[NIGHTLIES][ROM] [11.0.0] ArrowOS POCO X3 [OFFICIAL][SURYA][UNIFIED]

Search This thread

bupeapoop

Apr 5, 2021
OAndBackupX for app and app-data backup, OrangeFox for boot and data partition backup.

AFAIK full nandroid backup isn't supported (yet) because of the dynamic super-partition, see here:

[GUIDE] Backup / Restore function in Poco X3 recoveries [OrangeFOX / TWRP]

OAndBackupX requires Root Access in order to backup individual apps and their data. Right now, I have ArrowOS GAPPS Build without Root Access installed. This option was chosen as I'm frequently using my local banking apps these days and I used to have trouble with Rooted ROMs in the past.

What would be my best option here as I want to backup my apps in the event of a clean install in the future? Would unrooting the phone prevent me from accessing my local banking apps? I cannot afford to lose access as this is really important to me. Please advise.

Master One

Jan 31, 2011
Europe
OAndBackupX requires Root Access in order to backup individual apps and their data. Right now, I have ArrowOS GAPPS Build without Root Access installed. This option was chosen as I'm frequently using my local banking apps these days and I used to have trouble with Rooted ROMs in the past.

What would be my best option here as I want to backup my apps in the event of a clean install in the future? Would unrooting the phone prevent me from accessing my local banking apps? I cannot afford to lose access as this is really important to me. Please advise.
I'm using quite a few banking and government apps, and all except two coop well with root provided by Magisk using the Magisk Hide feature.

You will not be able to make a full backup of apps with app-data without root.

peacemaker885

Jan 1, 2017
I apologize if this has been asked before, but I am unable to flash the latest update. When I boot into TWRP, it doesn’t ask for pin and thus doesn’t unencrypted the data. I end up seeeing the directories but they are all garbled and encrypted. Do I re-flash twrp? If so what version? Lastly, why did this happen if I was able to unencrypted without issue when I flashed Arrow in the first place?

Reactions: OffensiveBias

peacemaker885

Jan 1, 2017
I apologize if this has been asked before, but I am unable to flash the latest update. When I boot into TWRP, it doesn’t ask for pin and thus doesn’t unencrypted the data. I end up seeeing the directories but they are all garbled and encrypted. Do I re-flash twrp? If so what version? Lastly, why did this happen if I was able to unencrypted without issue when I flashed Arrow in the first place?
Found the answer - remove pin! Thank you! ArrowOS is working perfectly for me.

Reactions: OffensiveBias

yawarkhalid

May 27, 2016
Has anyone been able to install AnxCamera on the Arrow OS for Poco X3 NFC?

If so, whats the feedback? Is it completely stable? Whats working and whats not and how did you install?

AngusYoung14

Jul 18, 2019
Ladinia
Sorry for this stupid question. After every ROM update I need to reflash Nanodroid to get MicroG working. In order to do this, I have to remove screen lock to see my files and folders in OrangeFox and after that I have to reset all the fingerprints previously saved. I'm sure there's a quicker and better way to achieve this...

fox_xda2

Oct 31, 2016
Sorry for this stupid question. After every ROM update I need to reflash Nanodroid to get MicroG working. In order to do this, I have to remove screen lock to see my files and folders in OrangeFox and after that I have to reset all the fingerprints previously saved. I'm sure there's a quicker and better way to achieve this...
Using twrp 3.5 by mahajant99 works with encrypted partitions.

Eric.Ramirez

Nov 8, 2018
Hello everyone, I'm sorry in advance if this has been already posted. I've been using this ROM for 3 days now, and since day one, I use my earbuds and one sounds at lower volume than the other, and at first I thought it was my earbuds problem, so I made sure to properly clean them, but it wasn't that, and I confirmed that 'cause sometimes, the other earbud now sounds lower.

When using both, and then putting the low volume-sounding one in their case, the one at normal volume just gets low as the one I just took away. Any idea of why this happens? I'm coming from PE and this didn't happened. Thanks in advance for your help!

just Nob

Feb 4, 2014
Lägerdorf
Already mentioned above, if your country is not whitelisted in the dialer code, there is no easy way to enable the call recorder. There is more on that issue when searching for "LineageOS call recorder".
I just want to pick up this issue one more time.
I searched the web a little, and there is at least one patch solution (haven't tried that until now).

But as far as I got it, LineageOS implemented the "recording per country" option first time in LOS 15.
I'm pretty sure that I had an official LOS 16.0 on my BQ Aquaris X Pro before its display died (R.I.P. :cry:), and that I found a Magisk module that enabled the call recording button on the dialer - and it worked very well (although it was only stated to work with LOS 14 & 15, as far as I remember)!

Anyway, I wanted to test it, but I'm not able to find it anbymore.
Does anyone know that module as well (and have it still availiable somewhere), and if so, is it working for the ArrowOS on Poco X3?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Start using OSS vendor please
    Too early for that.
    OSS vendor is only useful once the mother company stops releasing any updates.

Till then it is probably going to be worse with more bugs etc.

Also it complicates installation and update procedures (issues with encryption also).

Please do NOT use OSS vendor yet.
    This may be a stupid question, but I'll ask anyway:

We are using the latest nightly of ArrowOS 11 VANILLA + Magisk Stable + microG on our POCO X3 NFC phones, and I tried to install Call of Duty®: Mobile on the phone of our eldest son, but it just wont work. When started, it first shows a white pop-up with text missing, and after clicking on OK and granting required permissions it just quits or crashes.

I don't have the time to analyze this any further, but my son really wants to play that game and is quite disappointed about his new phone because of that.

Anyone any idea what the issue may be?
    Just installed for you to try it's working or not. It's working on GAPPS version of the rom. So try flashing GAPPS one.
    The problem I am experiencing triggers exactly at the moment of trying to return to the Android Auto interface on the headunit: if my phone's screen is on, then it works. If the screen is off, then Android Auto crashes and Error 11 is received.

I tried deleting caches, data, I checked battery optimization was off for Android Auto. I even formatted my device, and nothing.

I just flashed Pixel Experience and the problem is gone...
    What a pity.

You're not alone mate, I am having the exact same issue. It's definitely an issue with the ROM, android auto connects fine when phone screen is on, turn off phone screen then try to do something else (like change radio station) before returning to android auto on the head unit and the communication error 11 occurs.

From my own experience I found this issue also occurred on the old WaveOS 4.1 ROM, however it didn't on the WaveOS 4.3 ROM. It sounds like aLexzkter also found the bug does not occur on the Pixel Experience ROM.

Here's is my logcat retrieved by MatLog, this ROM is perfect besides this issue, I would love if this could be fixed!
    Apologies if this is not the correct way to submit logs, never had to before.

logs-2021-05-03-12-48-01.zip on Google Drive
    logs-2021-05-03-12-48-01.zip on File.io
    Bug:

Other than the visual bug at charging, phone mic, speaker and volume up button stop reponding at battery below 5 and now devices reboots at least twice a day for no reason. Anyone else facing this?
    suggestion, get rid of gallery go and any other google app when installing the vanilla build. no interest in google apps when opting not to install them.q
    logo.png

ArrowOS

ABOUT
    ArrowOS
    is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    • Almost everything

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    • You tell me
    Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOADS
    POCO X3 (NFC) (surya/karna)

Note: These are enforcing builds. Safety net checks pass out of the box! No need to flash magisk modules, which might in turn break the integrity!

Builds have been unified now under surya codename for both NFC and non-NFC variants

Tip: Select OEM -> Device,choose Arrow version, choose build type: "GAPPS" or "VANILLA" to download.

Instructions
    • Remove any fingerprint, PIN or password in MIUI
    • Unlock the bootloader
    • Transfer ROM to internal storage
    • Install any suitable recovery
    • Flash ROM zip file
    • Do a data wipe in recovery (format data)
    • Reboot to system, wait and enjoy

Read our blog article/post about:
    * GAPPS and VANILLA variants
    * Checking build integrity

ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_kernel_xiaomi_surya

XDA:DevDB Information
    ArrowOS, ROM for the Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC

Contributors
    ganesh varma, kubersharma, palaych
    Source Code: https://github.com/ArrowOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest Q firmware / vendor
    Based On: AOSP, CAF

Version Information
    Stable
    Stable Release Date: 2020-11-19

Created 2020-11-19
    Last Updated 2020-11-26
    Mission Impossible in all custom ROMs !

1. Safetynet check the bootloader status and will automatically fail if magisk is not installed (Magisk Hide ON must be applied for this) !

2. Furthermore, now you have to install the safetynet-fix module to make your banking apps working !

3. Finally, you must hide Magisk Manager.apk with a random name too (Magisk Settings)
    To everyone, please STOP this misconception about having the need to flash magisk in order to pass safety net. Do read the OP I've clearly mentioned there's no need of a magisk or modules for safety net. Device is certified and passes safety net out of the box without need of any modifications.

By improper usage of magisk and mods you're further complicating and breaking things when they're completely unnecessary which end up causing unrelated issues which you end up calling them rom source bugs ¯\(◉‿◉)/¯

P.S : I'm not against magisk, but when you do prefer using modifications do ask yourself on your needs and if you're able to rectify the issues it might generate. Isolate yourself from magisk or any form of modifications to recheck and confirm the issue before making a bug report.
    Even dev says in dec the 3rd changelog that notification led was implemented, it still doesn't work for me :(
    I'm aware of the notification led issue, its interlinked to an sepolicy denial from vendor which is quite tricky to address it while we're using the prebuilt/stock vendor. For now you can assume it as a trade off for enforcing builds. I'm working on a fix, once we start a full transition towards an OSS vendor these issues will be more convenient to be addressed.
    Even dev says in dec the 3rd changelog that notification led was implemented, it still doesn't work for me :(
    Update 2021-02-25

ROM changelog: https://arrowos.net/changelog.php

Device changelog:
    • - Fixed weird yellowish tint in some apps
    • - Disabled broken wifi display
    • - Fixed mic in Google Recoder and some another apps
    • - Misc fixes and optimizations changes
    • - Enabled TTL target
    • - Many another optimization in kernel.
    Download:
    Thanks to Adithya R for working on kernel.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone