Question No Call Recoding Option In Sm-s908u1

Search This thread

jaxjekin

Aug 13, 2022
is there any way to enable native call recoding option in my samsung s22 ultra us version model no. s908u1. thanx in advance

xzaviergomez

Nov 7, 2008
Boy would I like to know, too. Coming from an internation S20+ and only bought this phone because I though CSC mod would work. Seems S908U1 is left out from what I can tell so far. Nonsense when it's legal in so many states.

lebigmac

Account currently disabled
Jan 31, 2017
🖐:D Hello my dear Samsung friends. Today I present to you :
The solution to activate native Samsung call recording option in your stock caller app is here! ;)(y)

• Make sure phone is rooted
  • Check on your phone if you got this file:
    Bash:
    /optics/configs/carriers/single/*YOUR_REGION*/conf/cscfeature.xml
  • Make a backup of the original cscfeature.xml file just in case
  • It is encrypted by default so you must first decrypt it with OmcTextDecoder
  • Then simply add this line:
    Bash:
    <CscFeature_VoiceCall_ConfigRecording>RecordingAllowed</CscFeature_VoiceCall_ConfigRecording>
  • Now save and encrypt the file again
  • And copy it back to where you found it
Enjoy native Samsung call recording option on your next-gen Samsung device! :D(y)
source
source

Last edited:

dj24

Jun 23, 2018
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Hello my dear Samsung friends. 🖐:D
The solution to activate native Samsung call recording option in your stock caller app is here! ;)(y)

• Make sure phone is rooted
  • Check on your phone if you got this file:
    Bash:
    /optics/configs/carriers/single/*YOUR_REGION*/conf/cscfeature.xml
  • Make a backup of the original cscfeature.xml file just in case
  • It is encrypted by default so you must first decrypt it
  • Then simply add this line:
    Bash:
    <CscFeature_VoiceCall_ConfigRecording>RecordingAllowed</CscFeature_VoiceCall_ConfigRecording>
  • Now save and encrypt the file again
  • And copy it back to where you found it
Enjoy native call Samsung recording option on your next-gen Samsung device! :D(y)
source
Does this work only for rooted devices? Looks like it might not apply to this thread because the question pertains only to U.S based devices which unfortunately can't be rooted at this time.

lebigmac

Account currently disabled
Jan 31, 2017
Does this work only for rooted devices? Looks like it might not apply to this thread because the question pertains only to U.S based devices which unfortunately can't be rooted at this time.
What do you mean can't be rooted? You cannot unlock the bootloader or what⁉️ :unsure:
You're joking right? :ROFLMAO:🃏 Maybe try Xiaomi next time and you won't have such issues ;)(y)

@dj24 You know you can always use a kernel vulnerability to gain temporary root privileges on a locked bootloader. Have you tried the recently released dirtypipe yet? Good luck! 🍀(y)

Last edited:

netnerd

Dec 4, 2006
ATT California USA
Does the recording feature work on a U.S S22 Ultra (U1 or U device)?

YES ! callapp
it works out of the box on Android 12.
I'm on Android 13 beta, it not working anymore BUT i really like this app, i played with the setting. on setting -> advance mode, pick media recorder. audio source: voice recognition. file format AMR.
now it records on Android 13 too !
I on USA unlocked s22 ultra U1

Reactions: lebigmac

snimmits

Dec 28, 2022
Can we use dirtypipe to achieve temp root and follow your csc instructions?

If yes - then another question for dirtypipe.
Does it trip the knox flag / counter at all - I really do not want to root or change the knox counter and loose warranty.

DigitalEcho

Jul 31, 2023
I would like to know how we would go about doing this as well. Seems like us united states people got shafted by samsung yet again. Land of the free, my ass. We can't unlock the bootloader or anything helpful with this phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Does the recording feature work on a U.S S22 Ultra (U1 or U device)?

YES ! callapp
    it works out of the box on Android 12.
    I'm on Android 13 beta, it not working anymore BUT i really like this app, i played with the setting. on setting -> advance mode, pick media recorder. audio source: voice recognition. file format AMR.
    now it records on Android 13 too !
    I on USA unlocked s22 ultra U1