[NIGHTLIES][ROM] [11.0.0] ArrowOS POCO X3 [OFFICIAL][SURYA][UNIFIED]

Search This thread

Beaster

Feb 20, 2009
i noticed the system takes up to 20gb storage due to the updates i guess, is there any solution to this?
I guess you can always delete old OTA updates 🙂

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210408-190232.png
    Screenshot_20210408-190232.png
    105.1 KB · Views: 74

AngusYoung14

Jul 18, 2019
Ladinia
whatspp messages work, whatsapp voice messages work
phone calling works normally
but whatsapp voice calling is silent (I dont hear the other side and they dont hear me)
Hi I noticed that recording voice messages in Whatsapp and Telegram works fine if no bluetooth device is connected. If a bluetooth device is connected, voice messages sound mute. Don't know if this problem is ROM related. Any hint?

just Nob

Feb 4, 2014
Lägerdorf
One more problem...
It seems that compass doesn't work correct. I tried multiple compass tools, none gave reliable results.
I know that it worked fine several weeks ago.

Can anyone confirm that behaviour?

just Nob

Feb 4, 2014
Lägerdorf
Is there any chance to downgrade to a much older version, e.g. from January or February? I'm sure that the compass problem didn't existed when I had those versions, and I want to exclude that this is a hardware bug.

So I have two questions:
  1. Where to get older versions? The official ArrowOS archive only have younger versions available (a few days old).
  2. Will I run into problems when switching back to versions being such old (some weeks or even month)?

just Nob

Feb 4, 2014
Lägerdorf
Additionally, to rule out that the problem is caused by any Xposed modules (especially XPrivacyLua), I restarted my phone once with LSPosed disabled (in flight mode and without active WLAN, of course), but the result was the same.

channy1210

Apr 6, 2012
I used ArrowOS less than I wanted. Now am on Corvus and volume is really really loud. I have to use it in half for a good experience. Maybe is something in ArrowOS codes. Reporting to their gitlab could give us a solution.
Ganesh has closed the low call volume issue (issue #145) as a non issue. "No such issue. It might be any of your audio mods that you've installed if any. Try performing a clean flash !". I'm pretty sure I had no audio mods installed when i was running ArrowOS. I too have moved over to Corvus rom now, and can definitely say that the audio is nice and loud.

Top Liked Posts

wohhhoooo. After reading the las 10 pages I'm so glad that I did not install ArrowOS 2 weeks before. What a desaster.
    So… there are no way to install it properly?
    You can install it, but under these circumstances it's better to wait till custom recoveries catch up with A11 + OSS vendor device decryption.
    so tell me where is problem:

1. booloader (power + volume down)
    2. installed twrp-3.5.2_10-1-surya.img
    3. recovery (power + volume up)
    4. adb push fw_surya_miui_SURYAGlobal_V12.0.9.0.QJGMIXM_7f83537667_10.0.zip /tmp
    5. install fw_surya_miui_SURYAGlobal_V12.0.9.0.QJGMIXM_7f83537667_10.0.zip
    6. adb push Arrow-v11.0-surya-OFFICIAL-20210514-VANILLA.zip /tmp
    7. install Arrow-v11.0-surya-OFFICIAL-20210514-VANILLA.zip
    8. Wipe - Format Data - yes - Reboot system

After boot:

Sytem UI isn't responding

Bad build or i did some mistake in your Note?
    seriously even after mentioning and highlighting it multiple times you ended up flashing 10 firmware?

Note: YOU HAVE TO FLASH LATEST 11 FIRNWARE!
    seriously even after mentioning and highlighting it multiple times you ended up flashing 10 firmware?

Note: YOU HAVE TO FLASH LATEST 11 FIRNWARE!
    You did as much as you could, some people won't listen...
    Here are the instructions on how you should flash the new OSS Vendor ROM since most people here are confused:

- Flash latest TWRP by brigudav
    - Flash Android 11 12.0.7 MIUI firmware
    - Reboot recovery
    - Format Data
    - Reboot recovery
    - Flash ArrowOS

OPTIONAL:
    - Flash Magisk
    - Flash Gapps (If you're on Vanilla build & If you want custom gapps)

- Reboot system

Download link:
    - Firmware: https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/firmware/surya/stable/V12.0.7.0.RJGEUXM/
    - TWRP: You can find it on 4pda but you need an account. I'm not allowed to share it, so you have to get it yourself.

This firmware is for NFC model as I'm not sure where is A11 firmware for non-NFC model. It can possibly work for non-NFC model, feel free to try.
    So i haven't been around here for a while, after looking at the recent posts many seem to be confused, blaming and do not understand on migrating to OSS builds. In the final MIUI vendor builds the OTA functionality was blocked in order to prevent users from directly updating to OSS builds as it will be needing a MIUI 11 firmware followed by a clean flash. The same has been notified in our device changelogs. Every step and preventive measures have been taken, there's only much i can do from my side in clearing things up. We have this forum and community in place to help each other out, so lets not be pointing fingers here!

Here again i would like to make it clear with a simple guide on how to migrate onto OSS build!

Note: This update will require a CLEAN FLASH (format data), so please backup everything beforehand.
    • Flash the latest available MIUI 11 firmware. (Region doesn't matter!!)
    • Now flash Arrow Vanilla/Gapps build.
    • FORMAT DATA. (You'll loose all your data!)
    • Reboot.
    Beware that the current available recoveries haven't been updated yet to support decryption for OSS builds at this point.
    Lol they deleted It, i downloaded It yesterday. If u quote me tomorrow i can send u the file.
    Can someone please provide a download link for

Arrow-v11.0-surya-OFFICIAL-20210503-VANILLA.zip
    So after having had that mentioned several times by several different users, I think we can consider it CONFIRMED that there is currently no recovery that can deal with A11 + OSS vendor decryption.
    luckily I downloaded it right before it was gone from the download archive
    You can find 20210503 GAPPS version here !

https://we.tl/t-XMEgBUcCZ4 this one is the last update before oss vendor

This situation doesn't build a lot of trust in developer maintenance of online repos, if you ask me...😦
    Start using OSS vendor please
    Too early for that.
    OSS vendor is only useful once the mother company stops releasing any updates.

Till then it is probably going to be worse with more bugs etc.

Also it complicates installation and update procedures (issues with encryption also).

Please do NOT use OSS vendor yet.
    I had exactly the same issue! Was very frustrating and I end up having to wipe everything and start again, losing all my data... (I reverted to 20210503 posted above.
    I decided to go for the new version, but it was still a super frustrating experience. 12.05. didn't have any big warning signs that it requires you to factory reset and I wasn't prepared for that in the middle of the night. Just thought it was a quick update before bed. Instead I spent 2 1/2 hrs looking for a fix and another few hrs setting everything back up today, after a complete wipe. Idk why ROM breaking updates like this are just pushed willy nilly through the updater.

I appreciate all the hard work that goes into developing these ROMs, but the communication is seriously lacking.
    logo.png

ArrowOS

ABOUT
    ArrowOS
    is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    • Almost everything

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    • You tell me
    Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOADS
    POCO X3 (NFC) (surya/karna)

Note: These are enforcing builds. Safety net checks pass out of the box! No need to flash magisk modules, which might in turn break the integrity!

Builds have been unified now under surya codename for both NFC and non-NFC variants

Tip: Select OEM -> Device,choose Arrow version, choose build type: "GAPPS" or "VANILLA" to download.

Instructions
    • Remove any fingerprint, PIN or password in MIUI
    • Unlock the bootloader
    • Transfer ROM to internal storage
    • Install any suitable recovery
    • Flash ROM zip file
    • Do a data wipe in recovery (format data)
    • Reboot to system, wait and enjoy

Read our blog article/post about:
    * GAPPS and VANILLA variants
    * Checking build integrity

ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_kernel_xiaomi_surya

XDA:DevDB Information
    ArrowOS, ROM for the Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC

Contributors
    ganesh varma, kubersharma, palaych
    Source Code: https://github.com/ArrowOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest R firmware
    Based On: AOSP, CAF

Version Information
    Stable
    Stable Release Date: 2020-11-19

Created 2020-11-19
    Last Updated 2020-11-26
    Here are the instructions on how you should flash the new OSS Vendor ROM since most people here are confused:

- Flash latest TWRP by brigudav
    - Flash Android 11 12.0.7 MIUI firmware
    - Reboot recovery
    - Format Data
    - Reboot recovery
    - Flash ArrowOS

OPTIONAL:
    - Flash Magisk
    - Flash Gapps (If you're on Vanilla build & If you want custom gapps)

- Reboot system

Download link:
    - Firmware: https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/firmware/surya/stable/V12.0.7.0.RJGEUXM/
    - TWRP: You can find it on 4pda but you need an account. I'm not allowed to share it, so you have to get it yourself.

This firmware is for NFC model as I'm not sure where is A11 firmware for non-NFC model. It can possibly work for non-NFC model, feel free to try.
    Mission Impossible in all custom ROMs !

1. Safetynet check the bootloader status and will automatically fail if magisk is not installed (Magisk Hide ON must be applied for this) !

2. Furthermore, now you have to install the safetynet-fix module to make your banking apps working !

3. Finally, you must hide Magisk Manager.apk with a random name too (Magisk Settings)
    To everyone, please STOP this misconception about having the need to flash magisk in order to pass safety net. Do read the OP I've clearly mentioned there's no need of a magisk or modules for safety net. Device is certified and passes safety net out of the box without need of any modifications.

By improper usage of magisk and mods you're further complicating and breaking things when they're completely unnecessary which end up causing unrelated issues which you end up calling them rom source bugs ¯\(◉‿◉)/¯

P.S : I'm not against magisk, but when you do prefer using modifications do ask yourself on your needs and if you're able to rectify the issues it might generate. Isolate yourself from magisk or any form of modifications to recheck and confirm the issue before making a bug report.
    So i haven't been around here for a while, after looking at the recent posts many seem to be confused, blaming and do not understand on migrating to OSS builds. In the final MIUI vendor builds the OTA functionality was blocked in order to prevent users from directly updating to OSS builds as it will be needing a MIUI 11 firmware followed by a clean flash. The same has been notified in our device changelogs. Every step and preventive measures have been taken, there's only much i can do from my side in clearing things up. We have this forum and community in place to help each other out, so lets not be pointing fingers here!

Here again i would like to make it clear with a simple guide on how to migrate onto OSS build!

Note: This update will require a CLEAN FLASH (format data), so please backup everything beforehand.
    • Flash the latest available MIUI 11 firmware. (Region doesn't matter!!)
    • Now flash Arrow Vanilla/Gapps build.
    • FORMAT DATA. (You'll loose all your data!)
    • Reboot.
    Beware that the current available recoveries haven't been updated yet to support decryption for OSS builds at this point.
    Even dev says in dec the 3rd changelog that notification led was implemented, it still doesn't work for me :(
    I'm aware of the notification led issue, its interlinked to an sepolicy denial from vendor which is quite tricky to address it while we're using the prebuilt/stock vendor. For now you can assume it as a trade off for enforcing builds. I'm working on a fix, once we start a full transition towards an OSS vendor these issues will be more convenient to be addressed.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone