• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Nikita's GCam photo comparison (8.1)

Search This thread

beitme

Mar 11, 2014
Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1
The photos below show the varying effects of the Color transform parameter. In both sets of photos, the value of CT Fix Standart most accurately reproduced what I saw.

1620318296078.png

Color transform value = CT System

1620318362467.png

Color transform value = CT Mod 1

1620318439853.png

Color transform value = CT Fix Standart

In this set, the values of CT System and CT Mod 1 imaged the leaves with a sheen that wasn't visible in person. In contrast, the value of CT Fix Standart imaged the leaves more accurately, without as much sheen.

1620319552364.png

1620319584029.png

1620319612142.png

In this set, contrary to what occurred earlier, the value of CT Fix Standart imaged the leaves with a sheen and was more accurate for it. The other values imaged without as much sheen and were consequently less accurate.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The photos below show the varying effects of the a) Tone & Gamma Curve parameters, and the b) Global Options parameters. I used the default values for every parameter. The Tone & Gamma Curve parameters were enabled/disabled jointly and the Global Options parameters were enabled/disabled all together. In all sets of photos, the most accurately reproduced photos were generated with the Tone & Gamma Curve parameters disabled and the Global Options parameters enabled.

1620927335526.png

Tone & Gamma / Global Options = disabled

1620927474602.png

Tone & Gamma = enabled / Global options = disabled
For me, the yellow leaves are reproduced more deeply and with more saturation here than in the 1st photo.

1620927604217.png

Tone & Gamma = disabled / Global Options = enabled
Again, the leaves' color is a deeper, more saturated yellow here than in the 1st photo. There was only a tiny difference between the 2nd and 3rd photos.

1620927762981.png

1620927872429.png

As with the yellow flowers, these also were reproduced with a deeper, more saturated purple.

1620927973365.png

Again, as with the yellow flowers, the purple is deeper and more saturated here than the first flower. And again, there was only a tiny difference between the 2nd and 3rd photos.

So both the Tone & Gamma Curve settings, as well as the Global Options settings, are able to reproduce colors more accurately when used independently. Surprisingly, if I enabled all three settings together, then the colors (yellow & purple) lost some of their saturation/vividness. That is, the best color reproduction came from enabling just one of those settings, rather than all three together. The one setting that seemed best enabled was Global Options.

Below are some photos of white flowers. I didn't notice any differences between the settings here.

1620928286816.png

1620928307335.png

1620928329512.png

Last edited:

beitme

Mar 11, 2014
Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1
hey man, mind if i have your config please? thats looks sick
It's nothing special. Those photos were not taken with a complete config. I enabled one feature at a time. Now I have my config set thus:

Color Transform = CT Fix Standart (for better color)
Frame Duration > Back camera = 0.5x (to help prevent overexposure)
Max. Exposure > Back camera = 0.6 * Max. Exposure Time (to help prevent overexposure)
Lib Patcher > Global Options = all enabled at DEFAULT values (for better color)

I've tried using the other settings in Lib Patcher and didn't see any improvement.

Reactions: D0CT0RFATE

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The photos below show the varying effects of the Color transform parameter. In both sets of photos, the value of CT Fix Standart most accurately reproduced what I saw.

1620318296078.png

1620318362467.png

1620318439853.png

In this set, the values of CT System and CT Mod 1 imaged the leaves with a sheen that wasn't visible in person. In contrast, the value of CT Fix Standart imaged the leaves more accurately, without as much sheen.

1620319552364.png

1620319584029.png

1620319612142.png

In this set, contrary to what occurred earlier, the value of CT Fix Standart imaged the leaves with a sheen and was more accurate for it. The other values imaged without as much sheen and were consequently less accurate.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The photos below show the varying effects of the a) Tone & Gamma Curve parameters, and the b) Global Options parameters. I used the default values for every parameter. The Tone & Gamma Curve parameters were enabled/disabled jointly and the Global Options parameters were enabled/disabled all together. In all sets of photos, the most accurately reproduced photos were generated with the Tone & Gamma Curve parameters disabled and the Global Options parameters enabled.

1620927335526.png

1620927474602.png

For me, the yellow leaves are reproduced more deeply and with more saturation here than in the 1st photo.

1620927604217.png

Again, the leaves' color is a deeper, more saturated yellow here than in the 1st photo. There was only a tiny difference between the 2nd and 3rd photos.

1620927762981.png

1620927872429.png

As with the yellow flowers, these also were reproduced with a deeper, more saturated purple.

1620927973365.png

Again, as with the yellow flowers, the purple is deeper and more saturated here than the first flower. And again, there was only a tiny difference between the 2nd and 3rd photos.

So both the Tone & Gamma Curve settings, as well as the Global Options settings, are able to reproduce colors more accurately when used independently. Surprisingly, if I enabled all three settings together, then the colors (yellow & purple) lost some of their saturation/vividness. That is, the best color reproduction came from enabling just one of those settings, rather than all three together. The one setting that seemed best enabled was Global Options.

Below are some photos of white flowers. I didn't notice any differences between the settings here.

1620928286816.png

1620928307335.png

1620928329512.png

hey man, mind if i have your config please? thats looks sick
    It's nothing special. Those photos were not taken with a complete config. I enabled one feature at a time. Now I have my config set thus:

Color Transform = CT Fix Standart (for better color)
    Frame Duration > Back camera = 0.5x (to help prevent overexposure)
    Max. Exposure > Back camera = 0.6 * Max. Exposure Time (to help prevent overexposure)
    Lib Patcher > Global Options = all enabled at DEFAULT values (for better color)

I've tried using the other settings in Lib Patcher and didn't see any improvement.