No Alarm

Search This thread

Kollachi

Aug 24, 2013
Osnabrück
Hey guys.
Sometimes I have a lil problem. My alarm clock isnt ringing. Doesn't matter if I change the settings. (Battery, Power management) It's not in optimization list.

BTW it also persists after switching to revolution OS. It's not often but it happens. I never had this on other phones.

Someone else with this problem?

Kaeru Sapporo

Jul 13, 2015
Hey guys.
Sometimes I have a lil problem. My alarm clock isnt ringing. Doesn't matter if I change the settings. (Battery, Power management) It's not in optimization list.

BTW it also persists after switching to revolution OS. It's not often but it happens. I never had this on other phones.

It happened in my environment too.

I did the following to prevent it.

Turn on "Auto start" of clock app setting.
Set battery saver in clock app settings to "No restrictions".
Turn off Battery & performance "Use Adaptive Battery".
Battery & performance - Set Scene - "Sleep mode" off.

I use Google Clock. It seems to be improved.:)

Reactions: Kollachi

Kollachi

Aug 24, 2013
Osnabrück

Thanks! I will definitely try it.

nuno.basto

May 12, 2015
In my case the alarm rings but the screen remains black. I have to unlock the phone, go to notification bar, click on the alarm and then turn it off. (I use mi clock)
I'm worried that I can't trust the alarm on my brand new phone.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

Kollachi

Aug 24, 2013
Osnabrück
In my case the alarm rings but the screen remains black. I have to unlock the phone, go to notification bar, click on the alarm and then turn it off. (I use mi clock)

I was 4 hours later at work...:rolleyes:

nitroax

Feb 5, 2014
Porto

That only happens to me if i put my phone into "Do Not Disturb" mode. If my phone is set to sound or even vibrate only, the screen turns on as soon as the alarm starts to ring.
Either way, my alarm clock always works (using mi clock too)

nuno.basto

May 12, 2015
That only happens to me if i put my phone into "Do Not Disturb" mode. If my phone is set to sound or even vibrate only, the screen turns on as soon as the alarm starts to ring.

That's true. I just tried and if the phone is in "do not disturb" the screen remains switched off. This is a bit weird because (at least for me) the DND is mainly used during the night.

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

Never experienced it, use DND mode during sleep time, and my alarm never failed.

Are you using the Mi Clock or the google one?
With the Google Clock my screen comes on normally, but I was hoping to user the "stock" clock App. I specially like the option to delete the alarm after it rings (in the event of an one time alarm) and the option to cancel the alarm just for the next time (in the event of a week holiday).

Reactions: nitroax

Nuno Oliveira

Dec 22, 2007

With the Google Clock my screen comes on normally, but I was hoping to user the "stock" clock App. I specially like the option to delete the alarm after it rings (in the event of an one time alarm) and the option to cancel the alarm just for the next time (in the event of a week holiday).

Mi clock, untouched EEA global ROM.

nitroax

Feb 5, 2014
Porto
That's true. I just tried and if the phone is in "do not disturb" the screen remains switched off. This is a bit weird because (at least for me) the DND is mainly used during the night.

Yeah dont make any sense, it should turn on the screen even in DND mode but its a minor thing at least.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys.

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

Never experienced it, use DND mode during sleep time, and my alarm never failed.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone