No 4.3 OTA update??

Search This thread

mbeltoft

Aug 15, 2010
I've been checking for updates on my Nexus 10 for the last 24 hours but it keeps saying my system is updated even if im still on 4.2.2.

I'm on rooted stock with locked bootloader. do i need to fully unroot it to get the update? How to do that?

I really dont feel like flashing it myself as I would hate loosing all my data

nyijedi

Jul 5, 2008
Long Island, NY
I've been checking for updates on my Nexus 10 for the last 24 hours but it keeps saying my system is updated even if im still on 4.2.2.

I'm on rooted stock with locked bootloader. do i need to fully unroot it to get the update? How to do that?

No need to unroot. You'll get the OTA even when rooted. It just doesn't seem like anyone has actually gotten the OTA yet. Keep checking your tablet, but you're probably better off checking here for someone to post the download link once they get it.

R

Rirere

You know that you can flash a factory download without losing data, right? Android Police did a writeup if you want the full details, but the short and sweet version is download the .tar, extract the contents, and then just run fastboot flash boot boot.img, reboot, fastboot flash system system.img, and you're basically done.

No need to unroot. You'll get the OTA even when rooted. It just doesn't seem like anyone has actually gotten the OTA yet. Keep checking your tablet, but you're probably better off checking here for someone to post the download link once they get it.

They're doing a staged rollout.

wptski

Dec 8, 2011
Warren, MI
But it seems to me that this process didn't start yet for the n10, otherwise there would for sure be at least one threat about it in this forum (I'm growing impatient, too :))

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app
You can try this as it worked for me with the previous update. Go into your apps, find Google Services Framework, stop it, clear data and then go back into Settings to check for updates.

Reactions: TSF14

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
You can try this as it worked for me with the previous update. Go into your apps, find Google Services Framework, stop it, clear data and then go back into Settings to check for updates.

Won't that wipe your Google account from the device?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

wohli

Dec 21, 2010
However, checking around the net I have yet to see someone receiving the OTA update on their Nexus 10.

I also don't think the rollout for our device has startet yet. It's my first nexus, and I thought the updates will arrive immediately. It seems that a tiny bit of patience is required, even with a nexus device http://www.myvideo.ch/watch/5568558

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
No, you'll just get a popup later asking if you want to allow Google's location services to access your data.

Well I tried it and it didn't work. I still don't see an update but I think that might be because they maybe didn't send them out yet.anyways when I checked for update it said last checked 1/1/1970 lol. They've been hiding the tablets from us and they've been made since 40 years ago (I'm just joking just so nobody thinks I'm an idiot)

R

Rirere

Well I tried it and it didn't work. I still don't see an update but I think that might be because they maybe didn't send them out yet.anyways when I checked for update it said last checked 1/1/1970 lol. They've been hiding the tablets from us and they've been made since 40 years ago (I'm just joking just so nobody thinks I'm an idiot)

Even if they did, it's not a guaranteed thing. The clear Google Framework and CHECKIN phone codes are just ways to possibly bump up your chances. If you want the update badly, you can flash the factory images from the developer page. If you take care and don't use the flash-all script, then you can keep data in the process.

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
Even if they did, it's not a guaranteed thing. The clear Google Framework and CHECKIN phone codes are just ways to possibly bump up your chances. If you want the update badly, you can flash the factory images from the developer page. If you take care and don't use the flash-all script, then you can keep data in the process.

Im just going to wait for the custom roms like aokp to be updated add flash one of those.

Sent from my Xperia Play (r800x)

wptski

Dec 8, 2011
Warren, MI

I think that's what it does, changes the date to force the process if available but maybe it isn't pushed out yet..

adlerson

Mar 9, 2012
Just got the OTA update. I've been manually checking since the Google event without result. Took a nap just now, woke up and there it was, already downloaded and ready to install.

Cheers,
Addy

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
Just got the OTA update. I've been manually checking since the Google event without result. Took a nap just now, woke up and there it was, already downloaded and ready to install.

Cheers,
Addy

I just got it too cane Home and found it ready to install

bkmaracas

Jul 10, 2012
Cardiff
Cool... Where on this globe are you located squire?
In fact Let me guess, if its an afternoon nap ~4pm which 5 hr's behind me, so east coast USA? :)
Sent from my Nexus 7

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
I got mine and it's 10:47 pm here :D can you guess where that is

bruce_aisher

Jan 21, 2013
Argh, I am getting really inpatient.

I am in Los Angeles, California and no OTA update for me.

It seems like the East Coast are starting to get it - so perhaps over the weekend it will come to CA.
I have yet to hear anyone in California getting it yet - though please correct me if I am wrong.

I was thinking of doing the Google Services Framework thing, but I have been reading online that it can mess up your Google account doing that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    They're doing a staged rollout.

But it seems to me that this process didn't start yet for the n10, otherwise there would for sure be at least one threat about it in this forum (I'm growing impatient, too :))

Currently at an airport in Florida.

Edit: LOL You're good!
    force ota update

guys, u can easily get your tablet updated by following procedure below couple of times (for me it worked after 4th try):

Settings > Apps > All > Google Framework Services > Clear Data > Force Stop > Settings > About phone > System updates > Check now
    WORKED!

Settings > Apps > All > Google Services Framework > Force Stop > Clear Data > Settings > About phone > System updates > Check now

Above worked for me as well! Worked after the third try! Updating now :D