• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

no certified in your country (google wallet)

Search This thread

garion521

Nov 16, 2007
All you have to do is just change the ro.product.device= htc_jewel instead of ro.product.device= jewel. Trust me it works. I had the same issue.

Sent from my htc_jewel using xda premium

Thanks that did the trick for me! After the edit and a reboot I'm now able to sign into google wallet.

I uploaded the backup of my virgin build.prop to mediafire. Remember to delete the .bak

http://www.mediafire.com/?o5bt3zbtjj4v0lm

Update: Well even though I can successfully log into google wallet, I keep getting errors when trying to add the Google Prepaid Card. Hopefully I can still get the free $10 by the time google/money market fixes whatever server issues they're having.

Last edited:

scottborasjr

Jan 3, 2011
So any knowledge about bricking the NFC?

I'm on Fresh's latest build but would like to try the new roms that Team D.I.R.T have released the last 24 hours but I do not want to brick my NFC for future use. Not sure I will ever use it unless it gets more widely accepted but I'd at least like to get my kid two happy meals with the free 10 bucks we were suppose to receive when we got the phone. :fingers-crossed:

aFoodStampBaby

Jun 30, 2011
Massachusetts
So I guess some of you guys are getting the red tint in your facing cam. So without resetting or clearing settings in google wallet. Leaving it the way it is. If you had changed the build prop to htc_jewel go back and change it back to jewel under device save changes and just reboot the phone. It go's back to stock and google wallet still has its fix. I did it myself and its working flawlessly. If it doesnt work then go back to htc_jewel. Try it doesn't hurt to. Thanks for reading.

HTC EVO LTE

weezymagic

Jul 3, 2010
I can't change build.prop if it's the one in /system/

I am trying from es file explorer. I guess it might need to be from a pc

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

butterbuns

Feb 20, 2008
Detroit
Was reading reviews on Wallet in the play store and it looks like the gsIII are getting the same message. I think everyone.should give them one star and blast them in the review for this. Maybe making it more public will get them to fix it faster.

coldheater

Aug 18, 2010
I have the galaxy S3 and i'm having the same problem. How do I fix it again? Where do I change the product name?

demass430

Jan 20, 2010
Crestline, Ohio
Its funny in a way that it doesn't work because nfc and google wallet are one of the main reasons i brought the phone...and now it doesn't work lol. Granted they were buy far not a selling point for me, but nonetheless still bothers me to not be able to use a capability of my phone.:(

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

All you have to do is just change the ro.product.device= htc_jewel instead of ro.product.device= jewel. Trust me it works. I had the same issue.

This recently worked for me.
I then made sure my google wallet was cleared out, and flashed a few other roms here and there. Google wallet was working fine on them too (as far as allowing me into the app)

I just flashed Goodies 1.5 though, and it won't let me into the app at all.
Maybe I will Nandroid and reflash Viperrom and see if I can get it to come back up.

idk.
so annoying

I need someone to confirm that this is a fix. It has worked for me more than once on getting into the apps and turning on a prepaid card.

1. Change ro.product.device=jewel to ro.product.device=htc_jewel (this is only editted once. No other build.prop edits)
2. Delete build.prop.bak (or at least move it to another location because wallet may detect it?)
3. Uninstall wallet update
4. Reboot
5. Install wallet updates
6. Open wallet and it should work?

Someone confirm...?

Last edited:
Reactions: mmmmmmmma

mmmmmmmma

Jun 29, 2009
YES! THIS WORKED! ON MEAN .06 FLASH AFTER A CLEAN WIPE! Spent hours on trying every damn build edit and this was the only one that worked! Do the edit, uninstall wallet, restart device (not hot restart), install wallet from market and BAM! It goes right in to terms and conditions and accounts to use options! Thank you! :)

elrayray

Dec 30, 2011
Do the edit, uninstall wallet, restart device (not hot restart), install wallet from market and BAM! It goes right in to terms and conditions and accounts to use options! Thank you! :)

Didn't work for me.

Edit* The developer of my ROM (OMJ) released a flashable .zip that fixed it for me. Available here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=28126626

Sent from my PG41200 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

called google wallet, they said there is widespread outages affecting many people. So apparently they need the MEID to research the issue
    So I bought the Evo the first day it came out. I'm still on stock and have been using Google Wallet happily. Well today, out of no where I get this damn error! This is so sad as I had left my wallet at home and I was at 7-Eleven and wanted to buy a quick snack but wasn't able to so I had to ask my boss to buy me something. So disappointed.
    do you happen to have that virgin copy of the build.prop?

It's at home on my desktop. :( If you like, I can get it to you later today, around 5 PM Eastern.
    I need someone to confirm that this is a fix. It has worked for me more than once on getting into the apps and turning on a prepaid card.

1. Change ro.product.device=jewel to ro.product.device=htc_jewel (this is only editted once. No other build.prop edits)
    2. Delete build.prop.bak (or at least move it to another location because wallet may detect it?)
    3. Uninstall wallet update
    4. Reboot
    5. Install wallet updates
    6. Open wallet and it should work?

Someone confirm...?