• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[NIGHTLY][Full HWA] CyanogenMod 9 [4.0.4][Kernel: cmhtcleo/tytung]

Search This thread

ph03n!x

Dec 18, 2010
hhmmm we didnt change anything. did you change your lcd density?
Ah! That could be it. I used to have 240, am now on 160 (and loving it!). Let me try going back to 240 and see if that is what it is, will keep this post updated.

EDIT: Yes, that was the problem. If I use 240dpi I get the menu like it was earlier. With 160 dpi, I dont!!! :(
Is there anyway to make it behave the same in both the resolutions?

Last edited:

Dr_Grip

Jul 23, 2011
EDIT: Yes, that was the problem. If I use 240dpi I get the menu like it was earlier. With 160 dpi, I dont!!! :(
Is there anyway to make it behave the same in both the resolutions?

As far as I know CM9 is supposed to be multi-dpi capable. If that's true it means you found a device-independent upstream bug. I'd report it with the CM team.

Reactions: ph03n!x

ph03n!x

Dec 18, 2010
As far as I know CM9 is supposed to be multi-dpi capable. If that's true it means you found a device-independent upstream bug. I'd report it with the CM team.

If it is not too much trouble, can you try too please? With 240dpi, please look up Settings > System > Notification Drawer, and then the same setting at 160dpi. I just want someone else to confirm too :)

milaq

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2009
milaq.net

unfortunately...not really. we are just building it with multidpi support ;)

If it is not too much trouble, can you try too please? With 240dpi, please look up Settings > System > Notification Drawer, and then the same setting at 160dpi. I just want someone else to confirm too :)

i can confirm this.
it is due to checks in the cmsettings code.

have a look at line 57ff in https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andr...roid/settings/cyanogenmod/SystemSettings.java

this results in hiding the option on mdpi.

Reactions: Burag

ph03n!x

Dec 18, 2010
unfortunately...not really. we are just building it with multidpi support ;)

i can confirm this.
it is due to checks in the cmsettings code.

have a look at line 57ff in https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andr...roid/settings/cyanogenmod/SystemSettings.java

this results in hiding the option on mdpi.

If I understand the code right, will compiling after removing/ commenting out the following lines gives us the same behavior in 160dpi as well?
Code:
if (Utils.isScreenLarge()) { getPreferenceScreen().removePreference(findPreference(KEY_NOTIFICATION_DRAWER)); } else { getPreferenceScreen().removePreference(findPreference(KEY_NOTIFICATION_DRAWER_TABLET)); }

Swyped from my HTC HD2 using XDA app

Dr_Grip

Jul 23, 2011
If I understand the code right, will compiling after removing/ commenting out the following lines gives us the same behavior in 160dpi as well?
Code:
if (Utils.isScreenLarge()) { getPreferenceScreen().removePreference(findPreference(KEY_NOTIFICATION_DRAWER)); } else { getPreferenceScreen().removePreference(findPreference(KEY_NOTIFICATION_DRAWER_TABLET)); }
Looks like that might work. But I guess the code is there for a reason, so I would not be surprised if weird things happen to your preferences menu in 160dpi.

Reactions: ph03n!x

kylew1212

Dec 1, 2011
Alabama
www.memoryx2.com
kyle, disconnect all external usb devices to narrow the list down. Then run the manufacturer names of everything that you can't identify in lsusb through google.

It is one of these three:
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0408:1fb2 Quanta Computer, Inc. ##Web Cam
Bus 002 Device 004: ID 064e:3030 Suyin Corp. ##Mouse Pad
Bus 002 Device 005: ID 0489:e010 Foxconn / Hon Hai ##Blue Tooth

If you can eliminate any of these by unplugging devices, much will be won.

Unfortunately it is none of these three. I searched and found that these are ##bold, and modified in your quote.

The crazy thing is, after researching I found that the driver actually works! But theirs a catch. The memory card has to be inserted before the computer is booted otherwise it never recoginizes anything?????

Any Suggestions? I have search like crazy but found nothing. :/

Thanks,
Kylew1212

Dr_Grip

Jul 23, 2011
Unfortunately it is none of these three. I searched and found that these are ##bold, and modified in your quote.

The crazy thing is, after researching I found that the driver actually works! But theirs a catch. The memory card has to be inserted before the computer is booted otherwise it never recoginizes anything?????

Any Suggestions? I have search like crazy but found nothing. :/

the "lsmod" commands lists you all modules installed by the kernel. Run it with and without the card reader installed, check for differences. If you found a difference, that's the driver module for the card reader. Try installing it manually using "sudo insmod MODULENAME".

Additionally, are you sure it's a matter of the card reader not being recognized and not of the filesystem on the memory card not getting mounted?

Dr_Grip

Jul 23, 2011
No I do not know which it is. How can I tell?

Thanks

Sent from my NexusHD2 using xda premium

use the "mount" command without any parameters to find out what device gets mounted with which filesystem type. It should be /dev/mmcblkSOMETHING.

Reboot without a card inserted. Insert card.

sudo mount -tFILESYSTEM /dev/DEVICE /mnt and see if your card's content show up by using sudo ls /mnt .

Last edited:
Reactions: kylew1212

kylew1212

Dec 1, 2011
Alabama
www.memoryx2.com
use the "mount" command without any parameters to find out what device gets mounted with which filesystem type. It should be /dev/mmcblkSOMETHING.

Reboot without a card inserted. Insert card.

sudo mount -tFILESYSTEM /dev/DEVICE /mnt and see if your card's content show up by using sudo ls /mnt .

Okay, this is so crazy!

Boot computer with memory card inserted:

The mount device is /dev/mmcblk0p1 for the card reader.

Boot computer with out memory card.
run mount command and it says their is no such device?!
wtf..?

Thanks for your help so far!
Kyle

securecrt

Aug 4, 2010
Shanghai
Okay, this is so crazy!

wtf..?

Kyle

I think the card socket must have a HW detector when you insert the card will tiger that switch to power on the card reader controller, if there is no card in it, it should has been powered off.:rolleyes:

Sent from my HTC HD2 using xda premium

Rick_1995

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 3, 2009
Santa Clara
Okay, this is so crazy!

wtf..?

Kyle

lol, that is perfectly fine, /dev/mmcblk0p1 will appear only when you have a block storage device attached to your computer (ie. the sdcard), /dev/mmcblk is NOT your card reader but the device (card) inserted in your card reader.

try it on your leo :p (remove the card and /dev/mmcblk0 will vanish, insert it again and it will be back, just make sure you aren't using some data to sd script). Have you tried contacting the manufacturer of your laptop for the brand/model of the card reader ? Might save you a lot of pain or even a google search like "sdcard reader <insert computer model here> linux"

Reactions: pirlano

nameless517

Aug 15, 2011
app2sd

hello
thanx for rom
as for me it works better than other
the only issue so far is app2sd
i've tried to install dtapps2sd-2.7.5.3-beta04-cm.zip from http://goo.im/devs/cmhtcleo/misc but boot stuck at htc logo
is there any way to make a2sd work?

p.s. search doesnt work for now so i cant find solution here
p.p.s. sorry for my english

beileroord

Sep 1, 2010
is there any way to make a2sd work?

Here is thread regarding various solutions, i am using the 40ad2sdx-a2Recovery.zip one..

using TWRP i flashed nightly gapps and the 40ad2sdx-a2Recovery.zip after each other booted and done ;) (u can also move the script straight away in the zip with 7zip f.e. to make it one step, script is in 40ad2sdx-a2Recovery.zip\system\etc\init.d move the script to the init.d folder in the zip and flash that zip with gapps and it should work fine too)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    xNnWC.png

Welcome to the unofficial CyanogenMod 9 nightlies

The releases will co-inside and the build start time is at 00:01 UTC, and by 01:00 the builds should be uploaded. If at anytime the builds are not there, then there was a problem building the ROM, and we will have a look at it ASAP

These builds are compiled from the latest CyanogenMod repos and device repos on device and vendor files.

Furthermore these builds are multiDPI, i.e. you can run the rom at any dpi between 160 and 240 while having hi-res assets. Also Phone.apk won't crash anymore if a DPI < 190 is set.

kernel/ramdisk packaged boot.img style
    if you are on magldr see second post for instructions

System partition size currently required:
    Without Gapps 155MB
    With Gapps light 190MB
    With Gapps standard 195MB

Download nightly builds here

or via GooManager
    Google apps
    Latest Gapps LIGHT (2012-03-17) for ICS
    (picoTTS folder removed to save some diskspace - can be downloaded to SD later if needed)

Tip: If you want to have your softbuttons and/or density settings persist over updates and don't want to edit build.prop with every update, use local.prop.
    create a file named local.prop in your /data root (i.e. /data/local.prop) with the following contents (for example):
    Code:
    qemu.sf.lcd_density=160    # overrides ro.sf.lcd_density in build.prop
    qemu.hw.mainkeys=0    # activates the softbuttons

Thanks/Credits
    • arif-ali - for his huge contribution to the cmhtcleo project and beeing a indispensable part of the Android community
    • securecrt and Rick1995 - for their awesome work on a full HWA kernel and other great contibutions to the Leo codebase
    • copenhagen - for support with CM7 and now with ICS/CM9
    • warrenb213 - for support with CM7 and now with ICS/CM9
    • charnsingh_online - For starting this great project for porting to CM
    • tytung - Continued dedication of his work to the HD2 Thanks for you kernels
    • texasice - For creating the first HD2 compitable ICS through passion/bravo
    • ankuch - thanks for the HW accel, codecs and Camera
    • zivan56 - your input for the headphone fix
    • Bexton - The fix for USB Mass Storage
    • michie - Your work on ICS for the HD2
    • cyanogen - For starting this great project
    • Google - This wouldn't have happened without the releases of Android from you

IRC channel
    Visit us in #cmhtcleo on freenode
    Webchat

---------- brought to you by the cmhtcleo team ----------
    arif-ali | milaq | zeusk

MAGLDR instructions

Although we have an unified updater-script for both cLK and MAGLDR you need to take care that your MAGLDR partitioning is correct.

We are using boot.img style kernel/ramdisk (as everyone else should be).
    For MAGLDR users that means that you need to specify your boot partition as rboot.

The following flash.cfg is recommended (system size can vary)

Code:
    misc ya 1M
    recovery rrecov|ro|nospr filesize recovery-raw.img
    [COLOR="Green"]boot rboot|ro 5M[/COLOR]
    system ya 190M
    cache ya 2M
    userdata ya|asize|hr allsize

Instead, you can also download this package:
    http://milaq.exnet.me/downloads/android/leo/magldr_part_cm9.zip

Extract and run DAF to flash the layout above
    Building from source

I thought it would be a good idea that I just give a quick run through on how this is compiled.

First we need a Linux environment, preferably Ubuntu >= 12.04 or a recent Debian

Follow the simple Howto here, to just get an idea of the pre-requisites

To initialize the common cyanogenmod repos, run the following command
    Code:
    repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b ics

then to get device specific repos for the HD2 you need to pull in a local manifest.
    you can use this one
    Code:
    curl https://raw.github.com/milaq/android/ics/local_manifest_htc_leo.xml > .repo/local_manifest.xml
    (you can of course tailor your own too)

then you need to sync the repositories
    Code:
    repo sync

You can also run repo sync -j 4, say if you had 4 cores to speed things up, you may also need to add a -f, to make sure that it continues to the end even if you get any error messages. You may need to repeat this process 2 or 3 times to make sure everything is synced. This will take a long time to synchronise, so be patient.

next run the following command to gets some prebuilt apks (doesn't need to be done with every build)
    Code:
    vendor/cm/get-prebuilts

so after this, you need to run the following commands

Code:
    . build/envsetup
    lunch cm_leo-userdebug
    make -j4 bacon

This has changed from lunch cyanogen_leo-eng to lunch cm_leo-userdebug, this is the new method from CyanogenMod team for CM9

In the end you will get a zip file in out/target/product/leo/full_leo-ota-eng.root.zip.
    I'll look into what can be done for tether, hopefully it should be helpful for upstream (tytung) too, other than that i notice no noticeable change in the .35 kernels (personal opinion).

I have fixed usb tethering.
    Hi all,

Some of you guys must be thinking that maybe I have deserted this project.

Nope.

I have been busy at work, family etc... Real Life can sometimes take over; I have been doing the occasional testing, but not getting that far.

The code that tytiung, nexusn1, uses code from AOSP, and some of the code is cherry-picked from CM, and codeaurora, so everything seems to be working. It also seems the compilers may be slightly different as well, therefore the pre-compiled HW accel stuff doesn't work.

I on the other hand am trying to get CM (core) to work, It could be that I need to port the adreno200 code from what they are using to the CM code, and go from there, and see if we can get it working. Even I am getting blank screen with no HW accel :(; although touch screen is working.

So at the moment I am stuck at the HW accell and display drivers from 4.0.3. When I have news I will get back.

regards,
    Arif