[NIGHTLIES][ROM] [11.0.0] ArrowOS POCO X3 [OFFICIAL][SURYA][UNIFIED]

Search This thread

Waki_Miko

Jan 10, 2021
Is NFC working for anyone? Very rarely I can get NFC tools to read a tag, and even when it works it takes a long time until the tag is recognized. Often when I open the app the next time, I am greeted with "NFC error". Once that happens, the NFC menu in settings (connected devices -> connection preferences -> NFC) will be completely empty:

Screenshot_20210303-135040.png
Screenshot_20210303-135128.png

I am on latest firmware + ArrowOS Vanilla + OpenGApps (Android 11 beta)

Dixo213

Jan 19, 2021
I have issues with videos on most app like twitter, LinkedIn,.Viaplay and more.eithvthr last version. On top of this I have issues with zoom meeting and bluetooth. Wh n disconnecting from bluetooth, it locks the phone and hard reboot is necessary . Mainly i find bluetooth very unstable. Anyone else

MarkRobert

Nov 22, 2011
I have issues with videos on most app like twitter, LinkedIn,.Viaplay and more.eithvthr last version. On top of this I have issues with zoom meeting and bluetooth. Wh n disconnecting from bluetooth, it locks the phone and hard reboot is necessary . Mainly i find bluetooth very unstable. Anyone else
Also having video playback issues with imgur after the latest update.

Abzu235

Mar 31, 2019
Unfortunately I also have some problems after the newest update. Videos on Messenger don't work as said in previous posts but for me YouTube Vanced broke. Most videos play normally but some of them play without sound. Please fix this

just Nob

Feb 4, 2014
Lägerdorf
The same issues here.
On the current update (3rd of May), it seems to be impossibleto playing videos with WhatsApp as well as with Simple Gallery, which is ArrowOS' built-in Gallery viewer. Anyway, VLC works well!
I guess ArrowOS' internal video decoding libraries are corrupted in the current version, and VLC presumably uses its own, built-in libraries.
There was a similar issue with one Version of ArrowOS a few weeks ago, i.e. it wasn't possible to play any videos that time.

just Nob

Feb 4, 2014
Lägerdorf
What is inside the gapps build ( pico ? ?)
If it is not pico can I install vanilla and manually flash this ?

edit: according to the post above me it looks possible
is it ?
When using Vanilla version, you should be able to install any Google Play Service Framework you like to!
I'm using microG for having more privacy (I.e. giving less data to Google), but OpenGApps should work fine as well.
Anyway, I probably would use OpenGApps' official website for downloading.

Revontheus

Aug 1, 2013
cycling/studying or asleep
Hi. @ganesh varma

I am unable to install the Anx camera. the device stays in the boot loop.

Any chance of fixing it in next update?

or how can i install it?
ANX Camera is not officially supported by this ROM. If ANX camera is more important than to ROM to you, feel free to use a different ROM.

Videos not playing on the latest build. Tested on facebook, messenger, youtube vanced.
Did you clean install the ROM? Backup your data and clean install the ROM and report back if the issue still persists.

OffensiveBias

Jun 15, 2018
I'm having problems with video and audio playback in various apps such as whatsapp, instagram, tandem and telegram. I hope this can be fixed soon! :]

Last edited:

Maravs

Dec 28, 2020
Maybe it's related u try to update/reinstall a GApps version with a vanilla (without GApps) one. In this case, Format data (yes) is mandatory.
I was reinstalling nikgapps because play services keeps crashing after i updated to latest arrow os. It also gave me an error 1 while reflashing nikgapps so i tried reflashing arrow os

Alin45

Oct 7, 2020
Bucharest
I was reinstalling nikgapps because play services keeps crashing after i updated to latest arrow os. It also gave me an error 1 while reflashing nikgapps so i tried reflashing arrow os
As I see, u have to do a clean flash (Format data).....make a Data partition backup, do a clean flash and restore from backup.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update 2021-03-17

ROM changelog: https://arrowos.net/changelog.php

Device changelog:
    • - parts: Implement auto-lowering refresh rate on battery saver
    • - parts: Add touch profiles for gaming and benchmarking
    • - parts: Add dirac QS tile
    • - parts: Introduce Refresh Rate QS tile
    • - Remove libcameraservice shim
    • - Misc fixes and upstream changes.

Download: https://arrowos.net/download/surya
    So i have been using this rom for somewhere over 2 months now. 1 bug that I recently noticed other than the visual bug of turbo charging is that whenever phone's battery is 3% or lower, microphone, speaker and earpiece stops working. No audio is recorded, no call can be heard etc
    same here, wifi also stops working, volume UP button does nothing. and this starts from 5%.

issue persists through multiple builds 2-3months now.
    Is it possible to install microG as a one ZIP file just like a gapps? Or, which procedure is the best to install microG?
    Here you go.

I see more than one version of OF. I'm using this one - OrangeFox-R11-Unofficial-Beta-surya-10-01.zip, but I also see one that has a beta 4 and a beta 6 (Lunario versions). Am I using the correct one? So far no issues with updates using this version.
    I'm using the latest version posted in the thread

[RECOVERY][SHARED][surya]OrangeFox Recovery Project[R11.0_A] Xiaomi POCO X3 NFC

and it's working fine. Just be sure to enable OTA Updates and disable any access protection in the OrangeFox settings (as that can mess up an OTA update).
    Hi, trying this rom for a week. It's nice and smooth.
    But i have a weird pb, when i use a bank app (revolut), i need to take a selfie in order to validate my account, but i can't, app is freezing. Possible with miui. Saw a post previously which was talking about the same pb, with Microsoft teams, but can't Refind it. Any option? Thanks
    Has already been fixed in the latest experimental build and should be available with the next stable nightly tomorrow:

Unable to take photo by using in app camera option in Microsoft teams (10 march update) POCO X3 NFC
    logo.png

ArrowOS

ABOUT
    ArrowOS
    is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    • Almost everything

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    • You tell me
    Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOADS
    POCO X3 (NFC) (surya/karna)

Note: These are enforcing builds. Safety net checks pass out of the box! No need to flash magisk modules, which might in turn break the integrity!

Builds have been unified now under surya codename for both NFC and non-NFC variants

Tip: Select OEM -> Device,choose Arrow version, choose build type: "GAPPS" or "VANILLA" to download.

Instructions
    • Remove any fingerprint, PIN or password in MIUI
    • Unlock the bootloader
    • Transfer ROM to internal storage
    • Install any suitable recovery
    • Flash ROM zip file
    • Do a data wipe in recovery (format data)
    • Reboot to system, wait and enjoy

Read our blog article/post about:
    * GAPPS and VANILLA variants
    * Checking build integrity

ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_kernel_xiaomi_surya

XDA:DevDB Information
    ArrowOS, ROM for the Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC

Contributors
    ganesh varma, kubersharma, palaych
    Source Code: https://github.com/ArrowOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest Q firmware / vendor
    Based On: AOSP, CAF

Version Information
    Stable
    Stable Release Date: 2020-11-19

Created 2020-11-19
    Last Updated 2020-11-26
    Mission Impossible in all custom ROMs !

1. Safetynet check the bootloader status and will automatically fail if magisk is not installed (Magisk Hide ON must be applied for this) !

2. Furthermore, now you have to install the safetynet-fix module to make your banking apps working !

3. Finally, you must hide Magisk Manager.apk with a random name too (Magisk Settings)
    To everyone, please STOP this misconception about having the need to flash magisk in order to pass safety net. Do read the OP I've clearly mentioned there's no need of a magisk or modules for safety net. Device is certified and passes safety net out of the box without need of any modifications.

By improper usage of magisk and mods you're further complicating and breaking things when they're completely unnecessary which end up causing unrelated issues which you end up calling them rom source bugs ¯\(◉‿◉)/¯

P.S : I'm not against magisk, but when you do prefer using modifications do ask yourself on your needs and if you're able to rectify the issues it might generate. Isolate yourself from magisk or any form of modifications to recheck and confirm the issue before making a bug report.
    Even dev says in dec the 3rd changelog that notification led was implemented, it still doesn't work for me :(
    I'm aware of the notification led issue, its interlinked to an sepolicy denial from vendor which is quite tricky to address it while we're using the prebuilt/stock vendor. For now you can assume it as a trade off for enforcing builds. I'm working on a fix, once we start a full transition towards an OSS vendor these issues will be more convenient to be addressed.
    Even dev says in dec the 3rd changelog that notification led was implemented, it still doesn't work for me :(
    Update 2021-02-25

ROM changelog: https://arrowos.net/changelog.php

Device changelog:
    • - Fixed weird yellowish tint in some apps
    • - Disabled broken wifi display
    • - Fixed mic in Google Recoder and some another apps
    • - Misc fixes and optimizations changes
    • - Enabled TTL target
    • - Many another optimization in kernel.
    Download:
    Thanks to Adithya R for working on kernel.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone