No Bootloader OEM Unlock Option?

Search This thread

mobileanimal

Jul 23, 2013
Just remember that by enabling WiFi to do this an d communicate with Samsung, it's enabling Samsung to have another way of monitoring and having control over you. I'm done with Samsung phones.

brianblaze

Feb 18, 2020
Montreal
brianblaze.no-ip.org
I have tried resetting the time trick a dozen times and OEM unlock does not appear. What is really frustrating is that it was there when I first got the phone and I had it turned on. Of course back in March, there was nothing you could do with the phone. Then bright people started to figure out how to root but by then, a firmware update had come along and OEM unlock disappeared. I tried to install Magisk but it failed badly. Now I'm stuck with the first phone/tablet I can't clean up all the unwanted crap I will never use or want. Very frustrating.

Does this mean I should find an older image to root? As in it would be possible to find OEM unlock on a Canadian phone with the right firmware version?

Or are we just not able to root our s10+?

dantexaiver

Dec 18, 2010
I wonder if the OEM unlocking option could be un hidden by using some sort of secret phone doe you enter in on the dial pad

Last edited:

dantexaiver

Dec 18, 2010

brianblaze

Feb 18, 2020
Montreal
brianblaze.no-ip.org
Samsung locks them down for some reason. I am guessing due to pressure from the major carriers.

Seeing as it's just the North American market that gets ****ed, I presume it has more to do with them thinking of us as pretentious and since they are competing with apple on these flagship phones they lock them down as much so we can't hurt ourselves...

It's depressing and the last Samsung phone I ever buy lol

Last edited:

xunholyx

Recognized Contributor
Dec 3, 2012
Vancouver
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 5

Do you have OEM Unlocking in Developer Options in settings? If it is there and not grayed out, then you can root. If it isn't, you can't. That's the easiest way for you to see for yourself if you can unlock the bootloader and root it.

Reactions: DHGE and brianblaze

mafyadestek

May 17, 2020
I have tried resetting the time trick a dozen times and OEM unlock does not appear. What is really frustrating is that it was there when I first got the phone and I had it turned on. Of course back in March, there was nothing you could do with the phone. Then bright people started to figure out how to root but by then, a firmware update had come along and OEM unlock disappeared. I tried to install Magisk but it failed badly. Now I'm stuck with the first phone/tablet I can't clean up all the unwanted crap I will never use or want. Very frustrating.

Did you find a solution ? My phone android 10 dozen times and oem unluck dose not appear. Pls Help

Top Liked Posts