• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question No end call sound when hanging up if ringtone is set to silent

Search This thread

bbacon

Dec 20, 2007
Baltimore
I know this might be a dumb question, but I'm coming from a OnePlus 7 Pro and when I had the ring volume set to silent I would hear a sound at the end of the phone call when either party hung up. Ever since I have set my Pixel 6 Pro to silent though, there is never a sound when hanging up a phone call. Sometimes I can't tell if the other person hung up or just put me on hold. Is there any way to fix this with out turning the ring volume on? I can't really have my ring volume on at work, but would still like to know when I get hung up on.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

bbacon

Dec 20, 2007
Baltimore
Do you know if the same happens when you use Do Not Disturb as when you manually have the ring volume manually set to silent? (i.e. don't have the ring volume set to silent before testing Do Not Disturb)
Just tested this out, had do not disturb on and ring volume up and it made the same sound hanging up as when do not disturb is turned off

bbacon

Dec 20, 2007
Baltimore
Thanks man, I must have been a bit slow on the uptake last night and didn't even realize this was a work around until you just replied right now. Now I'll just leave on do no disturb at work and finally be able to hear when a phone call ends.

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Thanks man, I must have been a bit slow on the uptake last night and didn't even realize this was a work around until you just replied right now. Now I'll just leave on do no disturb at work and finally be able to hear when a phone call ends.
Sure thing. I thought maybe there was a slight disconnect in our communication, but I wasn't positive.

When Do not Disturb first came out I hated it, but they've improved it so much, within a major Android version or two, I never manually set the ring/notification tone to silence, although there may have been once in a while I set it to vibrate, but rarely.

My last phone between the Pixel 1 and this P6P, the Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, they gimped DnD somewhat from stock Android for some dumb reason so that it wasn't quite as feature-full, but it still got the job done.

You can set exceptions for groups of people, particular people, particular apps, except media volume - very configurable although there's still always room for further improvement.

Reactions: bbacon

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I know this might be a dumb question, but I'm coming from a OnePlus 7 Pro and when I had the ring volume set to silent I would hear a sound at the end of the phone call when either party hung up. Ever since I have set my Pixel 6 Pro to silent though, there is never a sound when hanging up a phone call. Sometimes I can't tell if the other person hung up or just put me on hold. Is there any way to fix this with out turning the ring volume on? I can't really have my ring volume on at work, but would still like to know when I get hung up on.
    Do you know if the same happens when you use Do Not Disturb as when you manually have the ring volume manually set to silent? (i.e. don't have the ring volume set to silent before testing Do Not Disturb)
    Just tested this out, had do not disturb on and ring volume up and it made the same sound hanging up as when do not disturb is turned off
    Awesome! Hopefully, Google doesn't "fix" that workaround.
    Sure thing. I thought maybe there was a slight disconnect in our communication, but I wasn't positive.

When Do not Disturb first came out I hated it, but they've improved it so much, within a major Android version or two, I never manually set the ring/notification tone to silence, although there may have been once in a while I set it to vibrate, but rarely.

My last phone between the Pixel 1 and this P6P, the Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, they gimped DnD somewhat from stock Android for some dumb reason so that it wasn't quite as feature-full, but it still got the job done.

You can set exceptions for groups of people, particular people, particular apps, except media volume - very configurable although there's still always room for further improvement.