Question No Auth Firehose?

Search This thread

jalter1213

Dec 30, 2021
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Hello guys, I'd like to ask if Poco X3 Pro will ever get a Patched (No Auth) Firehose file?

I'm not new to modding however it has been a couple of years since I last installed custom roms on my phone (Way back Android 6.0 days) and based on experience, unbricking has always been easy and accessible.

But with my new Poco X3 Pro, I read that Xiaomi requires Authorized Account when flashing with EDL. I've seen in some forums that some managed to patch the Firehose (Loader) file of other Xiaomi devices. Hence, I'm asking if there would ever be a possibility that someone could patch a Firehose file to bypass Auth.

lyqas

Jan 18, 2022
I also looking for the patched
prog_ufs_firehose_sm7150_ddr.elf

the original (non patched) file is attached

jalter1213

Dec 30, 2021
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
I also looking for the patched
prog_ufs_firehose_sm7150_ddr.elf

the original (non patched) file is attached
This kinda confused me a bit after downloading the official firmware. As far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong) our device should be SM8150 (not sure if it is SM8150AC) but I'm confused as to why it ks SM7150 in the firmware of our device.

But regardless, it would be nice if someone is able to modify the firehose file to no longer require authorization when it comes to flashing through edl.

It would be nice to save a lot of bricked Poco X3 Pros in the community without having people be at risk of getting scammed by "people with auth accounts."

lyqas

Jan 18, 2022
Via hex-mode we can see in the elf file:

IMAGE_VARIANT_STRING=SDM855LA
OEM_IMAGE_VERSION_STRING=c5-xm-ota-bd031.bj
QC_IMAGE_VERSION_STRING=BOOT.XF.3.0-00571-SM8150LZB-4

jalter1213

Dec 30, 2021
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
just found our files here
but no success with them yet :(
and all elfs there are identical
I've been really busy with school lately and can't really focus efforts on understanding the programmer file, let alone patching them. Wish someone would take a dip into patching it (which is difficult as the flash tool checks for the signatures of the programmer file).

dashti.95

Dec 14, 2016
Hello guys, I'd like to ask if Poco X3 Pro will ever get a Patched (No Auth) Firehose file?

I'm not new to modding however it has been a couple of years since I last installed custom roms on my phone (Way back Android 6.0 days) and based on experience, unbricking has always been easy and accessible.

But with my new Poco X3 Pro, I read that Xiaomi requires Authorized Account when flashing with EDL. I've seen in some forums that some managed to patch the Firehose (Loader) file of other Xiaomi devices. Hence, I'm asking if there would ever be a possibility that someone could patch a Firehose file to bypass Auth.
Hi
You Can Request Bootloader Unlock and after 7 days unlock your phone you can flash everything in fastboot mode.
as alternative i can suggest you Xiaomi Pro tool it cost 5 credits and flash what you want to your phone
I have Unbricked My poco X3 pro From EDL with this tool 3 Days Ago

PHPoenX

Dec 31, 2018
Xiaomi Mi A2
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
I've been really busy with school lately and can't really focus efforts on understanding the programmer file, let alone patching them. Wish someone would take a dip into patching it (which is difficult as the flash tool checks for the signatures of the programmer file).
This is 64-bit arm ELF static stripped executable with vxworks RTOS signature, maybe it executed in that OS. It will be rather hard to understand how it works. I think firstly you need to get symbols names from vxworks symbol table, which is included in firehose, according to binwalk output

But still there can be firehose verification on the phone side(likely there is, because I cant load edited firehose with one edited byte in one of strings)

Last edited:
Reactions: Aryapars

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This is 64-bit arm ELF static stripped executable with vxworks RTOS signature, maybe it executed in that OS. It will be rather hard to understand how it works. I think firstly you need to get symbols names from vxworks symbol table, which is included in firehose, according to binwalk output

But still there can be firehose verification on the phone side(likely there is, because I cant load edited firehose with one edited byte in one of strings)