• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[NIGHTLY][MAG/cLK] CyanogenMod 7 [2.3.7][Kernel: cmhtcleo/tytung]

How do we want the lights.htcleo.so in the CM nightlies

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

Rick_1995

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 3, 2009
Santa Clara
I will revert to the old kernel until we know that it is working then, hopefully next nightly back to where it was before

Arif, i think it could be related to inline building but still not sure, I was never able to create a working binary of the .32 kernels using the newer gcc, last known working was the Sourcery 2010q1 or gcc-4.4.1 but android uses 4.6 or 4.7 iirc.

Reactions: ph03n!x and pirlano

arif-ali

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 14, 2007
Sheffield
blog.arif-ali.co.uk
Arif, i think it could be related to inline building but still not sure, I was never able to create a working binary of the .32 kernels using the newer gcc, last known working was the Sourcery 2010q1 or gcc-4.4.1 but android uses 4.6 or 4.7 iirc.

The most recent nightly should now be compiled with a new re-compiled kernel using 2010q1. Let me know how it is

Sent from my remote device using Tepatalk 2

Reactions: ph03n!x and milaq

fwait

Mar 13, 2007
After applied cm-7-20120726-NIGHTLY-leo.zip, MAGLDR complains "NAND kernel open failed" on boot. When I restored /boot from CWM backup, the device booted up. I noticed that boot files used to be put in a directory instead of boot.img.

And I had to do a factory reset, otherwise I can't turn on wifi. The message displayed in wifi setting was "Error" rather than "Turn on Wi-Fi".

Rick_1995

Sep 3, 2009
Santa Clara
After applied cm-7-20120726-NIGHTLY-leo.zip, MAGLDR complains "NAND kernel open failed" on boot. When I restored /boot from CWM backup, the device booted up. I noticed that boot files used to be put in a directory instead of boot.img.

And I had to do a factory reset, otherwise I can't turn on wifi. The message displayed in wifi setting was "Error" rather than "Turn on Wi-Fi".

1) The nightlies are now for clk by default, you should use rboot config for magldr to work or should flash another magldr kernel.

2) The wifi won't turn on because you only restored /boot so the kernel modules are for the kernel in the rom zip while you're booting with the older kernel, so either flash a new kernel with modules or flash the kernel from rom to fix it.

Rick_1995

Sep 3, 2009
Santa Clara
Just so someone might be needing this, Since the latest nightlies are in boot.img format and the kernel zips no more contain the ramdisk for magldr, I'm posting the ramdisk of yesterday's nightly if you might need it on magldr with yboot.

Had quite a lot of trouble finding something to extract it on cygwin so instead used the image header from clk to copy paste binary data, tested to be safe.

Attachments

• initrd.gz
    144 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: Burag and cbc1969

ph03n!x

Dec 18, 2010
The most recent nightly should now be compiled with a new re-compiled kernel using 2010q1. Let me know how it is

Sent from my remote device using Tepatalk 2
Using 30th July Nightly for 2 days now, going fine- the kernel boots, and fast charging works good. A couple of requests-
- Can we have a kernel marker, similar to version? I mean, even the last updated date of the kernel in its version will help. The old kernel is also named cmhtcleo, and the only difference, IIRC, is that the ones from 30th Nightly read [email protected]
- Can we have the Original MAC Address patch for our kernel please? This commit is already a part of the ICS branch...
- Can we have Tytung's wired tether fix?

Hammerfest

Apr 3, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Using 30th July Nightly for 2 days now, going fine- the kernel boots, and fast charging works good. A couple of requests-
- Can we have a kernel marker, similar to version? I mean, even the last updated date of the kernel in its version will help. The old kernel is also named cmhtcleo, and the only difference, IIRC, is that the ones from 30th Nightly read [email protected]
- Can we have the Original MAC Address patch for our kernel please? This commit is already a part of the ICS branch...
- Can we have Tytung's wired tether fix?

requests seconded... and thanks to OP and crew for this

Hammerfest

Apr 3, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Fixing now, will be fixed in the next couple of hours. All due to the issues with goo.im, that my jenkins server was failing the build due to the fact it couldn't upload to it

The ROM should be up now

sweet will test in a bit (im still waking up...)

On a side note/offtopic question, I know that with my Evo Shift device, I can use the ICS Kernels on CM7.2, does anyone know of ICS kernels for the HD2 that still work with CM7? The 2 I tried the other day dont seem to work at all (not all that weird given its NOT an Android native device) and caused weird screen flashing (literal) and touchscreen issues. I only ask because I it seems all of the Kernels have gone ICS and left CM7/Android_v2.3.x in the dust :(

arif-ali

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 14, 2007
Sheffield
blog.arif-ali.co.uk
sweet will test in a bit (im still waking up...)

On a side note/offtopic question, I know that with my Evo Shift device, I can use the ICS Kernels on CM7.2, does anyone know of ICS kernels for the HD2 that still work with CM7? The 2 I tried the other day dont seem to work at all (not all that weird given its NOT an Android native device) and caused weird screen flashing (literal) and touchscreen issues. I only ask because I it seems all of the Kernels have gone ICS and left CM7/Android_v2.3.x in the dust :(

There is one commit, that doesn't work, and therefore causes the issues. maybe worth pulling in the rest of the commits, and see if any of those continue to work on CM7.

I could potentially try importing those commits, and compile for you guys to test I guess. But not sure how soon I will be able to get that done

Reactions: ph03n!x

milaq

Feb 24, 2009
milaq.net
@arif-ali, the nightlies have stopped building after 12th September in http://goo.im/devs/cmhtcleo/cm7 and http://cyanogenmod.arif-ali.co.uk/rom/ - is this some glitch, or are we moving to less frequent nightlies (monthlies or weeklies :) )?

in the meantime i've adopted the build process of the leo gb branch for my buildbots queue until arif's is up and running again.

sry for any inconvenience caused.

my bot builds weeklies (of cm7) atm; pls see here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=32102461&postcount=708

Reactions: ph03n!x

c1cl0n

Jan 30, 2010

wis1152

Jun 8, 2011
luton uk
media.xda-developers.com
Hi dear developers CM7 NIGHTLY, dear cmhtcleo and arif-ali
I want ask your permissions to start new thread in HD2 Android SD Development with NativeSD port of [NIGHTLY][MAG/cLK] CyanogenMod 7 [2.3.7][Kernel: cmhtcleo/tytung] as I did it with your great rom [NIGHTLY][Full HWA] CyanogenMod 9 [4.0.4][Kernel: cmhtcleo/tytung] here

Reason: New native technology is still very yang but also very powerful for dayly use and all positive reviews of CM9 NIGHTLY SD-MAGLDR-NativeSD is aproof it
:D

Im sure the Guys wont have a problem:) but await your answer (arif-ali,milaq and rick_1995) c1cl0n if no reply drop them a PM:good:

Top Liked Posts