no certified in your country (google wallet)

Search This thread

travisw0204

Mar 1, 2008
I am stock non rooted and was just able to log into Google Wallet. Unfortunately I am still getting the Prepaid Error when trying to add a Prepaid card. This needs to get reconciled already. I have some money on the card I added and would like to use. I refuse to request a refund and wait almost a month and a half before I get a check. On top of that, they charge you for issuing the check even though their service hasn't worked for the last few weeks. I'll just wait it out and hopefully this gets resolved sooner than later.

Kujila

Jun 7, 2011
Stock here, non-rooted. Wallet previously working, now it gives the "not certified" error

Google Beta (TM) :p

snick8467

May 16, 2008
Plano,Tx
I've got the "not supported" message, my fiance's is still working. got our phones on the same day, both evo lte.

I hope sprint does come out with an app for nfc....i'm tired of wallet breaking and no communication from google....not like they don't have my email address.

Genjinaro

Jan 16, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
I've got the "not supported" message, my fiance's is still working. got our phones on the same day, both evo lte.

I hope sprint does come out with an app for nfc....i'm tired of wallet breaking and no communication from google....not like they don't have my email address.

I had to call them, they say its specific to the EVO LTE and they're fixing it, they wouldn't give him an ETA (sounded miffed about it) he will have an email notice sent to me once its up.

Sent from my EVO LTE

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1339873397108.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1339873397108.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 328

butterbuns

Feb 20, 2008
Detroit
This is just pissing me off more and more everyday now.. I keep calling and complaining.

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

Spencer_K

Aug 25, 2011
San Francisco
works

Works! I changed 3 locations in build.prop to GT-I9300, maybe that can help somebody, as it took me some time to decide what where. There are a few places that are CLOSE to what is called for, which required careful reading. Rebooted, finally let me run through the set up, and it works! Was giving me a little yellow box saying something about a rooted device, turned off super user, rebooted again, and everything if working plus no more yellow box!

Adam1422

Jun 10, 2010
MN
question

I am getting the same message with google wallet not being certified in your country or on your device/carrier. I have done all the build.prop edits and wiping data and nothing is working. My question is will I break my google wallet if I flash another custom rom...the reason I ask is because I am unable to get into google wallet to reset. I am on Viper now and would like to change to one that is updated daily until viper is back on the scene. Thanks for the help in advance!

butterbuns

Feb 20, 2008
Detroit
I am getting the same message with google wallet not being certified in your country or on your device/carrier. I have done all the build.prop edits and wiping data and nothing is working. My question is will I break my google wallet if I flash another custom rom...the reason I ask is because I am unable to get into google wallet to reset. I am on Viper now and would like to change to one that is updated daily until viper is back on the scene. Thanks for the help in advance!

its very possible, i have not tried so i cant answer for sure

surge89

Apr 2, 2011
Woodbridge
So I bought the Evo the first day it came out. I'm still on stock and have been using Google Wallet happily. Well today, out of no where I get this damn error! This is so sad as I had left my wallet at home and I was at 7-Eleven and wanted to buy a quick snack but wasn't able to so I had to ask my boss to buy me something. So disappointed.

Reactions: logie

erikivy

May 7, 2010
Central VA
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
All you have to do is just change the ro.product.device= htc_jewel instead of ro.product.device= jewel. Trust me it works. I had the same issue.

Sent from my htc_jewel using xda premium

I've been trying to get into GW simply so I can reset it and safely flash a different ROM. I had previously used the build.prop edit to I9300 (or whatever) to get GW to work. I mistakenly thought that to use your htc_jewel edit, I had use the previously edited build.prop and change that one.

What finally worked for me, however, was to take a virgin copy of the build.prop and edit THAT ONE as you described. I must have completely missed that distinction. Now that I have reset GW, I can experiment with other ROMs while waiting for Goggle to sort out their issues. I'm in no hurry to use GW, but I would like to have it functional for those times when I need it.

Thanks FSB!

Adam1422

Jun 10, 2010
MN
I've been trying to get into GW simply so I can reset it and safely flash a different ROM. I had previously used the build.prop edit to I9300 (or whatever) to get GW to work. I mistakenly thought that to use your htc_jewel edit, I had use the previously edited build.prop and change that one.

What finally worked for me, however, was to take a virgin copy of the build.prop and edit THAT ONE as you described. I must have completely missed that distinction. Now that I have reset GW, I can experiment with other ROMs while waiting for Goggle to sort out their issues. I'm in no hurry to use GW, but I would like to have it functional for those times when I need it.

Thanks FSB!

do you happen to have that virgin copy of the build.prop?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All you have to do is just change the ro.product.device= htc_jewel instead of ro.product.device= jewel. Trust me it works. I had the same issue.

Sent from my htc_jewel using xda premium
    called google wallet, they said there is widespread outages affecting many people. So apparently they need the MEID to research the issue
    So I bought the Evo the first day it came out. I'm still on stock and have been using Google Wallet happily. Well today, out of no where I get this damn error! This is so sad as I had left my wallet at home and I was at 7-Eleven and wanted to buy a quick snack but wasn't able to so I had to ask my boss to buy me something. So disappointed.
    do you happen to have that virgin copy of the build.prop?

It's at home on my desktop. :( If you like, I can get it to you later today, around 5 PM Eastern.
    I need someone to confirm that this is a fix. It has worked for me more than once on getting into the apps and turning on a prepaid card.

1. Change ro.product.device=jewel to ro.product.device=htc_jewel (this is only editted once. No other build.prop edits)
    2. Delete build.prop.bak (or at least move it to another location because wallet may detect it?)
    3. Uninstall wallet update
    4. Reboot
    5. Install wallet updates
    6. Open wallet and it should work?

Someone confirm...?

Sent from my EVO using xda premium