011
Europe
Hello again. Just did the flash from TWRP. Any way to check the install firmware version?
This has been mentioned before, getprop doesn't show the firmware version, only vendor and odm, which don't get updated by a firmware update.

The only way seems to be to compare the Baseband version in

Settings >> About phone >> Android version >> Baseband version

The identifier is the number before "RENNELL" (in my case currently "00020").

drivtheod

Nov 20, 2013
This has been mentioned before, getprop doesn't show the firmware version, only vendor and odm, which don't get updated by a firmware update.

Correct. Mine after the yesterday's fw update says the same 00020

Beaster

Feb 20, 2009

Correct. Mine after the yesterday's fw update says the same 00020

Yeap. 00020 as well for me. Thank you both once more!

dovis838

Sep 22, 2014
Hey, I followed all instructions before flashing this rom. Made clean flash. Everything works great, except that on video chatting on viber, messenger and instagram (and other apps I guess?) having camera problems. Camera turns off every 15-20mins and video freezes, but call still in progress. After redial it works great for another 15-20mins. Does anyone have the same issue? I'm on 02-05 gapps build. Should I update to the latest version? Cause now on this (02-05) build everything works stable except video chatting

Reactions: iakoboss7

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update 2021-03-17

ROM changelog: https://arrowos.net/changelog.php

Device changelog:
    • - parts: Implement auto-lowering refresh rate on battery saver
    • - parts: Add touch profiles for gaming and benchmarking
    • - parts: Add dirac QS tile
    • - parts: Introduce Refresh Rate QS tile
    • - Remove libcameraservice shim
    • - Misc fixes and upstream changes.

Download: https://arrowos.net/download/surya
    Is it possible to install microG as a one ZIP file just like a gapps? Or, which procedure is the best to install microG?
    Here you go.

I see more than one version of OF. I'm using this one - OrangeFox-R11-Unofficial-Beta-surya-10-01.zip, but I also see one that has a beta 4 and a beta 6 (Lunario versions). Am I using the correct one? So far no issues with updates using this version.
    I'm using the latest version posted in the thread

[RECOVERY][SHARED][surya]OrangeFox Recovery Project[R11.0_A] Xiaomi POCO X3 NFC

and it's working fine. Just be sure to enable OTA Updates and disable any access protection in the OrangeFox settings (as that can mess up an OTA update).
    So i have been using this rom for somewhere over 2 months now. 1 bug that I recently noticed other than the visual bug of turbo charging is that whenever phone's battery is 3% or lower, microphone, speaker and earpiece stops working. No audio is recorded, no call can be heard etc
    same here, wifi also stops working, volume UP button does nothing. and this starts from 5%.

issue persists through multiple builds 2-3months now.
    Hi, trying this rom for a week. It's nice and smooth.
    But i have a weird pb, when i use a bank app (revolut), i need to take a selfie in order to validate my account, but i can't, app is freezing. Possible with miui. Saw a post previously which was talking about the same pb, with Microsoft teams, but can't Refind it. Any option? Thanks
    Has already been fixed in the latest experimental build and should be available with the next stable nightly tomorrow:

Unable to take photo by using in app camera option in Microsoft teams (10 march update) POCO X3 NFC
    logo.png

ArrowOS

ABOUT
    ArrowOS
    is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    • Almost everything

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    • You tell me
    Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOADS
    POCO X3 (NFC) (surya/karna)

Note: These are enforcing builds. Safety net checks pass out of the box! No need to flash magisk modules, which might in turn break the integrity!

Builds have been unified now under surya codename for both NFC and non-NFC variants

Tip: Select OEM -> Device,choose Arrow version, choose build type: "GAPPS" or "VANILLA" to download.

Instructions
    • Remove any fingerprint, PIN or password in MIUI
    • Unlock the bootloader
    • Transfer ROM to internal storage
    • Install any suitable recovery
    • Flash ROM zip file
    • Do a data wipe in recovery (format data)
    • Reboot to system, wait and enjoy

Read our blog article/post about:
    * GAPPS and VANILLA variants
    * Checking build integrity

ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_kernel_xiaomi_surya

XDA:DevDB Information
    ArrowOS, ROM for the Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC

Contributors
    ganesh varma, kubersharma, palaych
    Source Code: https://github.com/ArrowOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest Q firmware / vendor
    Based On: AOSP, CAF

Version Information
    Stable
    Stable Release Date: 2020-11-19

Created 2020-11-19
    Last Updated 2020-11-26
    Mission Impossible in all custom ROMs !

1. Safetynet check the bootloader status and will automatically fail if magisk is not installed (Magisk Hide ON must be applied for this) !

2. Furthermore, now you have to install the safetynet-fix module to make your banking apps working !

3. Finally, you must hide Magisk Manager.apk with a random name too (Magisk Settings)
    To everyone, please STOP this misconception about having the need to flash magisk in order to pass safety net. Do read the OP I've clearly mentioned there's no need of a magisk or modules for safety net. Device is certified and passes safety net out of the box without need of any modifications.

By improper usage of magisk and mods you're further complicating and breaking things when they're completely unnecessary which end up causing unrelated issues which you end up calling them rom source bugs ¯\(◉‿◉)/¯

P.S : I'm not against magisk, but when you do prefer using modifications do ask yourself on your needs and if you're able to rectify the issues it might generate. Isolate yourself from magisk or any form of modifications to recheck and confirm the issue before making a bug report.
    Even dev says in dec the 3rd changelog that notification led was implemented, it still doesn't work for me :(
    I'm aware of the notification led issue, its interlinked to an sepolicy denial from vendor which is quite tricky to address it while we're using the prebuilt/stock vendor. For now you can assume it as a trade off for enforcing builds. I'm working on a fix, once we start a full transition towards an OSS vendor these issues will be more convenient to be addressed.
    Even dev says in dec the 3rd changelog that notification led was implemented, it still doesn't work for me :(
    Update 2021-02-25

ROM changelog: https://arrowos.net/changelog.php

Device changelog:
    • - Fixed weird yellowish tint in some apps
    • - Disabled broken wifi display
    • - Fixed mic in Google Recoder and some another apps
    • - Misc fixes and optimizations changes
    • - Enabled TTL target
    • - Many another optimization in kernel.
    Download:
    Thanks to Adithya R for working on kernel.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone