[NIGHTLIES][ROM] [11.0.0] ArrowOS POCO X3 [OFFICIAL][SURYA][UNIFIED]

Search This thread

jjcdennis

• Jun 20, 2015
    Toronto
    I know that there is an issue with Magisk/Google Api right now on rooted phones. The dev is working on it (April 15). I reset my phone on Sunday and did not root it with Magisk. I uninstalled Magisk before resetting.
    I'm still failing Safetynet with this error, fail (response payload validation failed).
    I also get an app error with a Toyota app that I need - "The Toyota app does not support rooted devices." So minus Magisk I should not be/or test as rooted? Maybe this is triggered by the unlocked phone.
    I checked on the Arrow Github page and didn't see any Magisk issues posted. Are other users having this issue.

Sterilmikrop

Jun 29, 2020
    I know that there is an issue with Magisk/Google Api right now on rooted phones. The dev is working on it (April 15). I reset my phone on Sunday and did not root it with Magisk. I uninstalled Magisk before resetting.
    I'm still failing Safetynet with this error, fail (response payload validation failed).
    I also get an app error with a Toyota app that I need - "The Toyota app does not support rooted devices." So minus Magisk I should not be/or test as rooted? Maybe this is triggered by the unlocked phone.
    I checked on the Arrow Github page and didn't see any Magisk issues posted. Are other users having this issue.
    Stromberg kernel passed validation, but validation failed, arrow os kernel could not be verified, tried beta and last stable update

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210419-163325.png
      Screenshot_20210419-163325.png
      74.5 KB · Views: 27

DamnNear

Mar 15, 2021
    Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
    As mentioned in a previous reply, Magisk still hasn't updated the app with new API keys yet so safteynet check will fail but, using other apps to check will pass safteynet.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210419-181158.png
      Screenshot_20210419-181158.png
      124.7 KB · Views: 39

SkaboXD

Jan 18, 2017
    Ganja
    Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
    I can't boot latest 19/4/2021 build with correct instalation method (format data, reboot to recovery, flash 12.0.8 vendor & firmware, reboot recovery, flash ArrowOS vanilla, reboot to system). I'm using OFox recovery latest by ManoloRey, surya (nfc) model. Before flashing I was trying PixelExperience & WaveOS which are based on A11 vendor. Could this be related to ARP? How to get back?

Edit: ROM works great, it's not the issue. I solved the problem by flashing MIUI fastboot ROM through Mi Flash Tool before flashing ArrowOS.

Last edited:

turbanov

Aug 22, 2014
    Very strange behavior on my POCO X3 NFC,
    on a 3rd-day of usage I got no sound (can't even level it up with a volume+ button)
    wi-fi has also stopped working completely.

What could cause such issues? The last thing I did prior to this happening was install Google Find My Phone app from Play Store. Could that be a problem? Logcat doesn't seem to have any errors relating to this...

UPDATE #1. I'm getting these strange errors in the logcat:

APM: AudioPolicyEngine getDevicesForStrategy() unknown strategy: -1

and also

soundtrigger
    invalid input device 0x0, for event 2

UPDATE #2. The issue is resolved now and was because of low battery level. Seems like some of the services are turned off on a hardware level.

Last edited:

tristansereno

• Apr 19, 2021
    Installing other custom rom works perfectly fine for me, but idk, whenever I install ArrowOS on my device I always come to a bootlop and stucked at that green android logo before the arrow one. Then it reboots itself repeatedly, not going to recovery nor fastboot. Just repeatedly rebooting to that one. What can I do?

ramnoob

• Sep 14, 2014
    lahore
    Hi, anyone facing the issue of low voice recording in apps ? Mic records low sounds but in camera audio recording is clear and loud enough. Any solutions?
    Edit: cleared assistant data and turned off the hello google and now issue is gone. Can i still use ok google and not face this issue?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Start using OSS vendor please
      Too early for that.
      OSS vendor is only useful once the mother company stops releasing any updates.

Till then it is probably going to be worse with more bugs etc.

Also it complicates installation and update procedures (issues with encryption also).

Please do NOT use OSS vendor yet.
      This may be a stupid question, but I'll ask anyway:

We are using the latest nightly of ArrowOS 11 VANILLA + Magisk Stable + microG on our POCO X3 NFC phones, and I tried to install Call of Duty®: Mobile on the phone of our eldest son, but it just wont work. When started, it first shows a white pop-up with text missing, and after clicking on OK and granting required permissions it just quits or crashes.

I don't have the time to analyze this any further, but my son really wants to play that game and is quite disappointed about his new phone because of that.

Anyone any idea what the issue may be?
      Just installed for you to try it's working or not. It's working on GAPPS version of the rom. So try flashing GAPPS one.
      The problem I am experiencing triggers exactly at the moment of trying to return to the Android Auto interface on the headunit: if my phone's screen is on, then it works. If the screen is off, then Android Auto crashes and Error 11 is received.

I tried deleting caches, data, I checked battery optimization was off for Android Auto. I even formatted my device, and nothing.

I just flashed Pixel Experience and the problem is gone...
      What a pity.

You're not alone mate, I am having the exact same issue. It's definitely an issue with the ROM, android auto connects fine when phone screen is on, turn off phone screen then try to do something else (like change radio station) before returning to android auto on the head unit and the communication error 11 occurs.

From my own experience I found this issue also occurred on the old WaveOS 4.1 ROM, however it didn't on the WaveOS 4.3 ROM. It sounds like aLexzkter also found the bug does not occur on the Pixel Experience ROM.

Here's is my logcat retrieved by MatLog, this ROM is perfect besides this issue, I would love if this could be fixed!
      Apologies if this is not the correct way to submit logs, never had to before.

logs-2021-05-03-12-48-01.zip on Google Drive
      logs-2021-05-03-12-48-01.zip on File.io
      Bug:

Other than the visual bug at charging, phone mic, speaker and volume up button stop reponding at battery below 5 and now devices reboots at least twice a day for no reason. Anyone else facing this?
      suggestion, get rid of gallery go and any other google app when installing the vanilla build. no interest in google apps when opting not to install them.q
      logo.png

ArrowOS

ABOUT
      ArrowOS
      is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
      Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
      Code Review: review.arrowos.net
      E-mail: arrowos.contact
      PayPal: Donate to us
      Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
      • Almost everything

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
      • You tell me
      Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOADS
      POCO X3 (NFC) (surya/karna)

Note: These are enforcing builds. Safety net checks pass out of the box! No need to flash magisk modules, which might in turn break the integrity!

Builds have been unified now under surya codename for both NFC and non-NFC variants

Tip: Select OEM -> Device,choose Arrow version, choose build type: "GAPPS" or "VANILLA" to download.

Instructions
      • Remove any fingerprint, PIN or password in MIUI
      • Unlock the bootloader
      • Transfer ROM to internal storage
      • Install any suitable recovery
      • Flash ROM zip file
      • Do a data wipe in recovery (format data)
      • Reboot to system, wait and enjoy

Read our blog article/post about:
      * GAPPS and VANILLA variants
      * Checking build integrity

ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS
      Kernel Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_kernel_xiaomi_surya

XDA:DevDB Information
      ArrowOS, ROM for the Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC

Contributors
      ganesh varma, kubersharma, palaych
      Source Code: https://github.com/ArrowOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
      ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
      ROM Firmware Required: Latest Q firmware / vendor
      Based On: AOSP, CAF

Version Information
      Stable
      Stable Release Date: 2020-11-19

Created 2020-11-19
      Last Updated 2020-11-26
      Mission Impossible in all custom ROMs !

1. Safetynet check the bootloader status and will automatically fail if magisk is not installed (Magisk Hide ON must be applied for this) !

2. Furthermore, now you have to install the safetynet-fix module to make your banking apps working !

3. Finally, you must hide Magisk Manager.apk with a random name too (Magisk Settings)
      To everyone, please STOP this misconception about having the need to flash magisk in order to pass safety net. Do read the OP I've clearly mentioned there's no need of a magisk or modules for safety net. Device is certified and passes safety net out of the box without need of any modifications.

By improper usage of magisk and mods you're further complicating and breaking things when they're completely unnecessary which end up causing unrelated issues which you end up calling them rom source bugs ¯\(◉‿◉)/¯

P.S : I'm not against magisk, but when you do prefer using modifications do ask yourself on your needs and if you're able to rectify the issues it might generate. Isolate yourself from magisk or any form of modifications to recheck and confirm the issue before making a bug report.
      Even dev says in dec the 3rd changelog that notification led was implemented, it still doesn't work for me :(
      I'm aware of the notification led issue, its interlinked to an sepolicy denial from vendor which is quite tricky to address it while we're using the prebuilt/stock vendor. For now you can assume it as a trade off for enforcing builds. I'm working on a fix, once we start a full transition towards an OSS vendor these issues will be more convenient to be addressed.
      Even dev says in dec the 3rd changelog that notification led was implemented, it still doesn't work for me :(
      Update 2021-02-25

ROM changelog: https://arrowos.net/changelog.php

Device changelog:
      • - Fixed weird yellowish tint in some apps
      • - Disabled broken wifi display
      • - Fixed mic in Google Recoder and some another apps
      • - Misc fixes and optimizations changes
      • - Enabled TTL target
      • - Many another optimization in kernel.
      Download:
      Thanks to Adithya R for working on kernel.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone