No bootloader/fastboot/recovery Htc Desire 516 dual

Search This thread

liners

Dec 28, 2015
links from dropbox do not work anymore, is there any other mirror for the required files / more reliable /?

Feb 13, 2014
Niamabad
Friends, My htc wont start neither goes in to fastboot or recovery or anything. I guess the mobile is completely dead but my laptop makes a sound when i connect my mobile to it indicating something is connected. Any way to solve this problem? Please help me. Or service center is the only option? I tried flashing stock rom using adb run but it is stuck at waiting for device and i dont even know if the mobile is connected in fastboot mode or any other since display never turns on even while charging? Please suggest me what to do? Thanq

gh0ostt

Nov 22, 2012
Friends, My htc wont start neither goes in to fastboot or recovery or anything. I guess the mobile is completely dead but my laptop makes a sound when i connect my mobile to it indicating something is connected. Any way to solve this problem? Please help me. Or service center is the only option? I tried flashing stock rom using adb run but it is stuck at waiting for device and i dont even know if the mobile is connected in fastboot mode or any other since display never turns on even while charging? Please suggest me what to do? Thanq

I had the same problem and the only solution was to take it to a service and they had to change the whole plate

Reactions: nikhilchandhra

mani12392

Aug 2, 2012
htc 516 dual stuck htc logo fixed

This phone has never been even mentioned on xda so there is nothing to search for.
Anyways i have gone thru some threads of similar phones and tried some one click root methods. They didnt work.

So i thought i should unlock the bootloader.
Just for the sake of it i tried to boot into recovery and was successful.
Then i started following those htcdev.com instruction which required me to go into the bootloader mode.
But whenever i try doing that it either:
-Remains stuck at htc logo screen (the 1st one and not the bootanimation)
-Boots normally

then i saw that i had to press this button release this after so many seconds and......
so just to be sure that im not making those silly mistakes i tried to go into bootloader thru adb which always remains stuck at the htc splash screen (htc - powered by android).
then i tried to go to recovery but now even that isnt possible.

so in short: i cant get into the bootloader so i cant unlock or root. I cant get into the recovery either. The phone otherwise is working pretty normal. But on trying to get into any modes i remain stuck at the 1st htc screen (and not the bootanimation) and then i have to remove the battery to get it booting normally.

It is HTC Desire 516 Dual sim and is on JB 4.3 (if u needed this)

and finally i got this log from a unlock tool if it makes it easier for you

pls do help if u can :highfive: :fingers-crossed:

hai friends
first install fastboot in your pc
step1: htc 516 dual volume down + power button press hold 20 sec mobile go to adb interface
steb2: now open fastboot command type " adb devices"
steb3: next command "adb reboot-bootloader"
steb4: mopile go to fast boot mode so now type fastboot devices
step5: download htc 516h dual rom.zip in internet extract in pc
steb6: factery image . zip extract now see recovery.img extract fastboot folder
steb7: now type command " fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"
steb8 : now type fastboot reboot
steb 9 : now press volume up + power button go to recovery mode
steb 10 : now copy rom sd card flash via recovery
mobile reboot now mopile succesfuly open enjoy friend :laugh::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive:

sorry my bad English ...................

mrsenci

Sep 25, 2014
finaly rooted with king root. and now pls help me how move app 2 sd card. i try a lot apps and all of them not work.tq

Parantak

Dec 15, 2014
Lukhnow
finaly rooted with king root. and now pls help me how move app 2 sd card. i try a lot apps and all of them not work.tq

You can not move apps to sd but you can make a second ext4 Partition on your sd card and use link2sd app to link them to sd card's 2nd Partition and you can also use folder mount to share huge obb and big files from sd card to internal storage.

mrsenci

Sep 25, 2014
You can not move apps to sd but you can make a second ext4 Partition on your sd card and use link2sd app to link them to sd card's 2nd Partition and you can also use folder mount to share huge obb and big files from sd card to internal storage.

can u post here how i most make second ext on my sd card?

Parantak

Dec 15, 2014
Lukhnow
can u post here how i most make second ext on my sd card?

I used Apps2sd [root]. It's an all in one utility app. For linking apps to sd and partitioning sd card. It works for me. And backup your sd card data. Because by making 2nd partition it will format your sd card.

Attachments

• 1458020451321.jpg
    1458020451321.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 318
  • 1458020491640.jpg
    1458020491640.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 316
  • 1458020506953.jpg
    1458020506953.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 310
Last edited:

seanhanrei2000

Apr 23, 2015
still no custom rom for this mobile.. its been 2years now..

Sent from my HTC Desire 516 dual sim using XDA Free mobile app

mrsenci

Sep 25, 2014
Hello , two week after root my htc 516 it be reset and after that stock in htc logo , i must only remove batery and again power on and again stock on logo, any one can hep me??

andotester

Dec 20, 2011
Imei null and 0 and 1 solution

While flashing to stock dont flash modem and modems1 and s2 rest flash all files and ur imei will be ok as it was original with stock rom fully tested.....

Parantak

Dec 15, 2014
Lukhnow
After rooting the stock rom i am unable to use GPS. For using everyday i have to download and calibrate agps data with help of application gps status and fixer. Without resetting and again downloading the AGPS DATA i can not use gps. but before rooting there was no problem like this with Gps. what to do now ?

Sent from my HTC Desire 516 dual sim using XDA-Developers mobile app

mani12392

Aug 2, 2012
HTC 516 dual hard bricked mopile only hs_usb 9008

HTC 516 dual hard bricked pc connect only hs_usb 9008 port only pls help mee

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This phone has never been even mentioned on xda so there is nothing to search for.
    Anyways i have gone thru some threads of similar phones and tried some one click root methods. They didnt work.

So i thought i should unlock the bootloader.
    Just for the sake of it i tried to boot into recovery and was successful.
    Then i started following those htcdev.com instruction which required me to go into the bootloader mode.
    But whenever i try doing that it either:
    -Remains stuck at htc logo screen (the 1st one and not the bootanimation)
    -Boots normally

then i saw that i had to press this button release this after so many seconds and......
    so just to be sure that im not making those silly mistakes i tried to go into bootloader thru adb which always remains stuck at the htc splash screen (htc - powered by android).
    then i tried to go to recovery but now even that isnt possible.

so in short: i cant get into the bootloader so i cant unlock or root. I cant get into the recovery either. The phone otherwise is working pretty normal. But on trying to get into any modes i remain stuck at the 1st htc screen (and not the bootanimation) and then i have to remove the battery to get it booting normally.

It is HTC Desire 516 Dual sim and is on JB 4.3 (if u needed this)

and finally i got this log from a unlock tool if it makes it easier for you

pls do help if u can :highfive: :fingers-crossed:

SO GUYS NOW WE CAN ROOT OUR HTC DESIRE 516 DUAL SIM

just few steps ....folllow me

download
    1. boot.img file
    2. zdsrooter setup
    3. adb run

first u have to install the drivers for our phone u can downloade pda net and obviously SDK manager after installing drivers... if u struck any where in installing driver or anything u can reply me here :

ok so after installing drivers u have to run ADB RUN after running ADB RUN you will get folder in C:drive >adb>img>boot
    put boot.img(extract from root.zip) file in boot folder then reboot your phone in recovery there u get option reboot bootloader or you can do this through command prompt by entering command "adb reboot bootloader"

REMEBER YOU HAVE TO CONNECT YOUR USB WHEN DEVICE STRUCK AT HTC SREEN LOGO ....YES htc logo
    after connecting usb
    1 open ADB RUN
    2 GO TO FASTBOOT BY entering '5'
    3 THEN boot -ENTER '2' and ADB RUN WILL SHOW "press any key to continue"
    4then pop up will open where you saved you boot.img file which is stored in this path C:drive >adb>img>boot
    5 now you do not have to click on that file just press any key
    6 then reboot your phone when the process of boot.img complete
    AFTER THAT
    7install zdsrooter ... popup come up with green and red question mark and u have to press green button
    8.then press root button after that u willl find KING USER app on your phone again reboot phone
    9 u can also replace king user with supersu u have ti install su binary press continue and normal if it says failed then reboot your phone you will surely able to install su binary

link to Adb_Run_v.3.78.65 : https://www.dropbox.com/s/oayywyapwiuuwx3/Adb_Run_v.3.78.65.zip?dl=0
    root.zip : https://www.dropbox.com/s/9xd1i17q40itjaq/Root.zip?dl=0
    ndsrooter: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cps945xu82loyt0/zdsrooter_setup_2.6.16.3(1).exe?dl=0

THATS IT YOU ARE DONE
    DO NOT FORGET TO PRESS THANKS BUTTON
    appreciate me for my first work by hitting thanks button :) :)
    Full Root HTC Desire 516 dual sim

Here is how to root your HTC Desire 516 dual sim
    I downloaded rootdashi_2 4 apk from Chinese website www ug7 net/htc/HTCDesire516yidongban htm < replace spaces with dots
    After I saw the green check mark (I do not understand a word Chinese), I installed zdsrooter_setup_2 6 16 3 exe on my wifes windows computer (I'm on Linux Debian).
    Connected my phone via USB cable, it did something and reboot, after I got full root.
    Replaced Busybox and SuperSU and that's all.
    Downloaded term-init.sh from www theandroidhow com/2014/06/how-to-enable-initd-support-on-android html, executed and got init.d
    (re)formated my external SD Card with 1G ext4 partition (GParted), and with Link2SD got possibility to link my data apps.
    Essentially, this is what I expected from my phone.
    Custom recovery would be cherry on top, but now I can wait.

download
    1. boot.img file
    2. zdsrooter setup
    3. adb run

first u have to install the drivers for our phone u can downloade pda net and obviously SDK manager after installing drivers... if u struck any where in installing driver or anything u can reply me here :

ok so after installing drivers u have to run ADB RUN after running ADB RUN you will get folder in C:drive >adb>img>boot
    put boot.img(extract from root.zip) file in boot folder then reboot your phone in recovery there u get option reboot bootloader or you can do this through command prompt by entering command "adb reboot bootloader"

REMEBER YOU HAVE TO CONNECT YOUR USB WHEN DEVICE STRUCK AT HTC SREEN LOGO ....YES htc logo
    after connecting usb
    1 open ADB RUN
    4then pop up will open where you saved you boot.img file which is stored in this path C:drive >adb>img>boot
    AFTER THAT
    7install zdsrooter ... popup come up with green and red question mark and u have to press green button
    8.then press root button after that u willl find KING USER app on your phone again reboot phone
    9 u can also replace king user with supersu u have ti install su binary press continue and normal if it says failed then reboot your phone you will surely able to install su binary

link to Adb_Run_v.3.78.65 : https://www.dropbox.com/s/oayywyapwi...78.65.zip?dl=0
    ndsrooter: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cps945xu82...81).exe?dl=0
    stock recover = https://www.dropbox.com/s/il7lkspvp1dmn9l/recovery.img?dl=0

THATS IT YOU ARE DONE
    DO NOT FORGET TO PRESS THANKS BUTTON :)
    appreciate me for my first work by hitting thanks button
    Flashify is an option, but since your device appears to have no root access, redoing the rooting process is the logical choice. Maybe iRoot (formerly vRoot) will work, should Kingroot fail again. But I've read somewhere that XDA devs discourage the use of vRoot.

By the way, what's the error message when you input "adb reboot bootloader"?

Thanks man!
    It did not output anything. Adb shell reboot bootloader did the trick though :)

For all the people looking for a simple way to root.

1.Enable ADB.
    2.In cmd,
    " adb shell reboot bootloader"
    Wait for it to get stuck on the HTC screen.
    "fastboot flash recovery path-to-your-recovery-file" (use cwm as TWRP doesn't work properly yet)
    "fastboot reboot"
    Now download latest flashable of SuperSu and put it in your SD card or internal storage.
    "adb reboot recovery"
    Use cwm to flash the SuperSu file and reboot. (Y)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Free mobile app
    Doesn't work!!

Another option that you can try is the following Chinese Software called iRoot. (Previously called Vroot) Al you have to do is install the software, click Root and connect the USB cable. If I remember the order correctly.

This one worked for me:
    http :// www . mgyun . com / en / getvroot (Replace spaces by nothing)

According to some video's and forums you can later replace iRoot by SuperSu. Haven't tried this yet, cause I can work with this for now.

Hope this helps someone.

Now let's hope someday we can run CWM or TWRP recovery and that Cyanogenmod (or another good custom rom) is made available for our phone. It seems that they have somehow forgotten our phone. :(

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

Do you have a backup of the original boot.img if something goes wrong? Also if new OTA updates are released I guess v need to switch back to original files in order to install OTA updates.

download
    1. boot.img file
    2. zdsrooter setup
    3. adb run

after connecting usb
    1 open ADB RUN
    AFTER THAT

link to Adb_Run_v.3.78.65 : https://www.dropbox.com/s/oayywyapwiuuwx3/Adb_Run_v.3.78.65.zip?dl=0
    ndsrooter: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cps945xu82loyt0/zdsrooter_setup_2.6.16.3(1).exe?dl=0

THATS IT YOU ARE DONE
    DO NOT FORGET TO PRESS THANKS BUTTON
    appreciate me for my first work by hitting thanks button :) :)