[NIGHTLIES][ROM] [11.0.0] ArrowOS POCO X3 [OFFICIAL][SURYA][UNIFIED]

Search This thread

SkaboXD

Jan 18, 2017
Ganja
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
suggestion, get rid of gallery go and any other google app when installing the vanilla build. no interest in google apps when opting not to install them.q
Only Google Camera Lite is present in vanilla build but it still can be deleted with root if you wish. Simple Gallery is the default app for ArrowOS. And it's the best choice tbh. It's so fast, nice looking and smooth with a lot of options unlike it's Google counterpart.

Porcupine1

Dec 14, 2017
@ganesh varma found a bug, I mean night light intensity - When is activated works great till i turn of and on screen again. After that is much weaker, at this moment im on default kernel but with optimus drunk is the same. Please check it brother. Thank you so so much.

J-Mizzle

Jan 21, 2017
jmizzle.com
Only Google Camera Lite is present in vanilla build but it still can be deleted with root if you wish. Simple Gallery is the default app for ArrowOS. And it's the best choice tbh. It's so fast, nice looking and smooth with a lot of options unlike it's Google counterpart.
I thought it was gallery go but the same goes for the Google camera or any other Google app tho, no Google apps should be included by default on vanilla builds. That's what gapps are for. +1 on Simple Gallery tho, I use that and their calculator app.

Reactions: InContext

AcaSia0388

Mar 27, 2016
Arrow ROM is the best.

1. There is no automatic recording function in the phone app. Can you add it??

2. I am currently staying on Android 11 version Miyu 12.0.8

Is the latest firmware for Android 11 compatible??

aga456

• Apr 23, 2021
    Hi Guys,

I have tried to read the full forum as i am new to this i have a few questions. Please help:-

1 - Which to use OrangeFox or TWRP?
    2 - Will installing/using the above root my phone by default?
    3 - What is the latest stable build for Arrow OS POCO X3?
    4 - Best way to Unlock the Bootloader - Please Guide
    5 - I don't want to root my phone but what to install Arrow OS is it possible?
    6 - Do you require the MIUI Firmware too before installing Arrow OS? Why are we flashing MIUI before Arrow OS.What is "Flash the latest firmware + vendor"?
    7 - Please guide if the install process is different than what is mentioned in the 1st Page - i am on POCO X3 (Karna) 12.0.5, i am a Noob at this.
    a. Unlock Boot Loader
    b. Install Custom Recovery (OrangeFox/TWRP)
    c. Confused do I have to Flash MIUI latest Firmware when I already om on MIUI?
    d. follow instruction on the 1st Page.
    e. Done

Thanks Again

Reactions: Porcupine1

DamnNear

Mar 15, 2021
    Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
    Hi Guys,

I have tried to read the full forum as i am new to this i have a few questions. Please help:-

1 - Which to use OrangeFox or TWRP?
    2 - Will installing/using the above root my phone by default?
    3 - What is the latest stable build for Arrow OS POCO X3?
    4 - Best way to Unlock the Bootloader - Please Guide
    5 - I don't want to root my phone but what to install Arrow OS is it possible?
    6 - Do you require the MIUI Firmware too before installing Arrow OS? Why are we flashing MIUI before Arrow OS.What is "Flash the latest firmware + vendor"?
    7 - Please guide if the install process is different than what is mentioned in the 1st Page - i am on POCO X3 (Karna) 12.0.5, i am a Noob at this.
    a. Unlock Boot Loader
    b. Install Custom Recovery (OrangeFox/TWRP)
    c. Confused do I have to Flash MIUI latest Firmware when I already om on MIUI?
    d. follow instruction on the 1st Page.
    e. Done

Thanks Again
    First things first, you must unlock the bootloader before doing anything: YOUTUBE GUIDE (takes 7 days to unlock)

Note: Remove all passwords and fingerprint from security settings in MIUI before flashing a new ROM.

Second step is flashing a custom recovery: OrangeFox is most stable feature rich: XDA THREAD (LATEST UPDATE)

Third step is installing a custom ROM, since we are here then it should be ArrowOS.

Last step is the root, ArrowOS is NOT rooted by default, for that you need Magisk: Github Repository, you should download "Magisk-v22.1.apk" rename it to "Magisk-v22.1.zip" and flash it in OrangeFox recovery.

Reactions: aga456

bibiwood

Jul 29, 2013
    I just installed this ROM and I'm very impressed by it, especially the smart charging features, like stop charging when a battery percentage is reached.
    I would like to go even farther, do you have an idea if it's possible on Android to limit the charging current, for example to 500mA max ?

Immortal68

Feb 5, 2013
    Koblenz
    Just reporting that on today's version (23.04.2021). Magisk 22.1 does not pass SafetyNet.

Edit: The fix is, as Alin45 said in his answer, installing magisk Canary, opening magisk and reinstalling root through direct install. After a reboot SafetyNet should pass w/o problems.

Last edited:

ramnoob

• Sep 14, 2014
    lahore
    Hey, anyone noticed that the font when changed from the styles and wallpapers doesn't really change it system wide, it changes it only for the UI elements of the rom but whole phone fonts dont change, is that only with the arrow or all aosp roms?

Makuhita22

Apr 14, 2021
    Before the root there are no problems with banking applications. After the root I only had to hide Magisk from the settings and the banking applications did not detect it. The safetynet test with or without root, it always passes the test.

What test did you run from the terminal?, to try it in mine and give you my results.
    Thanks for answering! I think I pulled KMSG something like this cat /proc /kmsg

omjahat

Jan 10, 2021
    hi everyone especially dev.

awesome rom!!

i want to ask, sorry if this is noob questions.

it is ok if update from updater OTA?
    or i must flash update from recovery?

many thanks. reply are appreciated.

Top Liked Posts

Here are the instructions on how you should flash the new OSS Vendor ROM since most people here are confused:

- Flash latest TWRP by brigudav
      - Flash Android 11 12.0.7 MIUI firmware
      - Reboot recovery
      - Format Data
      - Reboot recovery
      - Flash ArrowOS

OPTIONAL:
      - Flash Magisk
      - Flash Gapps (If you're on Vanilla build & If you want custom gapps)

- Reboot system

Download link:
      - Firmware: https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/firmware/surya/stable/V12.0.7.0.RJGEUXM/
      - TWRP: You can find it on 4pda but you need an account. I'm not allowed to share it, so you have to get it yourself.

This firmware is for NFC model as I'm not sure where is A11 firmware for non-NFC model. It can possibly work for non-NFC model, feel free to try.
      Thanks for the instructions. I'm going to use twrp then, I thought orangefox was recommended for updating arrowos.
      Not since the latest TWRP seems to be the only one right now that can deal with A11+OSS device decryption.
      which release is oss version? and which is miui vendor version?
      2021-05-10 is new oss version
      2021-05-03 is miui version
      Thanks for the instructions. I'm going to use twrp then, I thought orangefox was recommended for updating arrowos.
      Here are the instructions on how you should flash the new OSS Vendor ROM since most people here are confused:

- Flash Android 11 12.0.7 MIUI firmware
      - Reboot recovery
      - Format Data
      - Reboot recovery
      - Flash ArrowOS

OPTIONAL:
      - Flash Magisk
      - Flash Gapps (If you're on Vanilla build & If you want custom gapps)

- Reboot system

Download link:
      - Firmware: https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/firmware/surya/stable/V12.0.7.0.RJGEUXM/
      - TWRP: You can find it on 4pda but you need an account. I'm not allowed to share it, so you have to get it yourself.

This firmware is for NFC model as I'm not sure where is A11 firmware for non-NFC model. It can possibly work for non-NFC model, feel free to try.
      Start using OSS vendor please
      Too early for that.
      OSS vendor is only useful once the mother company stops releasing any updates.

Till then it is probably going to be worse with more bugs etc.

Also it complicates installation and update procedures (issues with encryption also).

Please do NOT use OSS vendor yet.
      twrp-3.5.2_10-1-surya from brigudav works perfect with A11.
      The problem I am experiencing triggers exactly at the moment of trying to return to the Android Auto interface on the headunit: if my phone's screen is on, then it works. If the screen is off, then Android Auto crashes and Error 11 is received.

I tried deleting caches, data, I checked battery optimization was off for Android Auto. I even formatted my device, and nothing.

I just flashed Pixel Experience and the problem is gone...
      What a pity.

You're not alone mate, I am having the exact same issue. It's definitely an issue with the ROM, android auto connects fine when phone screen is on, turn off phone screen then try to do something else (like change radio station) before returning to android auto on the head unit and the communication error 11 occurs.

From my own experience I found this issue also occurred on the old WaveOS 4.1 ROM, however it didn't on the WaveOS 4.3 ROM. It sounds like aLexzkter also found the bug does not occur on the Pixel Experience ROM.

Here's is my logcat retrieved by MatLog, this ROM is perfect besides this issue, I would love if this could be fixed!
      Apologies if this is not the correct way to submit logs, never had to before.

logs-2021-05-03-12-48-01.zip on Google Drive
      logs-2021-05-03-12-48-01.zip on File.io
      Don't get too comfortable, ArrowOS is soon moving to OSS Vendor builds which will require a clean flash, the current build will be the last on stock vendor.

logo.png

ArrowOS

ABOUT
      ArrowOS
      is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
      Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
      Code Review: review.arrowos.net
      E-mail: arrowos.contact
      PayPal: Donate to us
      Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
      • Almost everything

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
      • You tell me
      Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOADS
      POCO X3 (NFC) (surya/karna)

Note: These are enforcing builds. Safety net checks pass out of the box! No need to flash magisk modules, which might in turn break the integrity!

Builds have been unified now under surya codename for both NFC and non-NFC variants

Tip: Select OEM -> Device,choose Arrow version, choose build type: "GAPPS" or "VANILLA" to download.

Instructions
      • Remove any fingerprint, PIN or password in MIUI
      • Unlock the bootloader
      • Transfer ROM to internal storage
      • Install any suitable recovery
      • Flash ROM zip file
      • Do a data wipe in recovery (format data)
      • Reboot to system, wait and enjoy

Read our blog article/post about:
      * GAPPS and VANILLA variants
      * Checking build integrity

ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS
      Kernel Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_kernel_xiaomi_surya

XDA:DevDB Information
      ArrowOS, ROM for the Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC

Contributors
      ganesh varma, kubersharma, palaych
      Source Code: https://github.com/ArrowOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
      ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
      ROM Firmware Required: Latest R firmware
      Based On: AOSP, CAF

Version Information
      Stable
      Stable Release Date: 2020-11-19

Created 2020-11-19
      Last Updated 2020-11-26
      Mission Impossible in all custom ROMs !

1. Safetynet check the bootloader status and will automatically fail if magisk is not installed (Magisk Hide ON must be applied for this) !

2. Furthermore, now you have to install the safetynet-fix module to make your banking apps working !

3. Finally, you must hide Magisk Manager.apk with a random name too (Magisk Settings)
      To everyone, please STOP this misconception about having the need to flash magisk in order to pass safety net. Do read the OP I've clearly mentioned there's no need of a magisk or modules for safety net. Device is certified and passes safety net out of the box without need of any modifications.

By improper usage of magisk and mods you're further complicating and breaking things when they're completely unnecessary which end up causing unrelated issues which you end up calling them rom source bugs ¯\(◉‿◉)/¯

P.S : I'm not against magisk, but when you do prefer using modifications do ask yourself on your needs and if you're able to rectify the issues it might generate. Isolate yourself from magisk or any form of modifications to recheck and confirm the issue before making a bug report.
      Even dev says in dec the 3rd changelog that notification led was implemented, it still doesn't work for me :(
      I'm aware of the notification led issue, its interlinked to an sepolicy denial from vendor which is quite tricky to address it while we're using the prebuilt/stock vendor. For now you can assume it as a trade off for enforcing builds. I'm working on a fix, once we start a full transition towards an OSS vendor these issues will be more convenient to be addressed.
      Even dev says in dec the 3rd changelog that notification led was implemented, it still doesn't work for me :(
      Update 2021-02-25

ROM changelog: https://arrowos.net/changelog.php

Device changelog:
      • - Fixed weird yellowish tint in some apps
      • - Disabled broken wifi display
      • - Fixed mic in Google Recoder and some another apps
      • - Misc fixes and optimizations changes
      • - Enabled TTL target
      • - Many another optimization in kernel.
      Download:
      Thanks to Adithya R for working on kernel.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone