• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

No.1 G3 new round smartwatch coming soon...

Search This thread

speedme

Jun 12, 2006
Breda
Hi Everyone,

Just want to inform you guys that I received information about the release of a new smartwatch from the Chinese manufacterer No.1.
This model will be the G3.

The watch will have a full round display of 240x240 pixels, powered by a MediaTek MT2520 processor.
The watch has 64 MB RAM and 128 MB ROM memory. The memory can be expanded with a SD card up to 16 GB.
It also holds a micro SIM card slot for 2G connectivity and Bluetooth 4.0 (LP) is also available.

Ofcourse a microphone and speaker are integrated, so one can call directly from the watch without the need of a connected phone.

The watch will come in 3 colors : black, white/silver and black/gold

0000002.jpg

0000003.jpg

0000004.jpg

The clock face can also be adjusted or changed by the user and even a family picture can be used to customize the watch clock face :

0000006.jpg

And now for the best part......it will only cost 50 dollar ! (about 45 euro's) !

More information can be found here : http://en.001phone.cn/product-no-1-g3-smartwatch-round-screen-smartwatch-118.html

I hope to receive my watch soon and then I will make a decent review of it.

Reactions: Smith 001

speedme

Jun 12, 2006
Breda
This is not the K9, it is based on MediaTek MT2520 processor. which suggest an self made os.

Correct, the K8/K9 and D5 and G3 are all copies of the Samsung Gear S2.
They all look very simular.

But this G3 has no Android and therefor cannot be customized easily, at least not like the Android based watches.

But than again, the prize is very low.

Watching the YT video, it looks not to be the fastest watch but it can do everything other watches can do.
So this one could get very popular.

speedme

Jun 12, 2006
Breda
The K8 and D5 are not copies of the Gear S2. Not even close.

Sorry, you are right...I have to take that back. I was too quick in giving my reply.

The K8 and D5 don't even look like the S2 and have full Android as OS (where the S2 has Tizen as OS I believe).

I was interested in the D5 for a long time, untill I read that it can only be used as a phone with use of a simcard and not over BT (correct me if I'm wrong please).

As I have two Android Wear watches (Gear 2 with custom AW rom + Moto 360 1st gen), I do like the Android part in a watch whether being it full Android or Android Wear.
And I've owned a Gear 1 too, which had a full version of Android installed (version 4.4.2 I believe).

I only wanted to state that this watch is cheap and can do a lot that more expensive watches can do.

nrombold

Feb 29, 2016
Anyone else get one of these yet? Still haven't found the clock file or folder they advertise as being customizable to create your own watch faces.

nrombold

Feb 29, 2016
Kinda aggravated did yours have the green circular watchface?

---------- Post added at 02:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 AM ----------

I figure with the partner app we may be able to get someone to builder us an app to build faces

Herberteten

Nov 20, 2013
Reactions: mordor621

nrombold

Feb 29, 2016
I placed file as both rar and extracted folder both titled clock and neither seems to work. Still no custom working face...

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

Also what software do you use to edit

speedme

Jun 12, 2006
Breda
I've received my 3rd watch now from No.1 and this one is crap too! 2 times the display was a mess and now the simcard slot is broken.

Not a single No.1 product for me ever again!

Remember guys, the watches are cheap because the hardware sucks big time !
Spend a few more bucks on a real decent product and you will be a lot happier.

Top Liked Posts