NO AUDIO INPUT AND OUTPUT

Search This thread

dyoliya

May 2, 2021
Hello!
My problem is my device doesnt have audio. i tried calling using my device and mute is disabled. I cant also voice record. No audio from playing videos (youtube, netflix, spotify, chrome, etc). I cant record videos too.

What is wrong with my device? Do we have audio patch for this? I have also custom rom my phone with DotOS v.5.0.1 thru TWRP.. tell me if im missing a system app..

Last edited:

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Hello!

i’m very new with having custom ROM. And I flashed my device with DotOS v5.0.1 thru TWRP. (Also tried diffrent custom rom)

My problem is my device doesnt have audio. i tried calling using my device and mute is disabled. I cant also voice record. No audio from playing videos. I cant record videos too.

did i miss something? Im sorry im really new with this. I dont know if there is a patch that i should use...
Not familiar with your custom ROM but many people don't properly install custom ROMs

Did you FORMAT (not Wipe - it's completely different thing) Data partition (!) when you switched the ROM? If you didn't, you must do it

Assuming you had audio with the official MIUI (otherwise, you may have hardware issue)

dyoliya

May 2, 2021
Not familiar with your custom ROM but many people don't properly install custom ROMs

Did you FORMAT (not Wipe - it's completely different thing) Data partition (!) when you switched the ROM? If you didn't, you must do it

Assuming you had audio with the official MIUI (otherwise, you may have hardware issue)
ive done that. after flashing a ROM, I format data..

My audio was working before I custom ROM too. idk if i should just go back to stock rom

dyoliya

May 2, 2021
UPDATE:

I've tried several custom ROMs now, also stock ROM. But no luck. How am I supposed to know if this is a hardware issue??

WHAT'S NOT WORKING:
- Built-in speakers
- Video recording
- Screen recording
- Voice recording
- Headphones/Earphones
- Bluetooth earphones/speakers
- No audio calls, no ringtones
- Unable to disable/enable mute button during call
- During call, speakers are enabled but cant be disabled (still no sound)

WHAT'S WORKING:
- Adjusting volume sliders

I'm not sure if this has something to do with hardware since I dont recall it falling, etc.. It suddenly stopped working at all.

Last edited:
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone