Question No 5G on non Google approved carrier

Search This thread

danw_oz

Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
You have to be on a mobile plan that supports 5G, not all plans support 5G because they want to charge you more to use it, or cap it or all the above.

Example from AU google approved provider, one plan now only supports 4G was only the top 2 previously when the phone launched.

1642460126132.png

Last edited:
Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Android-Desire

Sep 17, 2010
Copenhagen
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I think Google really dont care about EU, in my country Denmark we dont have sub-6 but only mmWave, meaning my Pixel 6 Pro will never get 5g connection, kinda wierd to save some $ in the modem in EU models and not just give people both sub-6 and mmWave.

If i buy a model in the US there is 2 issues, 6+ months shipping and tax and customs making this phone close to 200% more expensive, and almost hitting the most expensive iPhone 13 pro max model.
And by that time i already have another phone.

clipdawg05

Nov 20, 2014
You have to be on a mobile plan that supports 5G, not all plans support 5G because they want to charge you more to use it, or cap it or all the above.

Example from AU google approved provider, one plan now only supports 4G was only the top 2 previously when the phone launched.

View attachment 5511213
wow, those are some expensive plans. Do you not have anything unlimited? I pay about 25 us dollars in croatia for unlimited with 5g(phone cant support it though)

Reactions: danw_oz

Marvido

Jul 11, 2014
I think Google really dont care about EU, in my country Denmark we dont have sub-6 but only mmWave, meaning my Pixel 6 Pro will never get 5g connection, kinda wierd to save some $ in the modem in EU models and not just give people both sub-6 and mmWave.

If i buy a model in the US there is 2 issues, 6+ months shipping and tax and customs making this phone close to 200% more expensive, and almost hitting the most expensive iPhone 13 pro max model.
And by that time i already have another phone.
You sure about that ? Because Telenor, Telia and 3 should all support older Pixel phones with sub 6, and i know i saw somehwere on google pages that those 3 carriers were mentioned to support Pixel 6 phones as well.

Shipoftheline

Oct 6, 2015
Salford
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I've just had feedback from my network today and yes its down to Google, absolutely useless company

Hi, at the moment we are working with Google to get this device added to our compatible list so this would be why you're facing this problem. We hope to have Google enable this as soon as possible, so we can keep you updated on this. We have found your webchat and your complaint so we will also assist through there where we can!

danw_oz

Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
I've just had feedback from my network today and yes its down to Google, absolutely useless company
I find it hard to believe Google would impose this, not in their interest and too much time, and for what exactly what do they gain?

Read the post from @roirraW "edor" ehT in post 3 rather than posting partial fake news.

Yes it is down to google to decide which 5G they implement., there is a lot of controversy around this at the moment. I would be very certain google was aware of some of these 5G issues when they made the decision. One in particular as follows

Have you heard of aeronautical industry having issues with their instruments being seriously interfered with by some US carriers 5G implementations, bans now in place for many flights as a result.

Shipoftheline

Oct 6, 2015
Salford
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I find it hard to believe Google would impose this, not in their interest and too much time, and for what exactly what do they gain?

Read the post from @roirraW "edor" ehT in post 3 rather than posting partial fake news.

Yes it is down to google to decide which 5G they implement., there is a lot of controversy around this at the moment. I would be very certain google was aware of some of these 5G issues when they made the decision. One in particular as follows

Have you heard of aeronautical industry having issues with their instruments being seriously interfered with by some US carriers 5G implementations, bans now in place for many flights as a result.
Well I've read the same from other networks in the UK at least so wasn't shocked when two different people from my network told me

Android-Desire

Sep 17, 2010
Copenhagen
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Nice little screenshot of Googles page, that does not mean that the information there is true.
Infact i would have 0 trust when it comes to connectivtive issues and Google responces to it, i know for a fact that TDC have already sent google its Carrier settings multiple times over many years, but Google does not like our country so that config file on the firmware is empty, meaning that before you can even get a sms on the device you have to setup apn before it works, and you only get 2g 3g 4g from that, not mms which also is not there, LTE+ VoLTE VoWifi and 5g is all disabled in carrier config by google on all Danish networks/carriers.

MrBelter

Apr 10, 2011
Nice little screenshot of Googles page, that does not mean that the information there is true.
Infact i would have 0 trust when it comes to connectivtive issues and Google responces to it, i know for a fact that TDC have already sent google its Carrier settings multiple times over many years, but Google does not like our country so that config file on the firmware is empty, meaning that before you can even get a sms on the device you have to setup apn before it works, and you only get 2g 3g 4g from that, not mms which also is not there, LTE+ VoLTE VoWifi and 5g is all disabled in carrier config by google on all Danish networks/carriers.
The screenshot was not to prove anything works, the screen shot was to show you Denmark networks use Sub-6 not mmWave as you claim.

Top Liked Posts