No deep sleep

Search This thread

vinylmeister

Nov 3, 2013
Germany
Hey,

I have encountered that my device does not deep sleep. Several kernel managers just show up 0% ds. Tried really everything. Fresh installation, no Apps, mobile date and wifi disabled, removed sim... 0% deepl sleep. Noticed a "0-0028" wakelock, seems to be device on wl. Nothing else strange.

Only if I reboot device and do not enter a sim pin and not use the device, it sleeps deep. Is that normal?

Any hints truly appreciated.

Noter2017

Dec 10, 2016
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Xiaomi Mi Band 4
Hey,

I have encountered that my device does not deep sleep. Several kernel managers just show up 0% ds. Tried really everything. Fresh installation, no Apps, mobile date and wifi disabled, removed sim... 0% deepl sleep. Noticed a "0-0028" wakelock, seems to be device on wl. Nothing else strange.

Only if I reboot device and do not enter a sim pin and not use the device, it sleeps deep. Is that normal?

Any hints truly appreciated.
Would be helpful to know which ROM and which version you are using

vinylmeister

Nov 3, 2013
Germany
Of course, you are right :ROFLMAO:

Tried it with almost every rom, on each the same problem. ArrowOS, AEX, BaikalOS, CRDroid and LineageOS. All roms tested on A11.

Noter2017

Dec 10, 2016
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Xiaomi Mi Band 4
Of course, you are right :ROFLMAO:

Tried it with almost every rom, on each the same problem. ArrowOS, AEX, BaikalOS, CRDroid and LineageOS. All roms tested on A11.
Then it's probably one of your apps not allowing your phone to go into deep sleep.

You can use an app like Greenify to find out which one:

Alrich

May 3, 2015
Goa
Clean your charging port.
I had this issue many years ago with another phone and it was mind boggling as I went to every service center, tried every single suggestion across the entire Internet.

Turned out my charging port was dirty and some pins were being short. Android was incorrectly labeling it as "Android System" and my phone never deep slept.
Clean your headphone port too.

• Wow
Reactions: pnin

vinylmeister

Nov 3, 2013
Germany
Clean your charging port.
I had this issue many years ago with another phone and it was mind boggling as I went to every service center, tried every single suggestion across the entire Internet.

Turned out my charging port was dirty and some pins were being short. Android was incorrectly labeling it as "Android System" and my phone never deep slept.
Clean your headphone port too.
Sadly, that didn't solve the problem. Phone always awake, kernel wakelock 0-0028 eating battery.