no backup choice on recovery menu with newest clockworkmod and rom manager

Search This thread

amdultra

Jan 8, 2012
i m on stock froyo(EC05)(stock kernel 2.6.32.9) with latest rom manager and clockworkmod(5.2.7) ,backup choice on recovery menu is missing ,is there alternative for this? i want backup before flashing to new rom

everytime i choose backup on rom manager the phone restart and go to recovery menu where there only 4 choice :

reboot
apply zip file
wipe data/factory reset
wipe chace partition

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
i m on stock froyo(EC05)(stock kernel 2.6.32.9) with latest rom manager and clockworkmod(5.2.7) ,backup choice on recovery menu is missing ,is there alternative for this? i want backup before flashing to new rom

everytime i choose backup on rom manager the phone restart and go to recovery menu where there only 4 choice :

reboot
apply zip file
wipe data/factory reset
wipe chace partition

You need a custom kernel that supports it. Stock does not. Come out of the dark ages and flash a GB ROM and download CWM 5.027 in ROM Manager and also flash it to your phone.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

amdultra

Jan 8, 2012
the only thing prevent me from flashing is the camera stock application i like it very much is there custom GB rom with same camera stock application? or can we take stock camera application and put in custom rom? my choice was CleanGB 1.03

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
the only thing prevent me from flashing is the camera stock application i like it very much is there custom GB rom with same camera stock application? or can we take stock camera application and put in custom rom? my choice was CleanGB 1.03

That's a very good choice and should work well for you. It should have the stock camera in it. Then your power menu and ROM Manager will work again.

jeffro18

Jun 3, 2011
Illinois

I'm not sure if clean gb has this mod incorporated, but here is a link to the stock camera app that will not shut off below 10% battery and has a silent shutter option.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1362858

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone