No custom rom development?

Search This thread

rob!n

Oct 24, 2017
Is it normal that poco f1 has still no custom rom development?
I had lenovo z2 plus. I guess kind of similar case like poco, 800 series soc in 20000 inr but it has ton of development and still holds till date.
Is it me? Or no dev has much interest in f1?

No offense to Devs....

Tomatot-

May 11, 2012
OnePlus 6
Is it normal that poco f1 has still no custom rom development?
I had lenovo z2 plus. I guess kind of similar case like poco, 800 series soc in 20000 inr but it has ton of development and still holds till date.
Is it me? Or no dev has much interest in f1?

No offense to Devs....

Hi, I come from the same phone! I think we were very lucky with our phone's community. So far indeed there's no much development but having TWRP and magisk is really a big step forward.

We just have to be patient. Or you can try to learn yourself and help the community ;)

rob!n

Oct 24, 2017
Hi, I come from the same phone! I think we were very lucky with our phone's community. So far indeed there's no much development but having TWRP and magisk is really a big step forward.

We just have to be patient. Or you can try to learn yourself and help the community ;)
Good advice. I appreciate your reply. Yea i guess patience it is then.

Mordar

Sep 11, 2012
That's why I'm holding up on buying this phone and either wait for OnePlus 6T, get the OnePlus 6 or wait until a custom ROMs start rolling for the Poco.

No custom ROMs = dead phone imho

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Xiaomi Poco F1
I think because of the rumors about xiaomi. No devs will develop this poco f1 but Project Treble is available.

Don't spread rumors.

The kernel source is incomplete, Wifi and Sound needs to be fixed. It will take time, and people are working on it. I already fixed wifi on my kernel fork but fixing sound is a whole other problem.

rob!n

Oct 24, 2017
Don't spread rumors.

The kernel source is incomplete, Wifi and Sound needs to be fixed. It will take time, and people are working on it. I already fixed wifi on my kernel fork but fixing sound is a whole other problem.

That's great. Thank you. But why did poco bragg about releasing sources.. whats the point of releasing them incomplete. So much for supporting custom community.

Last edited:

Dharmik Jain

Feb 23, 2015
That's great. Thank you. But why did poco bragged about releasing sources.. whats the point of releasing them incomplete. So much for supporting custom community.

Just wait for some months & the custom rom development will be great. I mean it will be similar to zenfone max pro m1, note 5 pro etc. Bcz of the popularity of the device. The more people will buy the phone, the more developers want to make official custom roms for the device.
Xiaomi, Oneplus & premium phones of different companies get custom roms bcz of their popularity. So poco f1 will have a big custom rom development community with almost every official custom rom. Peace.

Reactions: rob!n

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Xiaomi Poco F1
That's great. Thank you. But why did poco bragged about releasing sources.. whats the point of releasing them incomplete. So much for supporting custom community.

It's basically how it has always been for custom kernels from everyone. Linux kernel itself is free and open, yes, but the DRIVERS for the Wifi and DAC/DSP stuff may not be.

I'd sooner blame Qualcomm than Xiaomi tbh, sure they make good hardware but Qcom are notoriously shady with business practices.

Reactions: meltbanana

shailendra1993

Apr 21, 2012
OnePlus 7
That's great. Thank you. But why did poco bragg about releasing sources.. whats the point of releasing them incomplete. So much for supporting custom community.

Because those drivers are proprietary codes, most companies don't want their sources to be released/leaked in public, so you need to fix it by your own. Torvalds had even shown Nvidia a middle finger for that in public but they are not alone. The bigger a company, more they are away from FSF (except few).

Xiaomi released what it could and they always release half codes, sometimes they gobble up camera, sometimes wifi or whatever they feel like. Most of the Xiaomi phones will not have the same camera output as it were in MIUI because of this.

Last edited:

rob!n

Oct 24, 2017
Because those drivers are proprietary codes, most companies don't want their sources to be released/leaked in public, so you need to fix it by your own. Torvalds had even shown Nvidia a middle finger for that in public but they are not alone. The bigger a company, more they are away from FSF (except few).

Xiaomi released what it could and they always release half codes, sometimes they gobble up camera, sometimes wifi or whatever they feel like. Most of the Xiaomi phones will not have the same camera output as it were in MIUI because of this.
Oh. So behind every custom rom for any device, dev has to work a lot to make it stable or even to get the rom into existence.
Respect...

Reactions: b00dymoon

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Be patient. They're coming ;)
    I think because of the rumors about xiaomi. No devs will develop this poco f1 but Project Treble is available.

Don't spread rumors.

you can try gsi roms :D

Volte and no audio stops me every time from flash a gsi.

Just wait for some months & the custom rom development will be great. I mean it will be similar to zenfone max pro m1, note 5 pro etc. Bcz of the popularity of the device. The more people will buy the phone, the more developers want to make official custom roms for the device.
    Xiaomi, Oneplus & premium phones of different companies get custom roms bcz of their popularity. So poco f1 will have a big custom rom development community with almost every official custom rom. Peace.

It's basically how it has always been for custom kernels from everyone. Linux kernel itself is free and open, yes, but the DRIVERS for the Wifi and DAC/DSP stuff may not be.

I'd sooner blame Qualcomm than Xiaomi tbh, sure they make good hardware but Qcom are notoriously shady with business practices.