No bootable a/b slot

Search This thread

glossallalia

Mar 27, 2019
Hi all,
I have a T-Mobile Revvlry that I’ve been trying to flash lineage os to. It was unlocked and now after so many tries, it is oem locked

I went through all the unlock bootloader process before and was able to flash but always no os installed are you sure you want to proceed.

Slots a and b were confusing and so I changed the slot to a for flashing but this time the bootloader screen changed along with the serial number and now it is oem locked and can do nothing now .

I tried to boot twrp but no success. How can I oem unlock?? I tried the command fastboot oem unlock and fastboot flash etc but it is denied and that I need a code. Which I do have but don’t know how to use it now.

Attachments

• 44AA2C23-F49B-48D7-9072-AF8B5D1AE1C7.jpeg
    44AA2C23-F49B-48D7-9072-AF8B5D1AE1C7.jpeg
    736.6 KB · Views: 11
  • DC94BF20-3C90-46CE-8570-AD1F78613319.jpeg
    DC94BF20-3C90-46CE-8570-AD1F78613319.jpeg
    633.7 KB · Views: 9

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
  • Sep 21, 2011
    South Dakota
    goo.gl
    Moto X4
    Moto G7 Power
    Hi all,
    I have a T-Mobile Revvlry that I’ve been trying to flash lineage os to. It was unlocked and now after so many tries, it is oem locked

I went through all the unlock bootloader process before and was able to flash but always no os installed are you sure you want to proceed.

Slots a and b were confusing and so I changed the slot to a for flashing but this time the bootloader screen changed along with the serial number and now it is oem locked and can do nothing now .

I tried to boot twrp but no success. How can I oem unlock?? I tried the command fastboot oem unlock and fastboot flash etc but it is denied and that I need a code. Which I do have but don’t know how to use it now.
    Did you follow the preinstall instruction and use copy-partitions-20210323_1922.zip?
    if not that's what caused the problem.

You will need to use a blankflash to fix
    Search for Channel blankflash there are some here
    but you may need a newer one

The device will need to be in Emergence Download Mode (EDL Mode)
    Use
    Code:
    fastboot oem blankflash
    or
    boot twrp (use full twrp file name)
    Code:
    fastboot boot twrp.img
    and use
    Code:
    adb reboot edl

EDL Mode is just a black screen, and
    Windows device manager will see it as a Qualcomm device (attached)
    If it says ..._bulk... you need the Qualcomm drivers

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-05-02 163010.png
      Screenshot 2021-05-02 163010.png
      164.8 KB · Views: 3
    • proxy-image (1).jpg
      proxy-image (1).jpg
      39.2 KB · Views: 3

glossallalia

Mar 27, 2019
    Did you follow the preinstall instruction and use copy-partitions-20210323_1922.zip?
    if not that's what caused the problem.

You will need to use a blankflash to fix
    Search for Channel blankflash there are some here
    but you may need a newer one

The device will need to be in Emergence Download Mode (EDL Mode)
    Use
    Code:
    fastboot oem blankflash
    or
    boot twrp (use full twrp file name)
    Code:
    fastboot boot twrp.img
    and use
    Code:
    adb reboot edl

EDL Mode is just a black screen, and
    Windows device manager will see it as a Qualcomm device (attached)
    If it says ..._bulk... you need the Qualcomm drivers
    Blankflash did work to blank the screen. But <adb reboot edl > came back with ‘no devices/emulators found’.
    I do have the Qualcomm drivers

glossallalia

Mar 27, 2019
    No, you only use "adb reboot edl" if "fastboot oem blankflash" didn't work.
    Now use the blankflash file.
    Ok, when I do the blankflash, there is the blank screen, however I can't communicate with the device after that and if I have lineage.zip or copy-partitions-etc...zip, how could I flash it or what is the next step? I'm new at this - I started this a year ago, after, gave up for a while.
    Thanks!

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
  • Sep 21, 2011
    South Dakota
    goo.gl
    Moto X4
    Moto G7 Power
    Ok, when I do the blankflash, there is the blank screen, however I can't communicate with the device after that and if I have lineage.zip or copy-partitions-etc...zip, how could I flash it or what is the next step? I'm new at this - I started this a year ago, after, gave up for a while.
    Thanks!
    If you have run the blank-flash.bat and it worked the device will reboot to bootloader.
    If the device remains in EDL Mode, the blankflash failed, you may need a newer version.
    You may need to do some searching in the forums for a newer version.

glossallalia

Mar 27, 2019
    If you have run the blank-flash.bat and it worked the device will reboot to bootloader.
    If the device remains in EDL Mode, the blankflash failed, you may need a newer version.
    You may need to do some searching in the forums for a newer version.
    thanks - blank-flash.bat worked and i'm back to flashing again - I sideload copy-partitions-etc.zip and the lineage.zip and there is 'no os installed...' this happens every time, and before as well. When I 'start' from the fastboot flash mode, it starts to draw the lineage symbol, then goes back to bootloader.

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
  • Sep 21, 2011
    South Dakota
    goo.gl
    Moto X4
    Moto G7 Power
    thanks - blank-flash.bat worked and i'm back to flashing again - I sideload copy-partitions-etc.zip and the lineage.zip and there is 'no os installed...' this happens every time, and before as well. When I 'start' from the fastboot flash mode, it starts to draw the lineage symbol, then goes back to bootloader.
    what is the file name of lineage.zip?

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone