• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

No bootable A/B Slot and OEM locked device, not able to revert to stock.

Search This thread

life_bruno

Aug 31, 2018
Amanhã trarei novidades

Tryed last version of adbtools?

I am Brazilian, I have the same problem for three days, it seems that there is no partition on the device, the cid died, imei does not exist either. I tried everything in these last days to solve, I found a way now at night, amh I will try and warn you, there are boxes to fix the imei of the device search for octopus box on google, or how to fix imei. from what I saw this is the solution, amh I'll let you know if I can solve it. ps: i'm using google translator, check the errors

Reactions: J4m3sB4rn3s

AvCastro

Apr 20, 2020
I am Brazilian, I have the same problem for three days, it seems that there is no partition on the device, the cid died, imei does not exist either. I tried everything in these last days to solve, I found a way now at night, amh I will try and warn you, there are boxes to fix the imei of the device search for octopus box on google, or how to fix imei. from what I saw this is the solution, amh I'll let you know if I can solve it. ps: i'm using google translator, check the errors

Bruno, I am also Brazilian. You managed to make it work, mine doesn't start at all

n1kolaa

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 21, 2011
Zrenjanin
OnePlus Nord
Bruno, I am also Brazilian. You managed to make it work, mine doesn't start at all

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/moto-g...tant-on-new-device/m-p/4562335?page=1#4562335
looks you are not the only one.
PS: Try this https://support.motorola.com/us/en/solution/MS126499

J4m3sB4rn3s

Apr 3, 2020

My CID and my IMEI are not dead, I don't wanted to try another invasive methods because I don't want to make things worse

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

Yes, I've downloaded patform tools revision 29.0.5 from android developers page

mrterojo

Feb 23, 2021
Hello, I have the same problem. I speak Spanish but by the rules I use a translator. I am attentive to any method to recover the phone

Subversive1

Nov 5, 2015
Hello, I have the same problem. I speak Spanish but by the rules I use a translator. I am attentive to any method to recover the phone

Apparently this results from a faulty partition table - maybe caused by an update. And because Lenovo's/Motorola's Rescue and Smart Assistant "LMSA" fails to solve the problem, the only option for oem-locked devices is to use fastboot to flash the original partition table from a stock image onto the device.

So first you have to download an original stock image (for G7 XT1962-5 you can use https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K6XEGXzErCZ7J_sSjTOiM4r1o-GL6u9K/ ) and extract gpt.bin to your working directory. From there execute

fastboot oem fb_mode_set
fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
fastboot oem fb_mode_clear

Then restart the device and it should boot again as usual, with all your apps and data still there.

P.S.: I'm not sure if the fb_mode_set and fb_mode_clear commands are really necessary. If somebody tries without and it also works, it would be nice to leave a message.

P.P.S: I also attached the gpt.bin for XT1962-5 to this post, so you can also use this one.

Attachments

• gpt.bin
    45.5 KB · Views: 59

Johnpy Munz

Apr 7, 2021
Apparently this results from a faulty partition table - maybe caused by an update. And because Lenovo's/Motorola's Rescue and Smart Assistant "LMSA" fails to solve the problem, the only option for oem-locked devices is to use fastboot to flash the original partition table from a stock image onto the device.

So first you have to download an original stock image (for G7 XT1962-5 you can use https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K6XEGXzErCZ7J_sSjTOiM4r1o-GL6u9K/ ) and extract gpt.bin to your working directory. From there execute

fastboot oem fb_mode_set

Then restart the device and it should boot again as usual, with all your apps and data still there.

P.S.: I'm not sure if the fb_mode_set and fb_mode_clear commands are really necessary. If somebody tries without and it also works, it would be nice to leave a message.

P.P.S: I also attached the gpt.bin for XT1962-5 to this post, so you can also use this one.
You are a complete genious, I ve tried so many things and no one worked but with this my cell rebirth¡¡¡ thankssss

wahid_bakr

Apr 11, 2021
Maybe im not right here, i am "only locked out" of the motorola one.

As any Bypass-Methods seem to fail IO started to think i might be able to
completely wipe the phone clean and iget android on it again.

Is there a way to find out what exact versio i have? as of now i dont know much i have found some Infos but thats just a "Build version".

I am completely new to the subject of "flashing / ROMs " so i definetely dont want to make mistakes and turn this phone into complete Scrapmetal.

Is this just my imagination or is that a feasible method, like for a computer format c: an reinstall OS

I am open for anything that makes my Device a working phone.

Otherwise can use it ionly as a doorstopper

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Moto X4
Maybe im not right here, i am "only locked out" of the motorola one.

As any Bypass-Methods seem to fail IO started to think i might be able to
completely wipe the phone clean and iget android on it again.

Is there a way to find out what exact versio i have? as of now i dont know much i have found some Infos but thats just a "Build version".

I am completely new to the subject of "flashing / ROMs " so i definetely dont want to make mistakes and turn this phone into complete Scrapmetal.

Is this just my imagination or is that a feasible method, like for a computer format c: an reinstall OS

I am open for anything that makes my Device a working phone.

Otherwise can use it ionly as a doorstopper
Code:
 fastboot getvar all

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

fastboot oem fb_mode_set

Tried it again now:
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    error: Failed to identify current slot

Then I tried to boot it directly:

Code:
    fastboot boot boot.img
    downloading 'boot.img'...
    OKAY [  1.813s]
    booting...
    (bootloader) permission denied!
    FAILED (remote failure)
    finished. total time: 1.824s

Setting a or b slots to active also doesn't work:
    Code:
    fastboot --set-active=a
    Setting current slot to 'a'...
    (bootloader) Command is not allowed
    FAILED (remote failure)
    finished. total time: 0.019s

fastboot --set-active=b
    Setting current slot to 'b'...
    (bootloader) Command is not allowed
    FAILED (remote failure)
    finished. total time: 0.019s

Semms that it needs to unlock the bootloader, but, as my first post explain, I'm unable to unlock it :crying:

I see in getvar that cid returns 0x0000.which means it's unlockable. You probably wouldn't be able to unlock it anyway since you first have to enable the "oem unlock toggle" in dev settings before you can get it unlocked in fastboot.
    Question is how he was able to flash it in the first place if it's locked, unless it's possible to flash original files without unlocking.
    Have you tried to full flash latest retbr firmware or tried to use lenovo/moto smart assistant to recover it?
    That was my first attempt to unbrick my phone, but didn't work :(

I think your device is bricked same as mine. I have been flashing every phone that I have owned and never have I bricked a phone but even with that experience i understand that mine was a novice mistake flashing a lower version of Android. I think you will need to look at qcom blank-flash options.
    Amanhã trarei novidades